Saturday, April 21, 2007

Weekend Reflection~


Family~

Tuesday was our appointment for castings that didn't quite goes as planned, but thankfully God took care of it and we even had lunch free... you can read about that here!

Wednesday we saw Bear again. He did really neat things with Izzy and we are excited to have him working with her.

Thursday Izzy had a good day at school!

Bailey brought home all A's & B's. He's been working hard to keep his grades up. Amanda has always gotten straight A's and been in honor classes, she works hard! She has piles of notecards all over her room, and she studies late into the night for tests. Bailey on the other hand, never brings homework home and never really studies. We try very hard to stress the importance of good grades to him so he has been trying to keep his mind on his business. (He is so smart!)

Emelia has been my therapy helper all week, during assisted crawling in the evenings. Mom fell on the ice a few months ago and it hurts her knee to get on the floor so thankfully emelia is usually around!

Friday my friend Melody came over during her lunch hour so I could highlight her hair. She comes over about every other month and I do the foil highlights for her. (I am not a professional and basically do it for family and close friends). She wanted a lot of hair cut off this time and it looked really cute. I meant to take a before and after pic to post but didn't .... I'll ask her for a pic. Mendy who is another lifetime friend was in town for a funeral and wanted to come visit so she came while Melody was here and decided to have highlights and a trim too. We played beauty shop for a few hours. Everyone looked beautiful ('cept me :o)...

Kitchen~

The chicken squares are evolving into a masterpiece :o).... I added sun dried tomatoes this time and boy were they yummy. You might even see them again on this weeks menu, who knows what I'll find to add next ...

The fajitas in the crockpot turned out good. They were to liquidy. You just never know with individual crock pots how it will turn out. Next time I will know to put just a little liquid. They were still good, Matt loved them, and I will make them again.

I still haven't made that Italian Wedding Soup! Everytime I say that is for dinner, Matt says, "Let's have something else." I finally asked him what his problem was with this and I guess the name made him think it was a little thin soup... so now it is called hearty italian stew and it is cooking right now in my crock pot.

Bloggville~

I was so amazed at the response to Heather's Love Offering! I think the last time I looked the total was well over $15,000.00! That is so awesome and I am really proud to be a fellow blogger!

Sweet Linda over at Ribbon Rock Star gave me the thinking blogger award! Thank you Linda! I didn't pass it on the last couple of times, but I think this time I want to send it to Sheryl who not only has a really cute blog, but is also very thoughtful; Irene-the green greek is always making me think and I love to hear all about Greece!; Karen, Irritable mother is a new blog friend and she has great posts! I'm loving reading her!; Haley, who makes me think about what it was like to be young and starting my family; and Jenny from Gus' Gang who makes me think about all the children that need prayer and is so sweet to post updates on Izzy regularly. So, girls, now you can nominate five thinkers yourselves, and display the thinking blogger award in your sidebar.

There are a lot of fun parties still going on around blogworld... like Amy's and Haley's!

This has been a good week, there is so much to be thankful for! You can write your weekend reflection & go over to Judi~Mommy of Two to see more!


post signature

18 comments:

Mandalyn said...

I'm so glad your family had a good week! I'm thankful that Izzy had a good week at school/therapy and that your kids did well with their grades. It sounds like you have wonderful chidren!!

By the way, I made the chicken squares! I made them Tuesday for my husband's family while I was at my mother-in-law's house! Everyone liked them so much that they came over tonight and we are making them again!!:)

OK, I'm embarrassed. I tried making a signature...and I need help. I was just wanting something cute & girly that would match my blog. I'm not picky. Thank you for offering to help someone that is creatively challenged!:)

Mandalyn said...

To answer your question...this year was easy. My mom told me what she wanted. I mentioned that they are moving. They are moving to a little, Southern town with a lot of heritage. My mother collects cookbooks and wanted me to buy local cookbooks that gave history of the town as well. I went to a gift shop in town and bought her two. She likes for me to write in them when and for what occasion I got them for her.

Karen Hossink said...

Thanks, Annie.

I'm so glad to have found an new friend in the blogosphere, and I'm pleased you're coming to my place to read. This is the very first award I've received...Yippee! :)

Anonymous said...

I am really impressed that you can do highlights! I pay good money for that! Do you make highlighting road trips? :)

Anonymous said...

Glad y'all had a nice week! Gracious, you're a handy lil' thing to have around! LOL! You do hair?! I only get my hair cut once a year, LOL, and I am planning on going in within the next few weeks. I'm scared, LOL. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

KC said...

sounds like a wonderful week. foil highlights.. OH I would love those.. I did it last year but I can't afford to keep up with them.. but I loved them.. you need to make a road trip and do my hair ;)

Mandalyn said...

Just Mandalyn would be fine. Thank you again!

Susanne said...

So good to hear about Izzy's good day Thursday. Wow, foil highlights. I just did my daughter's hair but it sure wasn't foil. Turned out not too bad though although the coloris quite what I thought it would be. But still nice. I'd never touch it with a pair of scissors though! 8v0

Have a great weekend!

Sandra said...

You had a wonderful week Annie, I still think about your free lunch and just how amazing that experience was....truly sent from God :)

Have a great weekend,
Sandra

Anonymous said...

LOVE the picture of the kiddos. They are a very attractive crew! Sounds like many a blessing for you this week. Give those cuties a squeeze from me! I hope you all have a fabulous week this week.

P.S. You should try the salmon and green beens I had on my menu this past week. YUM.

Michelle said...

what a beautiful picture of your family! and a great recap to the week! Isn't it funny how changing the name of a dish can make it sound more appetizing?!

Anonymous said...

I just noticed the picture! It wasn't up yesterday, was it?! Anyway, that is such a precious picture! You ought to frame that one! :o)

Kim said...

I absolute LOVE the picture of you and the kids. What a beautiful family you have. It sounds like you had a good week. I love Italian wedding soup. I need to find a recipe.

by the way, my answers are up on today's post (at the end of it). They were great questions. I had to really think on a couple of them.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous picture!!
And thanks for thinking of me!

Irene said...

Annie, Thank you and thank you again.Love and blessings to your beautiful family.

Joyful Days said...

You have such a beautiful family!

Blessings,

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

I will have to remember to call the "crockpot italian wedding soup" something else, or my husband may react the same way! I saw it on your menu last week, and have put it on mine this week, hope it was a winner for you guys!

Have a great day :)

Robin Green said...

Ok, I'd like to make an appt. for Friday--I need more blonde, please!
Do you do everything? Amazing! And Chicken squares again--they must really be great!