Tuesday, January 1, 2008

time travel tuesday ~ special holiday moment edition


We're traveling back to the most special moment over Christmas... was there a time that you had to bite your lip not to tear up? Did someone do something so kind it was moving, or maybe just finding that special thing your kiddo wanted really bad... maybe a church service you attended?




As odd as it may sound, I didn't have an idea in mind when I wrote this topic... it was just off the top of my head. I guess I have Christmas on the brain and NO! I have not taken down my Christmas decorations! I always give myself a deadline of New Year's Day and I may not make it :o)! I'm just enjoying the pretty lights and tree.

It was a good Christmas, lots of happiness! I'm so excited to be beginning a new year! I know 2008 is gonna be GREAT!

I think the most touching/special moment was the candlelighting service at church Christmas Eve. Growing up we didn't ever go to church on Christmas Eve so this was different for our family. I loved when they turned off the lights and we one by one lit our candles. It was such a beautiful visual of letting your light shine. I also thought it was perfect to celebrate Christmas at church, it just felt right. From that candle lighting activity I set one goal for 2008, to let my light shine! You know the song, "don't let satan blow it out I'm gonna let it shine!" Well, I'm not gonna let satan blow out my candle, nosirey! I'm gonna let it shine :o)!

Happy New Year!
2008 is gonna be GREAT!!!

post signature

14 comments:

Constance said...

I love your new blog-look, Annie !!!! VERY PRETTY :)

Candlelight services are always touching...

Happy New Year to you and your loved ones, and may Izzy have a healthy year and do well --

((hugs and *light*))

Loving Annie

Anonymous said...

happy new yeat

Nancy Face said...

I love your cute new siggy! :o)

This was a wonderful post, and I loved reading it!

My most special Christmas memory was our church service. There were wonderful, touching talks with music in between each one. The little children that I teach music to sang five sweet Christmas songs; our choir sang "This is the Christ" and it was so powerful that I got emotional and had difficulty singing the words; there were two wonderful vocal solos; and best of all, a violin solo of "Silent Night" that made me feel like I was in heaven! I didn't want it to end.

I'm so glad you had such a beautiful experience at your Christmas Eve candlelighting service! Have a happy and blessed 2008! :)

Karen said...

Happy New Year to you Annie! I think you're already a shining star! Blessings to you in 2008.

Shannon said...

Hi Annie~ I've come across your blog by way of another. . .but I so enjoy it ( : Your faith is precious and I pray the new year is filled with God's blessings for you and those you love. Shannon

Angela Baylis said...

You were a light to ME in 2007, Annie! Thank you! The candlelight service is my favorite part of Christmas too! I cannot imagine celebrating Christmas without going to Church either! Happy New Year... It's going to be GREAT!!! :)
Much love,
Angie xoxo

Angela Baylis said...

p.s. I forgot to tell you that I LOVE your new look!

ohAmanda said...

I love it, Annie. Hmmm...I'll have to think about it. We ARE taking our tree down today (Lydia's birthday is on Saturday!) so I might not have time to link up!

Jenny said...

We had a candlelight moment at our church service before Christmas, and that was a moving moment for me. I thought the same thing, and even offered my light as a symbol for my life to Christ. Here, Lord. Take it and do with it what You want.
The other "moving" experience I had over Christmas was not in the good way :) You know all about that, and I'm planning on blogging about it today. Should I link it up? ha!!

Justabeachkat said...

Happy New Year's sweet Annie! You've been a blessing to me and I sure value our friendship. I wish for you and your family the very best in 2008, filled with many blessings.

Hugs!
Kat
(love your new look)

KC said...

Love the new look Annie.
Happy New Years.

the candle light service at church is one of my favoirte parts of christmas

Kim said...

Happy New Year Annie--

Candle light services are a happy memory from my childhood. What a special moment for your.

*hugs*
Kim

Anonymous said...

The candlelight service sounds beautiful!
You are definitely a shining light, Annie!
Praying your 2008 is wonderful!

Karen Hossink said...

I grew up in a church that always had candles on Christmas Eve. I agree with you about the lights going out and the room coming to a full glow as, one by one, the candles were lit and raised up.
Of course, it had a whole new meaning to me once I became a Believer!
Good memories!