Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My daughter did what???

Well, it's official... Amanda got her driver's license today! Everyone clear the roads in Oklahoma County for a few months (just kidding). It is taking me a while to wrap my brain around the "you have a child old enough to drive idea." I feel so young. I find myself going back and forth between, "She doesn't even know her way to the store" to "I can send her out to the store!" She is incredibly responsible and very mature.
We went this afternoon... my brother is a hearing officer at the dept. of public safety ... so he got an appointment with a friend who does the driving tests today because they canceled all their scheduled tests due to rain. We were told they could not perform a driving test if windshield wipers were necessary. We had to use windshield wipers all the way to the office. It didn't look promising, but we kept moving forward. The clouds lifted for about fifteen minutes, long enough for Amanda to pass her driver's exam. She did two things wrong, she hit the curb when parallel parking, and she used a turn signal at some point ... but she passed so that was great. I told her I didn't know how to parallel park either. I just pulled right beside a car. I was thinking of parallel bars (gymnastics - their side by side right?). Yes, I am a blond, but a smart one :)


post signature

12 comments:

Robin Green said...

Congratulations Amanda! Wow, that is a bit of a scary thought! K will be able to get her permit in less than two months. Oh--that's a little depressing--I think I'll just go now...

Joyful Days said...

I am not ready for this. I am not ready for this.

Happy Driving Amanda. Blessings to you all.

Haley said...

Yay for amanda getting her drivers license!!! That's great!

I wish her and your entire family safe travels! :-)

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting for her, but a little scary for you I am sure!

Robin Green said...

You have been tagged--sort of!

My Trendy Tykes said...

Way to go Amanda!

She looks just like you, Annie!

Linda

Anonymous said...

Yay, Amanda!! (((Hugs))), Momma! LOL!! I can't parallel park either. Don't think I ever will be able to, LOL!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Amanda! Annie, she is so beautiful. And this is such a milestone. Time goes by so fast doesn't it? And for the record, I can not parallel park either. Who does that?? LOL!

Michelle said...

Congrats to your daughter (who is very pretty by the way!) Fun times now huh?

Julie said...

Yeah Amanda!!! I'm so proud of her! I am feeling very old by the way. :)
Hey, you need to give me the details of your trip this weekend. Maybe I can drive up and see you.

In Pursuit of His Call said...

Congrats to your daughter!!! Doesn't time just fly by so quickly? DearDaughter is only 16 months old, but that time just went by so quickly and DearDaughter has learned so much that DearHubby and I always joke that tomorrow DearDaughter will be driving already. Well, at least now you can enjoy having her run some errands for you. That's what driving children are for, right?

Irene said...

Congratulations! Many safe trips.