Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Answered prayers~free food~& a devo!

Whew, it's only a little after two and it has already been a full day. Let me start first by thanking you all for your prayers on Izzy's and my behalf this morning (and always). I wasn't feeling great about casting Izzy's feet for a couple of reasons... how would we do therapy, bathing, the new therapist? etc. Anyway, Matt and I had prayed fervently about this and felt like we should move forward with the appointment. When it was time to leave this morning I was delayed for a few minutes because after putting Iz in the car realized she needed a "change" "again" before we could hit the road. So I carried her back in as quickly as possible, and headed back on the road. We were 12 minutes late. The first thing I was told after almost an hour drive was, "We have a 10 minute policy, we can't see her today." Well, first fire came into me and I was praying instantly for calmness, but I really didn't understand why it had to be so cut and dry. I mean we didn't intentionally show up 12 minutes late and the last appointment there we sat for 70 minutes for our turn for the botox. Anyway, she said there was a chance we could come back in two hours (another door opened?) so I said, "sure, check." She did and said that we could not be seen today. I left feeling like either screaming about the unfairness of it all, or crying about it... then I called Matt and he said, "You know, I just didn't feel right about the casts to begin with. I feel like this is our answer. We will just use her foot splints like the casts, put them on all the time except eating and therapy (and bathing)... and it is our prayer answered. The feeling of peace took over and I knew he was right.

Okay, so I went to pick him up from his office to grab some carryout at chick-filet, since we were already out. I pulled up to pay at chick-filet and the cashier said, "The people in front of you have paid your ticket, they said for you to be blessed." I am tearing up as I type this out right now as I did when she said it. It was a God moment for me and It felt so good. It so wasn't about the money. I then couldn't help but pay the person behind my car's bill and tell them to be blessed as well. It was more fun giving than receiving! Gives me goosebumps!

Last night I read in 2 Kings 4:26 about a woman with great faith, "Run now, I pray thee, to meet her, and say unto her, Is it well with thee? is it well with thy husband? is it well with they child? And she answered, It is well."
This was a woman of great faith. Her only son had just died and when Elisha asked how it was with her, her husband, and her son, she said, "It is well." How awesome is that?
This woman had shut the door on her problem and was believing God for a miracle. She hadn't let the grief of the situation swallow her, because she hadn't accepted it as being final. Because of her faith, all was well. Some people may look at confessions of faith like this as lies. They see it as denying reality. That's not it at all. People of faith don't deny what exists; they just aren't limited only to physical truth. They realize the potential available through God and speak their faith. They supersede natural truth with greater spiritual truths.
If you ask how I am, I am well. If you ask about Izzy, she is well too!


post signature

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Annie! Isn't it amazing how God works?! He truly hears our prayers! We just have to be willing to give it all up to him. I am so thankful that your appointment was *denied*! After reading about Izzy's ordeal with the casts the first time, I was feeling uneasy about this appointment, myself. Everything happens for a reason. Matt has the right answer! I'm so glad you have that peace now!

As for the pay it forward! That is just awesome! What a day to be so blessed! Another gentle reminder that you're not alone!

Borbe Bunch said...

Thanks for stopping by....God bless you!
Liz
p.s. I will make your blog a favorite and come by to see what God is doing! :)

Robin Green said...

Annie, you have blessed me today with this post! I am so glad you have peace about what you guys are to do and I teared up reading about the lunch thing. God knew that would be a special blessing to you today!

Jenny said...

Oh, Annie! I prayed for y'all this morning at 10:34 (funny, how your memory works!) and for a safe trip to the dr. office and for peace for you and Izzy. I'm so glad it came, whether or not it came for the reason I was assuming or not!
And I just love that story in the Bible. That woman's faith is amazing. We'll keep believing all is well! And the physical manifestation of healing is on it's way!

Michelle said...

Oh I had goosebumps reading your post! I didn't get a chance to comment on your previous post, but I was keeping you all in my prayers about the casting. I was mad for you when they refused to see you for being 12 min late (but how come they can never see us "on time!"). How frustrating that was - especially to drive so far. But it sounds like it was the best thing in the end as you now have a solution for the casting!

