Tuesday, October 30, 2007

mpm etc.

Well, better late than never huh? Maybe not. I spent the entire day (well... most of the day) cleaning and organizing Emelia's bedroom! Oh my goodness! She has so much stuff! I started just throwing things away about hour five. She never really asks for toys, she's never really played with her toys much which is maybe why there are so many new looking things in her room. I am so glad to have that done. Amanda helped a little. (Remember she's working off her ticket ... found out it is $103.00) I intentionally finished before Emelia came home from school. It's just easier that way.

Tonight I fixed Matt and the girls steaks and I had a slice of leftover roast from yesterday on a slice of french bread with a little mayo... fresh veggies on the side with ranch. It was yummy. We had a few cookies left that Matt took care of and some chocolate chip ice cream. I shared mine with Izzy.

Tomorrow I plan to throw something in the crockpot. Probably chicken spaghetti. It's easy and good. The cooler weather makes slow cooking very appealing. We'll have broccoli and some garlic toast.

Wednesday is trunk or treat at church. I will fix us a grilled cheese sandwich and some tomato soup for a quick meal before we go. I need to run to the store and get some cheerful decorations for the back of my suburban. Any ideas?

Thursday will be November 1! I can't hardly believe it is almost November... then almost December! I have not bought ONE present yet! I'm not stressing though. Not much is planned for Thursday, Emelia has basketball practice. I may make a big pot of beans with ham some corn bread.

Friday I may take Matt on a date. We made a plan to alternate planning a date each month. In October Matt took me for Panera bread and a walk through the park... complete with Duck feeding! I am not sure where to take him. Again, any ideas?

Tomorrow is time travel Tuesday! Since it is so close to Halloween, lets travel back to our most memorable Halloween. Did you dress up and go door to door growing up? What was your favorite costume? I'll put Mr. Linky up later tonight so come and link up and share!

4 comments:

Nancy Face said...

Great job organizing Emelia's room! I need to tackle Zach's!

Your meal plans sound yummy!

Our Trunk or Treat was Saturday night...one lady covered her Suburban in orange polka dots (about the size of saucers)! They were either paper or vinyl...I didn't see it, but Lauren said it was so cute! Have fun Wednesday! :)

ohAmanda said...

I'm looking at the chicken spagetti now! YUM. I know, now that it's cooler I want soup or chili for every meal!

Date ideas: do you guys have a corn maze near you? My bff is taking her date there this week! That would be funny! ;)

gail@more than a song said...

I didn't get around to doing a MPM this week....that chicken spaghetti looks good! Good job on cleaning out the room.
Can't believe it's November and I haven't bought any presents either.....la, la, la, I can't hear y'all talking about it!

OKGardners said...

Annie, I don't know WHEN you can go on your date, but you could go to Bricktown and take him to eat and then a ride on the water taxi (if they are still running). I'm sure anything you come up with will be fun. The point is not the "WHERE" it is the "Time together." You two are still like newlyweds. That is a good thing!

BETTY