Friday, May 18, 2007

Friday's Feast








Appetizer

List 3 emotions you experienced this week.

I'm not a very 'emotional' person... you can ask any of my 'friends' who actually have voiced concern that I don't show much emotion... but here are three I can think of:

Joy-I have felt very joyful at my walk with Christ and the revelations I have recieved.

Sadness-I read a post at another blog (I think Jill's) anyway, she was talking about weaning her baby from his bottle. I lost it. It was the day after the three year anniversary and I had a good day on 'the' day, but I was typing a comment about how when Izzy's accident happened she still took a nightly bottle and how she would knock on her wall from her crib and call out 'baba.' As soon as she had a bottle in hand she would dismiss me and be happy with her bottle. I had breastfed her until she was about 10 or 11 months but wanted to wean her because I waited too long with Emelia and it was hard. Anyway, I had several bottles made up in the fridge and I came home to get clothes and saw those bottles. I stood and poured out the milk, washed them, and put them away while crying. It all came back typing it and I was very sad, but only for a moment and then I snapped out of it.

thankfulness-I have been thankful this week for all the wonderful blessings that I have received and continue to receive. I am thankful to God and know that He is good, all the time.

Soup

Name a car you’d love to have.

I like my suburban fine. It's big, so maybe a suburban that gets good gas mileage...

Salad

Describe your typical morning routine.

Wake up... pray ... bathroom... teeth... make Matt's breakfast... get Izzy up... get Emelia up... say bye to Bailey & Amanda... fix Izzy & Emelia's breakfast... get a coke!...check email...feed Izzy... say bye to Matt... get Emelia ready for school... watch for Emelia's bus...get Izzy ready for school... get dressed... take Izzy to school. (I do a lot of things the night before to make our mornings go smooth. Like lay out clothes for Matt Emelia and Izzy, program coffee maker, make lunches if needed, etc.)

Main Course

Have you ever emailed someone famous? If so, who, and what did you say to them? Did they reply?

Not that I can remember.

Dessert

Do you listen to podcasts? If so, which ones?

I don't listen to 'podcasts,' but, I listen to different lessons available on the internet.

39 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just finished reading Izzy's story and browsing through her blog. I send you my prayers. With such a loving family, Izzy is still so blessed.
Re: your salad, mornings can quite get crazy in a big family. Congrats that you're so organized. I need some of that :D

Have a good weekend. Hugs to little Izzy.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my meme blog and for the feast you spread here :)

Susanna said...

Thank you for stopping by :) Your mornings sound much busier than mine!

Susan said...

I'm new to your site from Momma Roar. Enjoyed getting a little glimpse of you.
Susan

Lady of Musotopia said...

I also spend a lot of time preparing for the upcoming day the night before, for the same reason! :)
Thank you for sharing your feast :)

Kara said...

Wonderful feast, thanks for visiting mine!

Mz Jackson said...

Great feast and thanks for dropping by to have "coffee!"

Karen & Rick said...

Emotions can sneak right up on you, can't they? Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Thanks for visiting.

Karen

Jane said...

Great feast Annie. Your mornings sound hectic. I remember those busy mornings when my children were young. I am enjoying a little more 'laid back' time now!
Have a blessed weekend.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Great feast Annie! I always love your pictures on these and your menu, makes these memes so much more enjoyable :)

I wish they would come out with an SUV that got great gas mileage. I'd get one in a heartbeat :)

Have a great day and a great weekend!

Shelby said...

super Feast!!

Anonymous said...

wonderful feast :) Loved your answers.

Anonymous said...

Thanx for stopping by :)
Great feast!

Anonymous said...

Awww, what a tug at the heartstrings. I can only imagine the emotions you felt over the bottle issue. To many, those things are simple. But to those who have dealt with traumatic experiences with our children ... it's the simple things that *get us*.

Great feast!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful feast! Have a great weekend!

Jenny said...

Girl, your morning routine is sooo much more than mine. It's all I can do to get my teeth brushed before drinking coffee and staggering outside to say good morning to God! Forget breakfast for anybody....

Anonymous said...

Izzy is very blessed to have such a wonderful family! I'm so glad she is well now and is improving all the time. And she is beautiful! (I just read her story and live in Phoenix, where we hear so many of those stories on the news!) I'm sure I'll be sharing her story with people here too.

Thanks for your comment on my FF this morning and hope you have a wonderful day.

Mandalyn said...

Annie~ I'm so sorry that you experienced sadness this week. My heart and prayers go out to you.

Your morning routine sounds as complex as mine. I do a lot at night to make the mornings easier.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

SASSY MOM said...

Hear ya on your salad! We do need to plan ahead so thing will be smooth sailing...

Great feast!

Clockworkchris said...

I really enjoyed reading about your three emotions. I am likely less emotional than you-its a mental condition. I don't ever feel bad. Some say I'm lucky, but I think without being sad occasionally, happiness is overrated. Thanks for stopping in on my blog.

gail@more than a song said...

Such a testimony to us all that you can have such joy and thankfulness in your days...I love that.
I love my suburban too but I'm with ya on wanting one with good gas mileage! It's sticker shock for me to put 42 gallons in it right now.
I've listened to some podcasts and enjoy them from time to time if I'm walking by myself.

Alice said...

I'm with you on the dessert. :) Great feast! Blessed weekend!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

A fine Feast, with delightful answers.

Renee said...

Annie- Thanks for stopping by my blog today and for sharing yours.

Callie Ann said...

found your blog thru Claire's I am enjoy the music on here very nice. Thanks

Tori :) said...

Great feast and once again, the song playing made me tear up. Beautiful.

Crazy Working Mom said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Your appetizer was so great! :)

Have a wonderful weekend.

Jenileigh said...

Hi Annie!
I had a great time reading about your Friday's Feast. I participated but I haven't figured out how to add the little pictures so mine isn't as exciting as yours. :) I tried using the image thingy but it didn't work for me. *sigh* I'll get the hang of it one day! But I did figure out how to add links to my roll blog! Yay! So I added you and several others I enjoy reading. Many Blessings to you and yours!
In Christ,
Jenileigh

Haley said...

Your feast was awesome! I didn't do one this week because I was catching up on other things since I was gone all week, but I did post a link to my pics if you are interested!

Have a great weekend!

Haley

Haley said...

I posted the recipe for Drunken Chicken, you should come on over and check it out! :-)

Haley

Joseph C. Harris said...

Great feast. thanks for stopping by mine.

Anonymous said...

Great feast! After reading everyone's feast I realized that NEED to get me an IPOD! Have a wonderful weekend!

Kim said...

Thank you Annie for sharing your heart. My thoughts are with you and I wanted you to know that I really enjoy reading your blog. I hope your weekend is great! :)

Constance said...

Happy Friday evening Annie ! How are you doing ?
Nice feast, and even prettier music !
I'd not heard that song before, and it is so sweet. *smiles*

Kim said...

What a great feast today. Thanks for visiting!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how one little thing can bring up a memory and make it so real, if only for a moment? Thanks for sharing this story with us.

Take care!

Linda said...

I apologize for being late to visit your feast. I had a very busy day yesterday.

I remember my mornings being hectic like yours. Enjoyed your feast and thanks for stopping by.

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Hi Annie

Thanks for visiting my Friday's Feast. I loved reading yours too.Especially the emotions

Jodi said...

Great feast! I finally have some time to make rounds to visit FF. Hope you have a great week!!