Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Slow Cooking Thursday ~ garlic chicken spaghetti

Garlic Chicken
Spaghetti
chicken breasts (I use frozen
boneless skinless)
several cloves of
garlic
salt
italian spices (tone's spicy
spaghetti seasoning)
ragu roasted garlic spaghetti
sauce
whole wheat pasta (I use
linguini)
olive oil
fresh parmesan cheese
I lay the chicken breasts in the bottom of my crockpot, add a few pinches of kosher salt, press several cloves of garlic, then add a spice called spice for spaghetti that I buy in a big container at Sams wholesale club (you could use basil and oregano and a little red pepper flakes too though), pour the sauce over the top... I use one jar for just us and two if we have guests. I let this cook on low all day and then prepare the whole wheat pasta, drain it and put a drizzle of olive oil and a clove of garlic pressed into it and stirred while hot, I serve the chicken over the garlic pasta with freshly grated parmesan cheese over the top. This is a really good and healthy recipe! I have been making it for several years and it is always a hit.
Head over to sandra's blog for more slow cooker recipes...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks yummy... Yhanks for sharing!

Robin Green said...

This recipe sounds good. I usually just buy a jar of minced garlic--you think that would still be good? I would have to use regular white pasta--I don't care for the wheat!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Annie,
When DH rides his bike I am always needing a good carb recipe. Thanks for stopping by. I love your comments. How is your dh?
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Robin Green said...

I may give the pasta a try--but I don't think the kids will be happy about it! :) I have read Even Now--and I think the sequel to it just came out--Ever After.

Overwhelmed! said...

Wow, this sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing. :)

Julie said...

I like the new look!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great. I'll have to try it. I love anything with lots of garlic.

Michelle said...

this sounds like a great combination! I'm going to have make spaghetti this way next time!

Unknown said...

Yummy!

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.