Wednesday, April 18, 2007

♥ A Marriage Meme ♥

Mandalyn tagged me for this meme, it was a fun one!

1. Where/How did you meet?
We met at church camp, but camp wasn't in session... it was a fourth of july picnic. I went with my mom because she was helping there and Matt came with my cousin from out of town. I had gone out with a guy the night before and didn't want to be there. After a little bit of time with Matt I was glad I had gone.

2. How long have you known each other?
Forever! (well it seems like anyway)

3. How long after you met did you start dating?
We went out the night we met. Matt said, "You want to go out Saturday night?" and I said, "no, I have plans."... so he said, "How about Friday?" and I said, "I have plans." so he finally said, "How about tonight?" and because it was Thursday and who goes out on Thursday I said, "SURE." He then wasn't thrilled that I kept my plans the next two nights!

4. How long did you date before you were engaged?
About two years.

5. How long was your engagement?
Almost five years!

6. How long have you been married?
We will celebrate 18 years of marriage June 17, 2007

7. What is your anniversary?
See #6

8. How many people came to your wedding reception?
Around 150

9. What kind of cake did you serve?
I can't remember, it was big and white! There was a chocolate groom's cake too!

10. Where was your wedding?
Choctaw Church of Christ, Choctaw, OK

11. What did you serve for your meal?
We just had different types of party food

12. How many people were in your wedding party?
4 bridesmaids/groomsman, 4 candlelighters, 2 flowergirls

13. Are you still friends with them all?
Let's see... Darla was my maid of honor. She married a man who became a Baptist preacher and moved away, we still talk occasionally and I enjoy catching up with her. Jane Ann was a bridesmaid, she is Matt's sister and I just saw her last weekend in Dallas! Rachael was a bridesmaid, I saw her at Marshalls right after Christmas... we used to meet on her birthday to eat German food together but haven't in a couple of years. Okay... I'll move on because I will have to look at the picture to remember everyone else!

14.Did your spouse cry during the ceremony?
No, we laughed and chatted during the song where we were supposed to gaze into each other's eyes.
My brother's wife was adopted and her siblings came to her wedding to meet her. They took them in to meet her right before she walked down the aisle... she literally bawled all the way down the aisle!

15. Most special moment of your wedding day?
Standing at the open doors to walk down the aisle with my daddy. He looked into my eyes and said, "You sure? It's not to late to change your mind." Gotta love that!

16.Any funny moments?
Probably just the one I mentioned about Matt and I acting up during a serious song...

17. Any big disasters?
The person in charge of the video camera forgot to bring a spare battery. So we have up to the time I walked down the aisle and then blank!

18. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
We didn't really get a real honeymoon (yet)... We had just bought a fixer upper home and used all our $$ to put in new cabinets so we just spent the night in a nice hotel's honeymoon suite and then went home to play house for a couple of weeks.

19. How long were you gone?
see #18

20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change?
I would have a small intimate wedding and skip all the fuss.

21. What side of the bed do you sleep on?
Right side


22. What size is your bed?
King size.

23. Greatest strength as a couple?
Facing adversity together. When I am weak he is strong... when he is weak, I am strong. It's a balance.

24. Greatest challenge as a couple?
see #23 Our strength can also be a weakness at times.

25. Who literally pays the bills?
Me.

26. What is your song?
I asked Matt this question and this was his word for word reply, "Take on Me, or Fly me to the Moon... take your pick. Don't ask me I wasn't tagged." This gives you insight into what I have lived with for the last 18 years!!!! (just kidding ... kinda)

27. What did you dance your first dance to?
We don't really dance.

28. Describe your wedding dress.
It was Ivory, the top was lace over a sweetheart neckline and it was full.

29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding?
Ivory long stemmed roses.

30. Are your wedding bands engraved?
Mine is. It was his great grandmother's wedding band. She died in the 1919 flu epidemic. Their initials were in the band so we added ours and a setting.

31. How old were you when you got married?
A month shy of 20, too young!

Okay, I'm gonna tag Haley, Melody, Julie and Jenna I'm looking forward to learning more about you!! Anyone else who wants to do it, tell me so I can come read your answers!

post signature

7 comments:

Amberly said...

Fun! I was 20 and my hubby was 19 when we tied the knot, but I would do it all over again in a heartbeat! We did the small, intimate thing and I have never regretted it. I never cared about the fairytale wedding, just wanted a good hubby! :)

Haley said...

Annie,

I seriously enjoyed your marriage info! How sweet that you and your husband have been happy this long! :-)

Hope you enjoy my answers, they are up now.

~Haley

Anonymous said...

"It's not to late to change your mind." That's a classic. Love it.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

Robin Green said...

That was great--you two have known each other forever! I laughed because my conversation with my dad before walking down the aisle was the opposite. You will see when I post mine--which I am getting ready to do.

Anonymous said...

How sweet! :o)

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this! By the way, my marriage to my "wrong husband" was on June 17....ewww. Obviously the date has worked out better for you!

In Pursuit of His Call said...

Awwww! It sounds like you married your high school sweet-heart! That's so encouraging to know that marriages do last that long!!! They always say that opposites attract and it's neat to hear how you are each other's strengths where each are weak. That is so sweet! Praise God for His faithfulness and for guarding your marriage for 18 years!!!