Thursday, April 12, 2007

Friday's Feast







Appetizer


When you were a child, which crayon color was your favorite?

I didn't have a 'favorite' crayon. I liked all the colors and remember drawing and coloring trees, brown trunks, green tops with red dots for apples. The trees always had apples.

Soup

On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being highest), how likely would you be to change jobs if it required you to move?

Considering I am a stay at home mom, I wouldn't really change jobs even if I did move. My job goes everywhere I go, this includes the bathroom, the kitchen, even the bedroom. Being a stay at home mom is a full time job but one that I would not trade for any other at this point.

Salad

Take all the numbers in your birthday and your phone number and add them up, one by one. What’s the total?

Okay, I was a math major for a while and I am going to have to read this one again, s l o w l y ... 84...

Main Course
Have you ever “re-gifted” anything? If so, what was it and who did you pass it on to?

I was given a picture in a frame from my friend Melody shortly after Izzy's accident that said something like "a friend is praying for you" and I noticed it had a little card tucked in the back to write who it was from and to and from and to and so on... so one day I went to a friend's house whose husband had just left her and she and her little boy moved into an apartment. She wasn't into decorating so I offered to spend the morning while Izzy was in school hanging her pictures and rearranging her furniture (she was at work). I sat that picture on a shelf and don't know if she ever found it, but I wrote that it was from Melody to me and the from me to Amy. She was really pleased with her apartment and we planned to do some shopping for a few items I thought she 'needed,' but life has been too busy so far.

Dessert
Name something you need from the store.

Nothing. I'm thinking really hard... but, I went to the store today and spent a lot of time there while my car was being serviced/oil changed. I walked down every aisle and got everything I could think of... OH wait there is one thing! I saw on someone's WFMW post that they used bleach tablets and I want (need) some of those! I couldn't find them today so the search continues! Oh and spongebob fleece for the blanket I'm going to make for Carrie's daughter Sadie (I hope to take pics and do a tutorial Barb style on how to make this...). I've looked a couple of places and have yet to find it which really surprises me considering how popular SB is!!!



post signature

33 comments:

Callie Ann said...

Just came by visiting. I was doing the Friday Feast and it said your was up. Too Cool. I am going to go look aorund now. Take it easy. ~~Callie~~

Julie said...

Enjoyed your feast. I agree with your soup. Am a SAHM myself.Have a great Friday.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet story that is about the picture frame! I wish I had had a friend like you when my husband (ex) walked out on me. Those little things mean so much! :o)

Mandalyn said...

You are such a great friend! I know your friend appreciated your help with her house when her husband left her!

I didn't know you were a math major. I love learning new stuff about everyone!

I know Sadie will love her SB blanket!

Kara said...

Great Feast, I agree with your soup too, being a SAHM is the best job.

Melli said...

Enjoyed your feast!

Gattina said...

I never understood anything in maths !

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Great feast Annie! I love all of the images and pics you included, especially with the crayon one :)

Great story about the picture frame. And I hope you find the Spongebob stuff, that's so incredibly sweet of you :)

Have a great day and a wonderful weekend!!!

Joseph C. Harris said...

Great Feast. I enjoyed your story about the apples and the picture frame. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Anonymous said...

The trees always had apples, the sky always had clouds and birds LOL That's how I drew as a kid :) Thanks for stopping by, Annie!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful feast and blog.I will be back to visit again!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. There's nothing worse than seeing your baby hurt. Someone said that having children shows you what it's like to feel pain outside your body. Makes sense to me... Great feast, by the way!

jenny said...

I enjoyed your feast!! Thanks for stopping by mine.

I should re-gift something like you did! Great idea.

Shelby said...

awesome feast today!

Constance said...

Happy Friday to you, Annie, and I am sure that you will find those bleach tablets soon !

Kayla said...

Love the feast. Have a GREAT weekend!

Tori :) said...

Your blog is beautiful. The song playing gave me goosebumps!! I also have a daughter named Isabel- we call her Izzy. :)
Thank you for stopping by my blog.

Tori :) said...

I'm a SAHM also- of 5. I should have clarified that in my feast.:) Being a SAHM is the best job!!

Michelle Quinno said...

Great feast! LOL about the apples on trees. I always drew flowers!

Raggedy said...

Fabulous Feast!
The math equation cracked me up.
Your re gift was beautiful.
Thanks for feasting at mine.
Have a great weekend!

Jami said...

My trees always had apples, too! We had an apple tree in our backyard, but they were crab apples and never turned red. Our pear tree gave us great pears, but I still only drew apple trees.

SAHM's rule - hardest job I've ever had, lowest paycheck, greatest rewards!

Happy Friday!

Michelle said...

I liked your Feast! What a wonderful friend you are ~ helping your friend decorate her apartment and then leaving that picture. How sweet. Have a great weekend! :)

Just Nancy said...

I'm a SAHM, too, although I also write and have a home business. I love being home! I also loved your "apple trees!"

Thanks for stopping by today!

Anonymous said...

I loved the story about the picture frame. Of course, trees always need apples ;)

Crazy Working Mom said...

Great Feast! :)
I loved the apple tree story.

Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

That was a beautiful feast! What a great friend you are! :) I too loved to draw apple trees...I don't think I ever drew anyother kind. :) Have a wonderful weekend!

Jenny said...

You can't find SB fleece because it's all here!!! At our fabric store that is GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!! Want that I should pick you some up?!? Wouldn't that just be a GREAT excuse to meet!
ha,ha,ha!

Anonymous said...

There really is no job that could compare to being a stay at home mom, now is there?

Lady of Musotopia said...

Hello there Annie!
You have a lovely blog here as well. Thank you for sharing your feast :)
I look forward to future posts :)

Marie said...

your salad is hilarious!!! you made me smile!!! a math major, huh???? wow, very impressive!!!! so u did all those?? geom, trig, pre-cal, cal? OMG!!! great feast this week!!! i had a full tummy!

Baba said...

Hi Annie,...Thanks for stopping by my blog today.. My number came out to 84 like you, does this make me a math major??? Just kidding.....I will try your chicken dish...sounds good. Baba

Bethany said...

Great feast! Thanks for stopping by my blog again :) See ya next week!

alisonwonderland said...

great feast! i especially enjoyed your soup and salad!