1. I was born in Ft. Smith, Arkansas in August, 1969.
2. I moved to Oklahoma before turning two weeks old.
3. My first outing was to church.
4. My first best friend went to church with me, her name was Alicia Patterson.
5. Me and Alicia would show up for church in matching clothes when we were little girls (our moms both sewed and shopped the same fabric store!)
6. I have two older brothers.
7. My parents are still married.
8. We moved to what I thought was the country (choctaw) when I was 7.
9. My dad bought me a horse (named Blossom) shortly after our move.
10. This horse got meaner by the day.
11. I woke up one morning to find two horses. We didn't know Blossom was expecting...
12. I went to church camp every summer throughout my childhood.
13. One summer there were tornados nightly in the area. We spent a lot of time in the hallway of the mess hall. Very scary!
14. I like to roller skate, and ice skate.
15. I played the clarinet and oboe for a couple of years.
16. I played basketball until I started managing the boys team.
17. My no. 1 question I am asked is, "did you play basketball?"
18. Probably because I am 6'1" tall.
19. In college I enjoyed wearing heels to class when short professors were not being nice so I could look down at them. If I couldn't intimidate with my brains, I could with my height!
20. I went to work for the State of Oklahoma Historical society in my senior year.
21. I was awarded a scholarship for academic achievement.
22. I changed my major many times and have enough hours to more than cover a degree with many minors, but have a few classes short in every one before the 'completion.'
23. I still plan to complete this!
24. Marriage and family was more important to me than finishing school.
25. I met Matt when I was 15.
26. He was 18.
27. We broke up once for a month or so. We dated other people.
28. He wanted to 'get back together' when my dad called him Scott by mistake.
29. We were married June 17, 1989.
30. He got upset with me when we were signing home loan papers and I accidentally put june 31. I just got the dates confused.
32. I'm getting tired of thinking of things to write...
33. We had our first child (amanda jane) on July 28, 1990.
34. We had planned to wait at least 7 years... uh oh!
35. We had our second child (john bailey) on Feb. 7, 1994.
36. We had our third child (emelia rae) on March 13, 1998.
37. We had our fourth and last child (isabelle renee) on July 26, 2002.
38. Our kids are all four years apart!
39. Bailey was born naturally because there was an ice storm and the anesthesiologist was busy. This was after being induced and not a fun day.
40. I felt great immediately after giving birth to Bailey.
41. Emelia was the biggest, yet easiest birth.
42. Isabelle was also pretty easy.
43. Isabelle drowned and was revived at 21 months of age.
44. That was to date the worst experience of my life.
45. I have completely changed a lot of my ideals since that day.
46. We spend weeks in the hospital with Izzy.
47. We were then sent out of town to a 'rehab' facility.
48. The doctors there accidentally overdosed Izzy and she was back in the hospital (out of town).
49. This was the darkest day I have lived.
50. I sat watching her, signed a dnr, and thought she may not live.
51. I remember going into the hospital gift shop, there were so many cute things in this one and I didn't want to buy anything because I thought she wouldn't be coming home.
52. I layed outside the hospital er on a concrete bench, crying and praying for an eternity.
53. I never knew how strong one child could be.
54. I missed my other three children so much it ached. I remember they came to visit on father's day and I fell apart when they left.
55. We spent matt's birthday, our anniversary, and fathers day in the hospital room.
56. I hate hospitals.
57. I have wonderful parents.
58. I was so thankful to have them to help with the kids during this time.
59. My parents live about a block away from me and often walk down our road. It makes me smile to see them out walking.
60. They were walking up when the ambulance was working on Izzy and I couldn't face them.
61. I am running out of things to say ...
62. I love sonic ice.
63. I also love bubble yum. Especially wild strawberry... but it is extremely hard to find.
64. I like coke.
65. I love those artichoke spinach souffles at panera bread.
66. I ate weird things during my pregnancies.
67. When I was pg with Amanda I ate cheese eggs (scrambled eggs with velveeta, sounds gross now) and russell stovers fudge (no nuts).
68. With Bailey we were going through a no meat phase. Bailey is mostly vegetarian... weird huh?
69. I loved hot sauce and mexican food with Emelia. She could eat hot sauce at a very young age and has always loved it.
70. I loved toast with grape jelly with Iz.
71. My parents told me most of my life I was named after Deborah in the bible.
72. My name is deborah ann and I have always gone by Annie, although in school I was sometimes debi.
73. Much later my mom admitted that dad watched a Deborah Kerr movie the night before my birth.
74. I met my friend Julie when she was pregnant with her first child and borrowed my maternity clothes. She came to stay with us for a few weeks and has been part of the family every since.
75. I met my friend Melody when we were little girls and then later we worked together and were pregnant with our first at the same time. She also has two older brothers, and drove the same car I drove. It was spooky.
76. I met Mendy at church when we were about 10. We got to be good friends after high school.
77. I became friends with Laura when she went with me to do prison ministry and her teenage daughter kept the kids for me. She is 15 years older than I am. She was in the room when Izzy was born, she was kind of trapped but she got to see it all.
78. Matt's mom and aunt were also in the room.
79. I didn't care at that point. Modesty had left the room...
80. Okay, I'm stuck ...
81. I love biolage shampoo and conditioner.
82. I am very tall.
83. I do things too quickly and am a big time multi tasker. This is not always a good thing... like driving, reading a book, talking on the phone, and listening to the radio.
84. I have grown in my love for God over the last three years.
85. I think God is awesome and I want to please Him first and foremost!
86. I love listening to faith teaching on the radio or cd's.
87. I am struggling to find my place in church. My family church is too conservative, but I love the people.
88. I still am in contact with a few inmates that I met when doing prison ministry.
89. Diana, who was in for trafficking(sp?) drugs... is out now and she and I talk every couple of months. She is clean and married now, living a holy life. She attributes this to me which is hard to swallow, but I am glad that she is where she is today and I am so proud of her. She is one of my best prayer warriors.
90. I met Jackie Gore when we were in picu with Iz. She had a son who had drown and was totally healed. She drove all the way to dallas to pray for Iz a month later. She is another one of my best prayer warriors.
91. I met Jane when we were in dallas and her son had drown 5 years before. They built a huge hyperbaric chamber and we visit them as often as possible to get Izzy in the chamber. Jane is a great woman of faith.
92. I started giving Izzy Juice plus when my sister in law, Ann, told me about it. She has been so blessed by it (healthy as a horse :o). Ann has been a prayer warrior for Izzy too!
93. I believe in miracles.
94. I collect believe signs.
95. I believe it is God's will to heal.
96. I believe Izzy will one day be healed completely.
97. I can't believe I am almost finished with this!
98. I have a great dog, named lady. She is a lady! She shells pistachios with her teeth and eats the nut out of the shell. She is a big dog.
99. I love sleeping in late!
100. I know I have forgotten people places and things that are equally relevant, but it doesn't matter because here is a completed list of 100 things about me and if you are at this point you are probably either asleep or bored so I am going to end here. Maybe my 200th post I will talk about our moves, my jobs, school, etc.