Monday, March 5, 2007

~Menu Plan Monday~

I think this is the 6th week I am doing the menu plan Monday, hosted by Organizing Junkie. The best thing about this meme and the slow cooker Thursday meme is the enormous amount of recipes I am accumulating. It is so exciting (I guess I need to get a life :o) . I am going to try a few new recipes this week and am listing them. I am hoping that I can reference where I found them, thank you to everyone in advance... I did make a couple of good things this weekend. I tried Sandra's breakfast crock pot casserole. It was great to wake up Saturday morning to breakfast ready! I also made a chocolate chip bundt cake from In the Kitchen. It really reminded me of those big chocolate chip muffins that are so good. This cake was gone in a day!
I like all the organization tips too, and have organized my car... laundry area (sorted a zillion socks)... junk drawer... freezer...
Here's my menu for the week...

Monday: Golden Artichoke Bake, corn on the cob, rolls

Tuesday: Sesame Chicken, rice, broccoli

Wednesday: Make ahead spinach manicotti, green beans with new potatoes, garlic toast

Thursday: Curry Chicken, corn, rice

Friday: Sloppy Joe's, tater tots...

Saturday: Chinese take out!!! (it's tradition :o)

Sunday: San Fransisco Pork served over cooked rice, green beans with new potatoes

I'm not sure at this point how much these recipes make or how much will be leftover. If there is a lot they may cover two meals. If so some of these menu items may be seen again next week!

Hope your week is full of great, healthy meals & overflowing with blessings~

Annie

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I haven't made Sloppy Joe's in ages! Hope y'all enjoy your week!

Heather said...

Ha! One of my nights last week was replaced with sloppy joes and tator tots. The kids loved it! Lots of good looking recipies this week! Have a blessed week!

gail@more than a song said...

Ooh, you've got some links to some great sounding recipes there, thanks for sharing them!

Joyful Days said...

Sounds like a great mix for the week. The spinich manacotti is going to have to be something we try.

In answer to the doo-doo bread question--it doesn't need to rise--just thaw and toss it in fry until golden. And I've got plain veg. oil, but canola would work fine I'm sure.

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

My kids love Sloppy Joes. We call them turkey pops because I make them with ground turkey. There never seems to be much leftover when I prepare these!

Mrs. Carrot

Anonymous said...

Oooh...it all looks SO good. Great Menu!!

Robin Green said...

Everything on your menu sounds sooooo good--can I come over on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday? Yum!

Christine said...

Your menu plans sound delicious. The make ahead spinach manicotti sounds awesome! Blessings!

jennyr said...

sesame chicken recipe looks easy but i gotta get some sesame 1st...curry is one of my hubby's fave! thanks for adding links!

alisonwonderland said...

you've got some delicious things planned for this week! let us know how you like the recipes. i'll be back to try some of those out myself.

have a great week! thanks for stopping by!

Lucy said...

Sloppy Joes!! Wow my mom used to make those when I was a kid all the time. You have such awesome meals going on this week.
Thanks for stopping by!
Lucy

KC said...

I have some weird kids, only the boys like sloppy Joes, I can get Princess to eat them without bread and with melted cheese on it but Sweet pea give me fits about them. I still cook them from time to time though because DH and I like them LOL

Cyndi said...

Well, I haven't made sloppy joes or tater tots in JUST forever. I may do that next week! My family will be ever-so-grateful that I stopped by! :) Great looking plan, have a blessed week!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Sounds like a wonderful week of meals at your house! I love how many new recipes you are trying, and that's great that you linked them all! Thanks :) Can't wait to hear what you think of them!

Have a wonderful week!

Marcia Francois said...

oh Annie, I love your pretty pink blog.

Your menu sounds delish. I'm also coming over this week!

You've been very busy cooking new things so well done!!!

have a great week.

Anonymous said...

YUMMY!!! I love your blog!! Thanks for stopping by...
Jenny

Arlene said...

It all sounds yummy!!!!!

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

These are some great dinner ideas!
I too like your pretty blog layout.

Anonymous said...

The artichoke bake looks yummy!

Laura said...

Annie!
Great menu you've got there.

Have a fantastic week :)

Laura

Annie said...

Yum! Everything looks tasty. We love to make sloppy joes up the canyon in the dutch oven - easy and super delicious!

I love the new look of your blog - beautiful!