Sunday, September 9, 2007

week in review

This was another week full of blessings... Monday was Labor Day, we ate Mexican food at mom and dad's house. It was delicious! Matt and I did a little shopping during the day too. I did my time travel Tuesday post all about Monday! Tuesday all the kiddos were back in school, including Izzy... who has been a little stuffy this week. She made it to school all week and was a trooper. Wednesday I got to meet Rachel, a fellow blogger. It was so neat meeting her and her family. Thursday was the day that Emelia surprised us with a full agenda. I had just pulled in earlier from picking Amanda and Izzy up and told Amanda, "tonight will be great, no plans!" and at 5:15 pm Emelia told us she had a honor choir try out and two softball games! Honestly, I enjoyed the games. I joked about softball not being a real sport like basketball. Truth is I just don't take little kids sports as seriously as some. I believe they are for fun, learning to work as a team, being a good sport, exercise... a little bit of healthy competitiveness is fine, just as long as we don't get 'crazy!' Matt and I sat on the bleachers and enjoyed a beautiful late Summer night, the breeze was almost cool. Friday we raced to see bear, home for a quick lunch and then off to school. Another busy day for miss Isabelle! (and her chauffeur!). Saturday we stayed home - ALL DAY! That was first in a long time. I got to visit with CoachJ on the phone.

  • Izzy's healing.
  • Parker
  • Heather
  • Luke
  • Abbie
  • Kari
  • Collin
  • Susan's granddaughter Oksana, and Susan
  • Darla, one of my oldest bffs from way back who is a minister's wife and stranded in a place she is not happy.
  • Ann, dealing with sadness.
  • Michelle, Joe & Kayla as Joe is deployed next week.
  • Zenaida's friend Vic who is in ICU after terrible motorcycle accident.
  • K.C.'s hubby.
  • 6 week old baby Emma to have a good biopsy report
  • baby Jackson to grow strong and healthy!
  • Terri, Debi's friend, who is battling cancer for the second time around, prayers for another victory!
I'm so thankful that I KNOW that God answers prayers! Please leave any prayer requests you might have in my comments and I'll add you on. I want to pray for you and think prayer is very powerful and necessary.

Jesus who died for me
Church to worship & recharge
friends to chat with
health
family
cooler weather
YOU!!!


15 comments:

Irene said...

Hello Annie,
That was abusy but thankfully nice week. I went over to Izzy's and I am so glad she makes a progress.
I published a prayer request on Saturday for a little (6 weeks) Emma. If you could follow the link to The Preacher's Wife and read more, and please add her to your prayers. I am sure God is listening to all those loving mothering hearts.
On a brighter note, your new photo is great!Tres Chic, Madame!
Have a peaceful, fresh, and sweet week ahead.

Nancy Face said...

What a wonderful week, and a wonderful post! I hope you are very blessed in the coming week! :)

Haley said...

What a crazy, but pleasant week! I love the new pic with the sunglasses btw!

I would like to ask that you pray for Jackson to continue to grow strong and gain more weight (because the doctors say he's still a bit small).

TIA!

I of course will be praying for Izzy as always!

Haley

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a great week and a busy one.

Klin said...

Annie-
You are just the sweetest. I love to read your blog. Just wanted you to know.

I love days where I can stay home all day. They don't happen very often.

Have a good week.

Justabeachkat said...

A great post about a great week!

Hugs!
Kat

Mandalyn said...

Glad you all had a good week!

Are ya'll still enjoying your new church? I've been wondering about that!

I hope you had a blessed weekend!!

Susan said...

Nice recapt of your week Annie. I looked for the comment you mentioned but didn't see it. I'm sure anything you said was perfectly fine :o)
Susan

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful, if hectic, week! And hey, love your new icon, movie star Annie :)
Seriously, I really like it!
Going over to put my week's recap up.

Debi said...

Annie-
May this week be as blessed as your last...but maybe not quite so busy, huh?

I have a prayer request as well. My friend from childhood just found out her cancer has returned and spread. She amazed me with her unbelievable faith a few years back when she battled breast cancer. And now it has returned in her bones. The doctor says she has 3-5 years. But doctors don't know everything, right? Terri is such a beautiful person. She's a minister's kid and a minister's wife, and she does nothing but give to others.

Thanks, Annie!

gail@more than a song said...

I know you're enjoying your weeks and time with your family! I talked briefly to Jenny one day too, she's such a sweetie. I've enjoyed y'all's discussion at her place!

Dena said...

Another great busy week - You know how to pack it in sista!!!! wish there were photos!

Shawna said...

I love the week in review. I'll have to remember to join in next time. Sounds like a very busy week.

And prayer request: My friend Donna and her 12 year old son, David, dealing with leukemia

Anonymous said...

(why am I just seeing this?)

A good week! Glad you got a free Saturday. Isn't that the best feeling?

Anonymous said...

Great week y'all had! :o)