How awsome was that for the car ahead to pay your bill! Oh my goodness! you know, I've read things like that in inspirational places...like letting someone cut ahead of you in line, or paying the toll for the person behind you, but I've never heard of it happening to anyone I "knew." How blessed you were! And kudos to you for turning around and paying for the car behind you! I wonder what they did.

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Truly amazing!! Talk about answered prayers. I'm still mad that they wouldn't see you for being 12 minutes late. Especially when you had to wait 70 minutes for the botox. Makes you want to charge them for your time for the 70 minutes. Why is your time not as important as theirs? But I'm so happy it all worked out for the best.
And God Bless the car in front of you at Chick-Fil-A :)

Anonymous said...

WOW! That was amazing! I am so glad for the wonderful blessing you received today! As for the doctor's office, I am glad you are at peace with it all (I do think you should've asked about a 10 minute waiting limit for the patients - your time is as valuable as theirs).

Anonymous said...

God is so good! Thanks for sharing.

Now, I need a tissue...you made me cry.

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

Love that! God is so good!

ann said...

I love that you were blessed with your "God Moment" after such an unfortunate experience at the Dr's office! It's so great to know that God is in control and sends us comfort when we most need it! I'm glad that you and Izzy are both well! What a blessing!

Anonymous said...

Oh Annie! How wonderful, How exciting to watch what the Lord will do. Praise the Lord!

Heavenly Father, We thank you for the gift of lunch today.. and thank you for direction for Izzy. Father we pray now that as the braces are used that this will not be uncomfortable, and that healing will continue in Izzy's feet and legs. Please continue to give Annie strength and encouragement each moment of the day.
In Jesus Name! Amen

DJ

Joyful Days said...

I am glad that things went the way they did to leave a peace in your heart. I am sure I would not have been so graceful.

Thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

God is sooo awesome!! I was so anxious to read how the day went and am delighted to hear how God answered the prayers...and then some :)
God is good!

Overwhelmed! said...

Annie, it's amazing how God shows us the right path sometimes, isn't it?

I love your "pay it forward" experience!

Your family remains in my prayers.

Haley said...

Wow!! I got teary-eyed reading about your pay it forward experience at the chik-fil-a! It is so awesome how God lets us know he's with us!

What a great day for your family. I'm glad that you were able to find peace in your decision about Izzy's treatment, because that is exactly what I prayed for.

God is good!

~Haley

Karen Hossink said...

Annie,
The smile on my face is HUGE right now. God is SOOOO good and I love this testimony you've given of His faithfulness.
Even as I type this, The Voice Of Truth is playing, and I am so glad you heard that Voice yesterday!!!
Love,
Karen

P.S. I think I found it...Is it 2 Chronicles 7:14? The four things ~ be humble, pray, seek His face, turn from wickedness.

Leni said...

That is wonderful! Just amazing that God shows us that He is intimately involved in our lives!

Wanted you to know, I'm passing your blog addy along. I just read of a family who has experienced a near-drowning with their 2 1/2 year old. I thought they might find some wisdom and comfort from you. Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Sniff....Sniff....oh, let me wipe my face. I got so torn up over this post. It is so awesome that God has ministered to you on both counts. I have been praying for you and Izzy. I think it is completely awesome what happened.

My Trendy Tykes said...

I wish I could reach over this blog and give you a great big hug, Annie!

You are such a wonderful mother!

Linda

Sandra said...

Annie I'm in tears reading this post, wow is all I can say.

What a wonderful Pay it Forward moment, I've had one before and it was the most amazing feeling in the world.

Huge hugs to you my dear friend,
Sandra

Tricia said...

Wow ! God is amazing and so good!

gail@more than a song said...

Came over from Vader's mom where she linked this post....glad y'all feel a peace about your decision.
And wow on the lunch and paying it forward! Gave me goosebumps.