Monday, April 9, 2007

CranioSacral Therapy, Myofascial therapy, Rolfing... OH MY!

Well, I thought I would write a quick post about Izzy's appointment today. We met Michael the therapist (aka Bear?)... he was very nice, gentle, kind ... He had an interesting approach. I was sitting in his waiting area on the sofa and he came out and sat beside me. He asked if Izzy would mind if he held her? I told him I didn't think she would mind. He began rubbing her neck and head (I guess this was the craniosacral part of the therapy.) He talked to us (Matt met us there too) while he worked on her at least an hour. He worked on her hips, her spine, her feet... all the time telling us where and how to do these same things. He showed me with his hands pressure points and how to apply firm but gentle pressure. I liked him. About half way through the session I could tell he had caught the Izzy bug. It doesn't take long for anyone who spends any time with her to fall for her - completely :) and he did. He said he would work with her weekly. Before we left I asked him about the fees for his services to which he replied, "I will not accept payment for working with Izzy. This is the reason I love what I do and I love working with her." He teared up, Matt teared up, of course I teared up ... Anyway, he said I could bake him a pie or something but he could not accept payment for his sessions with Izzy. What a blessing! Everything we do is thousands of dollars so I was more surprised than anything at first. I left feeling very peaceful about our experience and know that "bear" will be great for Izzy! Tonight Matt did some of the techniques for relaxation on Izzy after her supper, she fell asleep in his lap (very unusual). It worked... She doesn't seem to be sick, just a little sniffly. Thanks for your prayers today, I know they blessed our socks off.
post signature

21 comments:

Mandalyn said...

How amazing! Isn't God good!! I've thought about ya'll and prayed today! I'm so glad the appointment went well and that you felt good about the outcome! I will keep you in my prayers! Thanks for the update!

ann said...

I'm so excited about the methods he will be using and I think it's great that you will be able to do them as well! God is so good and it's so comforting to be reminded in such a way! My prayers, of thanksgiving, as well as continued prayer for Izzy's healing will be special tonight!

Anonymous said...

Oh Annie, I am so excited! God is so good, it is exciting to see moments like this when life is full of tough situations! Now we need to help you come up with some good pie recipes!

You are in my prayers,

DJ

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robin Green said...

This post makes me so happy! I am glad that you found someone like him. He literally sounds like a "God-send"! I just know you will see great things come out of this!

Amberly said...

What a blessing! I hope that Izzy will continue to improve!

Haley said...

Annie,

I mentioned you in my post today. I would love for you to read it. I know you will truly enjoy it. :-)

~Haley

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

God is so good! I love that!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Now I have tears in my eyes! How wonderful that he is such a generous man and how wonderful that he took to Izzy. I'm glad she seems to enjoy the treatment too. Blessings!

Mrs. Jones said...

Hi. I really love your blog, and your family is beautiful. Best wishes to all of you.

Anonymous said...

What a blessing for your family! I know you are truly thankful for people like that! Have a wonderful day!

Joyful Days said...

What a wonderful gift. I have tears. Sounds like God sent you a touch from an angel today.

Constance said...

Good Tuesday morning Annie,
What a wonderful therapist, and what a blessing for your family !

I am sure that he will love you baking something homemade for him each week as a thank you ! That was a great idea !

Debi said...

Not surprising you all teared up...I teared up just reading about it. How truly, truly wonderful! So happy for all of you! And I'm sure he will receive as much from Izzy as she does from him.

Anonymous said...

Oh Annie! That is just the sweetest thing ever. What a wonderful man! It's people like him that add so much to this world. What a blessing! I understand why y'all were teary eyed! Just reading your post made me cry. I'm so glad he has blessed you so ~ and that it made Izzy feel good!

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so happy for you guys! I can understand why he fell for her. I just had to see her picture and I fell for her. I got teared up just reading this! Give her a squeeze from me!

Barb said...

There's not one single doubt in my mind that God sent The Bear to sweet Izzy. Oh my sweet goodness, what a huge huge blessing.

Susanne said...

Oh, Annie! What a blessing! I can just imagine what it does to your mommy's heart to know that God sent you someone to work with Izzy whose heart is just totally for children.

Anonymous said...

Oh! That is such a wonderful blessing!!
Celebrating God's goodness with you!

Michelle said...

what a blessing that he is going to treat Izzy for free!! Wow and wow!! how awsome is that!

I have an aunt and cousin in Denmark who tried to get me to take Kayla to a Rolfer, said it would really beneficial to her. But we live in a small town, and there isn't anyone close by that does this. Let me know what you think of it.