Thursday, April 12, 2007

Slow Cooker Thursday~Beer Beef Fajitas


Beer Beef Fajitas

2 pounds beef round steak
2 packets (1.27-ounces each) fajita seasoning mix (recommended: Lawry's)

1 onion, thickly sliced
2 green bell peppers, sliced into 1/2-inch strips
1 red bell pepper, sliced into 1/2-inch strips
1/2 cup beer or water.
Rinse steaks with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Season both sides of steaks with 1 packet of fajita seasoning. Slice into strips; set aside. Add vegetables to a 5-quart slow cooker. Toss with remaining packet of fajita seasoning. Add steak strips on top of vegetables. Pour in beer. Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.

Serve hot with peppers, warm tortillas, refried beans, and shredded cheese, if desired.


This is my 99th post! I am trying to compile a list of 100 things about me, it's hard! I guess that will be my next post when I finish...

Head over to Sandra's (family corner) blog to sign up and see more slow cooker recipes.

post signature

9 comments:

Sandra said...

I LOVE Fajitas, they are one of my favorites.

I'm putting together my new menu for next week and this one is definitely going on there :)

Thank you Annie :)
Hugs,
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Fajitas! Yum! Thanks for sharing.

MJ

Robin Green said...

I am almost to my 100th post too! Maybe next week--I've already written my 100 things post--like 2 weeks ago!

Anonymous said...

Annie--

Yummy! I know I have to give this a try... I am a slow cookeraholic! (is that a word?). Thanks for sharing...

will try this next week..

DJ

Jenny said...

You can do it! You can think of a hundred things!!! I'll love to read it when it's done.
See my post for an update on the prayer request.

Unknown said...

This recipe sounds so good. I'll have to add it to my recipe file. Thanks for sharing it!

Anonymous said...

This looks awesome! I will totally have to try this.

Have a wonderful Thursday!

Sherry

Haley said...

We like it very much! It is super comfy to curl up in and read, or just relax. I think it would be great for Izzy because when you lay in it, it comfortably supports your whole body.

Oh! and I found out the sex of my baby today! I'm having a boy!!

~Haley

Michelle said...

these sound good! I bet my hubby would enjoy these; thanks for sharing!