Tuesday, October 30, 2007

psalms 23

The Lord is my shepherd;
I have everything I need.
He lets me rest in green meadows;
He leads me beside peaceful streams.
He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
bringing honor to his name.
Even when I walk
through the dark valley of death,
I will not be afraid,
for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
protect and comfort me.
You prepare a feast for me
in the presence of my enemies.
You welcome me as a guest,
anointing my head with oil.
My cup overflows with blessings.
Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
all the days of my life,
and I will live in the house of the Lord
forever.
amen.

This Psalm is usually read at funerals or associated with death.  I find it to be very comforting to read.  The Lord is my shepherd.  It is amazing when I stop to think about all the ways God has blessed me.  It's actually humbling.  I also love this version, the new living version.  It seems to put things in a easier to read order.  

0 comments: