Tuesday, September 4, 2007

time travel tuesday ~ yesterday


I'm making time travel incredibly easy this week! We've traveled all over our lives and today we are going to travel to yesterday. If you live in the US, you probably celebrated Labor Day in some way... even if it was just staying home for the day. What did you do yesterday, who did you spend time with? What was the highlight of the day? Were there any disappointments?


Here's my yesterday (well, I'm typing this late Monday night so it is actually my today... but you know what I mean):

I got to sleep in until almost 9 AM! It was wonderful. Well, until I woke up and realized both Izzy and I had a lot of congestion in our heads. We didn't move very fast this morning. I fed her breakfast and ate a delicious bowl of bran flakes (blech)... while the other children slept in. Because they had gone to a lock in Friday night and stayed awake the entire night, I assumed they needed extra sleep. Matt was up before me and helped himself to breakfast.

Around noon Matt decided a trip to Mardels (Christian bookstore) would be a fun thing to do. He was right. We took Izzy & Emelia. Emelia took Izzy over to the kid's area and they looked at the dolls and watched veggie tales. I found some really neat things and also a new devotional book called "women of faith - a life of worship." I did the first lesson tonight. It was about God's glory. How God is glorified and gives glory. I found it to be really interesting and enjoyed all the scripture references. I am excited to do the next lesson. Matt was looking at the bibles and found one that was a 'read the bible in 90 days bible'... so he decided to divide the number of pages in his favorite bible by 90 and read that many pages per day to finish in 90 days. He offered the same challenge to the rest of us. Emelia is in her room reading her 10 pages now. Bailey already read his. I'm going to read mine as soon as I finish this post.

We stopped off at Chickfila on the way home. Matt spent the afternoon playing softball with Emelia, swimming and doing yard work. I stayed in and took care of Izzy.

Later in the evening me and the kids went to Mom & Dad's house to eat dinner. I thought we were doing a cookout, but mom decided to order carryout from Poblano Grill, a great Mexican restaurant around here. I had chicken fajitas. She also had NY style cheesecake. I guess it's a good thing my day began with bran flakes... since it ended with cheesecake...

The highlight of my day was the conversations Matt and I had. We enjoyed each other's company today and had open honest talk about where we are in our walk with God, etc. I enjoy talking to Matt so it was nice to have some down time to connect. I can't think of a disappointment today. It was a good day. I pray that we (me & Izzy) wake up feeling much better tomorrow and that her week in school is even better than the past three weeks she has had.

22 comments:

OKGardners said...

Oh, no ... I hope you are not getting what I have had all week. Mine started "simple" and went to "complicated" in just a matter of days. Tuesday I went to the Dr. and got a Z-pack of antibiotics and cough syrup. By Thursday I was running fever and worse than ever. After bloodwork, the Dr. changed my antibiotic to a more powerful one. He said the Z-pack had not even touched my ailment. I had bacterial AND viral infections (one each) - sinus infection and lungs filled with fluid. I pray that neither of you two get that. It is going around this area, but it is NOT fun. :(

Take care and get after the symptoms early. I tried to ignore mine, but it would NOT go away.

Love you guys! I'll pray for both of you and the entire family. Betty

A Captured Reflection said...

Thanks for sharing about your Labour Day. It sounded lovely, those times chatting to our hubbies just warm the heart don't they? We didn't have labour day here, so my day was not that exciting, basically working, working out, cleaning and making Ginger Macadamia Slice etc. May you and Izzy stay well :-)

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

Looks like you had a good Monday! I actually like bran flakes (of course I douse them with tons of equal and milk)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure sorry you and Izzy woke up with the congestion...but other than that, sounds like you had a wonderful day!
Don't you love being married to your best friend?...and sharing the faith journey with each other makes it even more wonderful!
Heading over to post mine right now.

Anonymous said...

I posted, and linked!

Sounds like a wonderful day. My mom and I used to go to The Family Bookstore all the time, but since I've moved, I don't even know where one is. :-(

Anonymous said...

I love Mardels ~ Where do you live. We live in the Dallas area. Are you my neighbor?
http://tonsofsons.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun day. I went to my first Chickfila this weekend!

Have a wonderful Tuesday!!

Jodi

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very nice day. I sure hope the two of y'all feel better!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great day!

Irene said...

Oh the simple things in life! A trip to a bookstore, a good book, a warm meal, and having someone to connect. We so much need to remind ourselves of our blessings!
May the rest of the week be as nice and more.

Michelle said...

How funny that I already posted about what we did yesterday when we got home, not knowing you were going to use that as the theme for today LOL

Sounds like you had a nice day finished off with a yummy dinner/dessert! Hope you and Izzy are feeling better today though!

Marcia Francois said...

That sounds like a perfect day - slow, lazy and connecting with those you love. Dion and I had a lovely weekend but yesterday I had the day from hell.

I can't post on it because I post under my real name and since I liberally hand out my business cards...well! But suffice to say I was messed around by a company who wants to interview me so I (yes, me - so imagine how stressed) was 20 minutes late and then the interviewer thought I was there for a secretarial job and not relationship manager. I was SOOOO ticked off. At least my infertility support group yesterday evening was great - wonderful connecting with my friend and the other ladies.

no, i didn't get a letter.

If you get this right, you are a GENIUS!!!! In fact you already are. You have the mind of Christ (because of course he knows HTML too)

Justabeachkat said...

Other than your congestion and your bran flake breakfast, your day sounds wonderful! Surrounded by family and love. Perfect.

As I posted on my blog, I drove back from my trip to Pensacola to meet blog friends IRL. I took a 2 hour nap to recover. LOL! Later George grilled us some yummy steaks, we split a baked potato and had sliced tomatoes with feta cheese and Greek dressing and a glass of red wine. Yum Yum!

Hope you and Izzy Bear are feeling better today.

Hugs!
Kat

Nancy Face said...

I'm sorry you and Izzy weren't feeling well. :( I hope you're both feeling much better today!

Your day sounded really nice, and you used your family time in such positive ways! :)

My Labor Day was good, but not really blog-worthy, haha! My favorite part was watching "The Ultimate Gift" last night with my family. We all enjoyed it so much, and of course it had me in tears. Thank you so much for recommending it! :D

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

It sounds like a great day! I hope you aren't getting sick :( I have a sore throat. I'm hoping it's just allergies. Have a blessed week ahead and take care of yourself :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a great day!

Shawna said...

It's nice just to have the day to relax. Sounds like a fun time at the bookstore and some nice time with your husband. I'm glad you found a really great devotional.

Susan said...

Sounds like you were able to turn it into a wonderful day, even tho you and Izzy weren't feeling the best. Good talk with hubby. Nothing beat that!!

Yes, Annie I KNOW you and I will meet some day :o) I've already been thinking about it!!!

Carrie said...

At least you started with bran flakes...I think I had two bowls of frosted flakes and ended the day with Coconut pie and Pretzel salad.

Jenny said...

geez...I got so far behind that TTT didn't even enter my head yesterday! so sorry....but there really was no earth shattering news here. I took my daughter *bra* shopping :) We had a good time!

gail@more than a song said...

I'm glad you got to sleep late and that you spent the day with family! Hope you're feeling better today.
Our day was quiet and low key, didn't get to see any of my kids.:(

Don worked a bit in the morning, played golf in the afternoon while I puttered around here. Friends came over to watch a movie after we put both our meals together!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Annie! I haven't done anything online this week except JUST my posts. I wish I had linked to you on Tuesday!

Sounds like your day was fun. That's another think OK has that we don't--Mardel's!