Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Works for me Wednesday!



When I think about what really works for me... there are many things that I come to mind. I love a short cut and because this is such a busy time in my life, I rely on them!


I have to say though the best thing for time saving convenience is my crock pot! I even replaced my old one that was working fine but had lost one handle and it really bugged me :)


To put frozen, canned, fresh, whatever in this thing and turn it on late morning... and voila dinner is served is remarkable to me every time! I haven't had many failures in the crockpot. I made oatmeal overnight once that was truly inedible. Otherwise I am always pretty pleased with the contents after several hours of slow cooking.


Sandra hosts Slow Cooker Thursdays and there are so many new and delicious recipes to try. I have tried a couple of new ones this week and am amazed at how good they are.
Here's a recipe I like to make "taco chicken"...
Another good one "garlic chicken spaghetti"...
I also made this recipe in the crockpot this week "Golden Artichoke Bake" and reviewed it here.
Okay, now head over to Rocks In My Dryer for more Works for me Wednesday participants & to join in!!!

9 comments:

Nikki said...

Great recipes! I too am always amazed when whatever I put in my crockpot turns out good. Beautiful crockpot by the way. By the way, if you still have your crockpot that lost a handle, it may be one of the ones that was recalled. Mine never lost it's handle but was recalled. It was a Rival brand. They were very easy and fast about replacing it. They only replace the outer part, not the crock or lid.

Jen said...

Thanks for sharing the crockpot recipes. I am always on the lookout for some new ones. I would like to start using mine more, but for some reason haven't started.

Meliss said...

Your blog is lovely. I need to use my crockpot more often!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip. I really need to use mine more, so the links and recipes are helpful!

Robin Green said...

I am always amazed when I hear people say they don't use a crock-pot. I love mine and I am thinking that I need to go out and buy one like yours--lovely! Mine was great in its day but is pretty worn out looking!

KC said...

those recipes look yummy I just saved them to give them a try. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the links to the recipes and for touting crockpots. I have an old one that was given to me, but this Christmas a good friend gave me a new one--and it's exactly like yours! I about fainted when I unwrapped the box, but she heard me yap on and on about loving the crockpot and how I broke the crock in my old one but found a replacement at Goodwill, yadayada, and just got me a new one. Just like that.

So if you want to know one idea for oatmeal--I wrote about it one time in Works for Me Wednesday--I set a pan inside the crockpot and fill the main crock with water so that it's like a double-boiler. It worked fabulously in the old crock, and I had to experiment with the new one--turns out I had to add a tiny bit more water than the recipe called for, but that solved it. Also, I used the steel cut kind of oats, which take forEVER on the stove (which is why I like using the crock). I've not tried normal oats, but I imagine they might end up too gooey or rubbery. Just a thought.

My Trendy Tykes said...

I love crockpot recipes! Can you email me your email addy....lholland78@comcast.net

You won my giveaway today!!
Linda

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

You're right...crockpot cookin' is the way to go!