Wednesday, March 21, 2007

WFMW~spicy spaghetti seasoning


What works for me:


Spicy spaghetti seasoning &
my garlic press!


There was some discussion recently about a recipe I posted for chicken spaghetti in the crockpot.

What I failed to mention is the spice that I have been buying for as many years as I can remember, I know it's been with me all my married life :)

I use this spice in spaghetti sauces, goulashes, any recipe that I would use basil and oregano. It really gives a kick of flavor.

I buy it at Sam's wholesale club, it's about $5 for a pretty big container and lasts me about 6 months.

Another use is to slice up a loaf or baguette bread, melt some butter, press in some garlic cloves and then stir in a little of this spice... pour over the bread down the slices, top with grated parm and wrap in foil... bake until hot. Very good! If you like things a bit spicier, add a packet of those red peppers from the pizza place (we always have those in the drawer).



The other thing that is necessary in my kitchen is my garlic press. I always keep a couple of garlic heads on hand so I can press fresh garlic into everything, yummo!





Head over to Rocks in My Dryer for more great ideas!



post signature

18 comments:

Robin Green said...

Sounds like a wonderful spice--I don't suppose it's monosodium glutamate (MSG) free, is it?

Anonymous said...

Yes, every kitchen should have a garlic press. It took me awhile to get the strength in my hand up when I first got it. Now I'm a pro, LOL.

Overwhelmed! said...

Okay, I'm going to go look for that spice. And I need to find my garlic press as well. It's gone missing!

Thanks for the tips. :)

Anonymous said...

That spice sounds fantastic, hopefully I can find some. The garlic bread does as well, yum! Thanks for sharing, have a great week! =)

Joyful Days said...

I've used that seasoning FOREVER and you are so right. Very versatile. Going to have to get a garlic press though. Have done without for a long time.

~Blessings.
Julie

Anonymous said...

I am going to pick up the seasoning next time I am in Sams. Thanks for the tip!

SimplyAmusingDesigns.com said...

I'll pick some of that stuff up! And like you, I can't live without my garlic press..I put garlic in almost everything! lol

Ms. Kathleen said...

My garlic press broke a couple years ago and I have never replaced it. Silly of me really. I love Sam's for their spices...all are so good and many are what the best restaurants use!

Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

That seasoning sounds like something we would use a lot here at our house. I'll have to look for some soon; hope they have it at Costco, too!

Jill said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.. and thanks for the tip! Sounds yummy!

Aisling said...

I cheat and use crushed garlic in a jar. Think my son wold like it if I started using that mix though, he likes his food spicy.

Robin Green said...

You've been tagged. Your welcome!

Darcy said...

I will have to look for that spice the next time I am at the grocery store. I do not have a Sam's club nearby. Hopefully my grocery store will have it...maybe just in a smaller container.

I have that same garlic press and love it. It keeps my hands from smelling like garlic!

Michelle said...

I haven't heard of spaghetti seasoning before! I wonder since it's at Sams Club if walmart carries it...I'll have to look for it!

Darlene Schacht said...

I foud a spice like this--though not exactly the same--at Costcos. I'm from Canada, so I'm not sure if we have that one, but I'm going to check. I love the one I've been using, but it's almost all gone :(

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Ooh, thanks for adding the picture Annie! I'm going to look for this on my next trip to Sam's. Thanks for the ideas on what all you use it for and in! :)

Have a wonderful day :)

Jen said...

I LOVE my garlic press! It is so much easier than mincing the cloves by hand.

I will definitely have to check out that spice--is it really hot?

I liked your potty training idea for Disney. That would be a really great incentive.

Jen said...

Oops, sory. I realized I replied to part of someone else's comment on your blog and I used my other blog name. I'm really having a difficult time of it tonight.

Hope you get to go to Disney through the Make a Wish. You will all love it!