Sunday, April 15, 2007

Weekend Reflection


Family~
Monday Izzy met 'Bear.' You can read about that here...

Tuesday Amanda got her driver's license!

Here's Izzy at Heath (the chiropractor) on Tuesday too!

Friday evening we headed to Dallas. There were tornados all along the path we were to be traveling, so we got a slow start and they had all passed through. Whew, what a long car ride! Emelia said, "this was the longest four hours of my life." I don't know about that, but it sure did seem long.
Saturday we went to see Thurman Scrivner (tlsm.org). This lasted all afternoon, but was great teaching and information. After the teaching was over we spent time with some of the key people working with that ministry team. It was really a great experience and I'll write more about it.
After we left I took the kids for some El Fenix. I got hooked on this place when we were in dallas for the 8 weeks after Izzy's near drowning.
We headed home Sunday afternoon to help celebrate my brother Mike's birthday. I didn't stay long because Izzy was pooped out from the trip, but there was much food to be had there! My mom is the best cook!
The pics of Bailey and Emelia are at El Fenix (with my phone camera).





Kitchen~
The chicken squares I made on this week's Menu Plan Monday were so good I am planning to have them again this week :o). I made a double batch and used 8 oz. of cream cheese. I also added green onions rather than dried and some real bacon bits.

Bloggville~

First I want to mention Heather. I am praying for Heather and know that the bloggers are rallying to support her and her family.







The thinking blogger award has come back to me again ~ twice! Thank you so much Kim (Kim's Candor) and Catherine (Edward & Catherine Carmichael).

Last (but not least) one of my favorite people has started a blog. You should stop by and welcome Melody! We'll be working on beautifying her blog in the next few days/weeks :o).


Well, thanks Judi for hosting weekend reflections. It is great to sit and remember all the great events of the past week.

post signature

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a pretty good week. I'm so happy that you missed the bad weather here. It was rough, but it didn't last too long :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a safe trip! I am going to try the chicken! I hope this week goes well!

Mandalyn said...

I'm glad your trip went well and that you all made it home safe. I've printed off the chicken recipe and e-mailed it to my mother. I'm going to try it soon!

I stopped by your friend, Melody's, blog and said hi. I look forward to talking to her in the blogosphere!:)

God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Glad you had a safe and fun trip. :o)

I went and visited Melody already! :o) Any friend of Annie's has got to be worth it! :o)

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a good trip. I am also glad you missed the horrific weather. I watched Stacy's video of the tornado! YIKES! I hope you have many blessings this week. (((hugs)))

Barb said...

Boy, it's easy to see why you call him The Bear. I think I'd call him The Teddy Bear. He looks like such a nice guy.

And your weather Friday evening had me all up in arms since my niece and her family live there. The photos I saw on Fox News were terrifying.

Robin Green said...

I'm glad you had a good week--sorry about the tornado stuff--we dealt with that a little on Saturday morning. Yuck. What fun to eat out with the kids--I took some restaurant pictures this weekend too--unfortunately, I can't post them because I don't have permission from the other kids parents.

Michelle said...

what a great recap to your week! thank God you made the trip w/out any problems with the weather!