Tuesday, March 6, 2007

It's Tuesday!





Well, today... March 6, 2007 is my parent's 48th Wedding Anniversary. They are still in love and have always been a great example to me of a loving, lasting marriage. While growing up, they always put God first and then each other second... us kids were third :) . It was done just the right way and I feel so blessed to have them as parents and examples.



I got them a really weird gift ... I went with the intention of a nice picture or meaningful something??? I looked a a picture that spoke of family and faith... Then a beautiful frame that had the words on it... family ... faith etc. But when I saw this Dirt Devil Kone I knew it was the perfect gift for them. I know, I said it was weird but you have to understand my parents especially my mother are clean freaks... she irons her sheets... need I say more? They did love this (or mom did anyway). I gave them the gift receipt and told them I promise it would not hurt my feeling to exchange or return it... but I think they will keep it and seem to like it. Now, I want one too! That thing is awesome.



Izzy had a good day at school today... I'm heading over to her blog next to give those details!
She continues to give us 'proof' that we have been underestimating her. I am so excited about her!



I made the chicken artichoke bake listed for Monday night last night. But I put it all in the crockpot earlier in the day because I knew I would be running around later on. I could not find green fire roasted salsa anywhere. I found it online, but shipping is $8 and I can't pay 14 total for a little jar of salsa, hello! I substituted regular salsa. I used frozen chicken breasts. I decided at the last minute to whip up some mashed potatoes because it had a lot of nice looking 'gravy.' I made rolls and followed a fellow blogger's instructions to fry them (used canola oil, she calls them doo-doo bread :o) I made up a few shaped like donuts and sprinkled with powdered sugar. I also had corn on the cob. This recipe was really really good. The flavor was delicious and was perfect with mashed potatoes. I think the only thing I will do differently is either put the artichoke hearts in later in the day because they were a little too soft for my taste, or omit them.



I have a ton of things to do in the next hour or so (until time to get Amanda from school, be home for Emelia's bus, take Emelia to tumbling, pick Bailey up from track, and then get supper on the table while starting Izzy's program! My goal is to get Izzy's armoire cleaned out and organized in the next hour :) It is overflowing with outgrown clothes!

Have a blessed Tuesday!
Annie

8 comments:

Barb said...

Uh oh. I iron my sheets, too. LOL The way I make my bed, the top part of my sheet shows so it looks terrible if I don't iron it. But other than that, I'm perfectly normal! Happy Anniversary to them!

Arlene said...

Wow, happy anniversary to your parents!!!

Robin Green said...

Wow, you are busy today--or does this happen every day? I thought I was busy with 3 kids--thankfully hubby is helping out today with some of the chauffering! Love the new picture of Izzy and Emelia--beautiful! And I don't think that's a wierd gift--my mother in law would love it--my father-in-law would hate it!! Have a great evening!

Leann said...

tell your mom and Dad congrats for me.and I think the gift was cool.I saw them on TV one night I wouldnt mind having one.they would come in handy.I just wanted to stop and say Hi.God bless.

Anonymous said...

    ,.、   ,r 、
   ,! ヽ ,:'  ゙;
.   !  ゙, |   }
    ゙;  i_i  ,/
    ,r'     `ヽ、
   ,i"        ゙;
   !. ・     ・  ,!
  (ゝ_   x  _,r''
   ヽ,:`''''''''''''''"ヽ.
    |      r';
    ゙';:r--;--:、‐'
    ゙---'゙'--゙'

Anonymous said...

I had to look up what a Dirt Devil Kone was...and now, I want one!!
Happy Anniversary to your parents!

StarKnits said...

wow your parents share the same annv as me and my DH. i'm stopping by and visiting for the blog party. your blog is wonderful. i'm #903

Irene said...

I am going to confess this here and now: Sometimes, when I look at my husband I think:God, please make us grow together and be like those elderly couples I see walking hand in hand. Does this happen to anyone else?
Happy Anniversary to your parents. In times like these we desperately need their example.