Saturday, May 19, 2007

Where do you eat out??? A tag!

I was tagged for this meme by Sandra over at Family Corner (she's my favorite slow cooker diva)...

These are the rules:
1. Link to the name of the person who tagged you.
2. Include the state and country you’re in.
3. List your top 5 favorite places to eat at your location (locally).
4. Tag 5 other people (preferably from other countries/states) and let them know they’ve been tagged.

We live in Choctaw, Oklahoma. It is very close to Oklahoma City and Edmond, Oklahoma... both of which have tons of restaurants...

  1. Old Germany~This is the best German restaurant I have been to, ever. It is in Choctaw, which is amazing enough considering there is basically a sonic, mazzios, braums and mcdonalds... but, it is authentic 4-star german food. My favorite meal is the pan fried breaded chicken schnitzel with mushroom gravy served with either german fried potatoes or german potato salad, depending on my mood. I try to eat lunch here because dinner is pretty expensive.
  2. Pelicans~This is a mainly seafood restaurant in Midwest City which is about 10 minutes from home. It is a place that Matt and I both like to go to. They have a wonderful salad bar and I love their onion soup. I usually order shrimp scampi, it is delicious. They have a fun outside deck, it's fun to eat outside when the weather cooperates.
  3. Poblano Grill~Also in MWC... this is a great mexican restaurant. I love meeting friends like Melody here for lunch. We usually order lunch chicken fajitas. They have wonderful homemade tortillas!
  4. China King Buffet~this is a relatively new Chinese place in Choctaw. We were surprised (pleasantly) when we ordered carryout for the first time, it was delicious. We always order garlic broccoli, general's chicken, sweet & sour chicken & egg rolls. It is really good and feeds us two or three meals.
  5. County Line~This is a bbq place in Oklahoma City, close to the Cowboy Hall of Fame. I love going to this very historical building and eating in one of the private little rooms. I usually order the lunch platter that has a little of everything with double potato salad because it is so great. They have huge cups for iced tea and bring warm mint wet towels to wash up when you are finished. That plus hot baked bread is enough to keep me coming back.

I'm going to try to follow the instructions and tag people from all over the place :o)...

Irene - because she lives in Greece and I love reading about Greece.
JennaG - because she lives in the south, and we all know they know food down there...
Julie - she's in Dallas, and they have some of my favorite restaurants (el fenix!)
Marcia - she's in South Africa, I'm sure she'll have an organized way to eat out...
Susanne - she's in Canada! I was looking for someone North, that's about as north as it goes.

10 comments:

Susanne said...

MMMM, now you've got me drooling. That old Germany resteraunt sounds wonderful.

I'll do this Monday.

Anonymous said...

Oh YUM!! My husband loves chicken schnitzel and our little German restaurant owners retired :(
County Line sounds so good too!

Robin Green said...

I'd love to play along!

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of most of these places, but I will be sure to check them out if I am in OK!

Michelle said...

I love German restaurants!

Jill said...

My husband is from Okl. City so next time we visit, I will ask to go to County Line. And, he didn't tell me about the Cowboy Hall of Fame. I love stuff like that. I think I am really a cowgirl stuck in the city...for now.

Irene said...

Hello Annie,
Thanks for the tag!!!
I have posted my favorites (and regular-ish ones), but I think I'll take you to that little tavern by the beach. I don't have any photos of it, funny, but I'll post them as soon as summer comes and with God's grace we go there on vacation!

Nicole said...

Chicken Shinitzel at Old Germany!! I vote for that…yummy..and county line and BBQ place!! Haha I’m so hungry now!

Ps thanks for doing the tag. I hope you enjoyed it.. If you know of anyone else doing it please feel free to send me a message and I’ll update them too on the updated list of tag doers

Anonymous said...

I think I heard someone mention Pelican before. Woohoo yeay~

I wanna County Line. I love BBQ... yummie yummie~

Anonymous said...

buy bactrim buy bactrim without a prescription overnight buy bactrim without prescription buy bactrim f buy bactrim online buy bactrim es online without prescription
[url=http://bactrim.eventbrite.com/]buy bactrim es online without prescription [/url]
glucophage help with pregnancy metformin glucophage for weight loss glucophage metformin when to take glucophage losing weight with glucophage glucophage xr glucophage combination
[url=http://takeglucophage.eventbrite.com/]glucophage for pcos [/url]
painful erection proscar proscar ejaculate libido proscar generic for proscar muscle atrophy proscar side effects proscar hair proscar side effects
[url=http://proscar.eventbrite.com/]proscar [/url]
treat impotence livitra cheap levitra levitra lawyers levitra website male impotence impotence aid
[url=http://virb.com/yalevi]buy levitra online [/url]
http://proscar.eventbrite.com/