Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Slow Cooker Thursday~ To Die for Pot Roast & Pinto beans with ham


I feel like the poster girl for the crock pot... It seems like that is all I am talking about lately, but it is great, right? RIGHT!
I love that Sandra is hosting the slow cooker Thursday and have been really enjoying reading and trying new recipes when I thought I had tried them all.
Last week I posted a recipe I had not yet tried and one that I make a lot... so I thought I would do the same this time. This first recipe I found on a food website and all the reviews rave about how wonderful it is. I have not made it yet because I haven't found a good rump roast on sale yet, and I usually buy a couple when they look good & are a good price. Hopefully I will find one this weekend and can add this to my Menu next Monday!
To Die For Pot Roast

1 beef roast, any cut, to fit size of crock pot
1 Pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
1 pkg. brown gravy mix
1 pkg. Italian Dressing mix
1/2 C. water

Combine mixes well and sprinkle over roast in pot. Pour water into bottom of pot. Cook on low for 6-7 hours.

Now for a tried & true crock pot recipe... by the way... I mentioned in my yesterdays WFMW post I got a new crockpot! yeah.

Pinto Beans & Ham

2 lbs. beans rinsed and drained well
water to cover beans plus a few inches over...
small boneless ham cut into chunks
1 onion, quartered
2 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. sugar (my secret ingredient :))
salt & pepper to your taste

I put this in and let it cook on low all night (make sure there is enough water) and then add the ham in the morning and continue to let it cook on low until time to eat. YUM... great with cornbread & fried potatoes.

Head on over to Sandra's and post your favorite slow cooker recipe!

11 comments:

ann said...

The pot roast sounds really good! I will have to try it sometime when we have company because Jody doesn't like anything with Ranch dressing - mix or otherwise! Maybe when we have company, I can just slip it in and he won't know the difference?! I use my crockpot for beans, too. Love it!

By the grace of God ... said...

Both recipes look yummy ... wondering if a roast is in my freezer??? Mouth watering!! I usually cook mine with a package of mushroom gravy mix, butter and spices, but this looks great!

love the new look of your blog BTW! Did you go it yourself?

Mom2fur said...

The recipes look good--especially that pot roast! Thanks for visiting my blog. Yes, I have ferrets. I have 3 at the moment, although 2 are quite old. Tell your husband to get an adult ferret--it's the babies that bite too much. Or, you could put Bitter Apple on your toes--it tastes horrible and breaks that biting habit pretty fast!

Michelle said...

Love the new look of your blog!

The roast sounds really tasty; I'll have to try and make it that way next time!

Thanks for the pinto/ham recipe too - I'm enjoying getting all these new recipes to try!

Sandra said...

These both look so good....the roast sounds wonderful, I've made roast in the crockpot a couple of times so I can't wait to try this one :)

Anonymous said...

The beans and ham recipe looks good. I never know what to do with my dry beans.

Anonymous said...

Can anyone recommend the well-priced Remote Desktop program for a small IT service company like mine? Does anyone use Kaseya.com or GFI.com? How do they compare to these guys I found recently: N-able N-central desktop management
? What is your best take in cost vs performance among those three? I need a good advice please... Thanks in advance!

Anonymous said...

Easily I to but I dream the list inform should secure more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Interesting article as for me. I'd like to read something more about this matter. Thnx for posting this information.

Anonymous said...

It was certainly interesting for me to read that article. Thank you for it. I like such topics and everything connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Hilary Simpson

Anonymous said...

YakuYaku is looking for new freelance translators to join its young community. All language pairs are accepted forイprofessional translation services. Depending on the success of our site and your language pairs, the number of available assignments may vary
and you will receive instant mail alerts when a job is available for you.
But that's not all, All sorts of user generated tips are online as well as updating resources to give a helping hand to translators in their jobs.
Translation help and support is provided through our forum.