Friday, April 13, 2007

favorite ingredient friday ~ lemon chicken


















Every Friday I almost forget to post this meme and I really love doing this one. There are some great recipes to be had over at "Overwhelmed with Joy!" You should check them out. I should be packing because we are leaving in just a few hours and I have not finished yet!!!! But, I am here, posting a recipe :) Oh well, I'll get it done! (I'm repeating in my mind... "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength"... "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!" and so on...)
We'll be gone until Sunday, it is raining buckets here so please say a little prayer for our safe travel if you have a sec. & have a great weekend!

This recipe is really good. I went through a stage where I cooked this a lot! My good friend Mendy made this once for her parents years ago (and if you know Mendy, you would know that she somehow would always leave one thing out..) and she left out the brown sugar, which is pretty important! Her poor parents puckered the lemon chicken down and I smile every time I get that visual. Then there was the time she brought fudge to our house for a party that we had to eat with a spoon (I love Mendy!). So, if you make this... remember the brown sugar!

Lemon Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts ( I like to cut them into smaller pieces and/or use tenders)

1/4 c. flour

1 t. paprika

1 t. salt

1/2 c. lemon juice

2-3 T. butter

1/2 c. chicken broth or bullion

1 T. brown sugar

parsley

Soak chicken in lemon juice for about 30 minutes to 1 hour... dip in flour mixed with salt & paprika... brown in butter... add chicken broth and brown sugar mixed and let the sauce thicken for about 20 minutes covered.
I like this alone or served with rice.
garnish with parsley.


post signature

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds great, thanks for sharing! Have a safe trip & a great weekend!

cdorsey said...

That looks delicious. I'm so glad I found this meme. I will not be recipe searching for a while. I have found several, including this one, that I would like to try.

Thanks,
Catherine
http://angelfoodcakeisntacandle.blogspot.com

Jenn said...

I cut my chicken breasts, too. I actually use a filet knife to filet them, this way they are thinner, cook nicer, and more of a decent portion size.... ;-)

This recipe looks very good, I will try this one soon!

Thanks!!

Jenn

Lana said...

looks yummy!
I just read your story and I hope you don't mind if I put a link to my blog. I think your water safety message is so important to get out there.

ann said...

I'll be praying for your safe journey! Hope it's warmer where you'll be than it's supposed to be here. Since all my grandbabies were somewhere else on Easter, I've invited them all to spend tonite with us and planned for them to hunt eggs in the morning! So much for that idea! I think I'm going to make some kind of game that includes a spinner and maybe they can spin for their eggs?! I don't know - I guess we'll figure it out as we go along! Have fun on your trip!

Barb said...

My word, Annie. I can't keep up with you! So first, I have to say that the music you have playing here is a joy - honestly, I could just sit here for half an hour and listen to your entire play list.

And your 100 things post is wonderful. But the simplicity with which you stated #43 just about stopped my heart. I'm pretty sure that simple statement did crack my heart a little bit.

Wonderful post. And congratulations on getting through it. Doing the 100 things post isn't easy, is it?

Anonymous said...

Thanks Annie, I can't have enough chicken recipes

AT said...

Hi! Just wanted to stop by and thank you for visiting my blog for last week's FIF. I haven't had a chance to be on here since then, but I just wanted to show my appreciation. Your lemon chicken definitely gives me an alternative to eating my chicken plain from now on...haha! Have a great day!

Overwhelmed! said...

Annie- I had to laugh at the story of your friend leaving the brown sugar out of this recipe! :)

Oh, I've been meaning to tell you, I made your Mom's hot rolls on Easter sunday and they were a BIG hit!! I took a picture of them to share with you. :) What's your email address so I can send the picture to you?

Okay, that's all. Thanks so much, Annie, for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday- Easter Edition recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.

I hope to see you again next Friday!

Haley said...

Annie,

The chicken sounds delicious! I hope your travels are safe and happy this weekend. LOL I love your story about Mendy! It mad eme laugh pretty hard. :-)

~Haley

yerdoingitwrong said...

Great Blog! Had to come check out the fellow Annie!!

Eagles Wings said...

okay another good one to try...thanks for stopping by...
hope you have a great trip!

Constance said...

Yummmm, Annie, that sounds SO good ! I copied it, and will try it in the next few weeks !

Hope all goes well on your travels --

hugs,
Loving Annie

Michelle said...

This sounds so good! I was getting bored of my chicken recipes and this is just what I needed for something different - thank you!

Joyful Days said...

I will have to try this.