Saturday, November 10, 2007

toothpicks and football...




Hi!
What a day!  I am sitting here in the den (on matt's computer) listening to Matt and my daddy yell at the television.  They are watching two footballs games at once, OU and OSU  I am not sure who is winning... I'm not really into football.  Last Saturday Matt's mom (paula) was here and was yelling at OSU... Izzy was really curious about that.  It was pretty funny.  She tried to get Izzy to hollar for OSU.  
I have spent the last three hours at the dining room table "helping" Amanda make a toothpick sculpture that had to be 8 inches high and 6 inches wide.  We built a church.  I would post a picture of it and you would be very impressed (you'll just have to take my word for it :o)... because I am not sure how to load pics on this computer.  Anyway, I'm pooped... it was very tedious.  
Izzy woke up at 4:56 this morning.  I snuggled her in my bed and got a few more hours in (thank goodness).  She likes to snuggle in the mornings lately.  I made breakfast (eggs, bacon, gravy and biscuits). It was very yummy!  
Bath & Body has a seasonal lotion/spray/soap that is peppermint.  I bought a bottle of the lotion last year and realized how much I liked it after Christmas was over and they didn't sell anymore.  I got an email coupon and then had another so I stocked up.  I love for Izzy to smell really good mostly because everyone at her school is very close to her.  Therapists and teachers etc. hold her and work with her.  I've always had a 'thing' about my babies (I know she's not a baby) smelling good.  
I got goodmail today! Thanks Nancy Face for the sweet Thanksgiving card & stickers and yummy green apple caramel suckers.  They remind me of my old friend Mendy.  Mendy is not old.  I just mean we've been friends for so long (since we were 9 years old).  She loves those suckers!  Mendy finished her masters degree and had her fourth son all in the last year or so.  She's a busy girl and I hardly get to see her.  I am trying to figure out a way to spend a day or two in Tulsa and spend some time with her and also meet Susan (Penless Writer).  Sounds fun huh?  
So, then I ran in the grocery store and got some food ... I'm baking a ham for lunch tomorrow after church.  Amanda's new friend is coming over again.  I planned to make potato salad tonight (for tomorrow) but I think I'm too sleepy tonight.  My plan is to put the ham in the crockpot tonight with pineapple and brown sugar glaze... and then put a pumpkin pie in the oven in the morning.  I guess we could have baked potatoes... but I thought baked beans and potato salad sounded perfect with the ham and hot rolls (and pumpkin pie :o)...
Be blessed my friends!


26 comments:

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Wow. You can cook a ham in a crockpot? Who knew? (Yeah, I know. It's embarrassing enough not knowing how to cook at my age without me announcing it everytime I turn around.)

I've been looking for a Peppermint shampoo that my aunt used to always have. I don't know the name of it (and really don't even care if I find the same brand!). I just loved the feel (it was tingly) and the smell (fresh peppermint...yummy!) so I've been looking around for any kind of shampoo that calls itself "peppermint". My next stop is Sally's Beauty Supply. They have all that weird shampoo. lol But now I'm thinking I may need to check out that lotion over at Bath & Body, too. Sounds so refreshing!

Nancy Face said...

Men are so silly when they yell at the TV, haha! :D

I ♥ the scent of peppermint!

I'm glad you got your Good Mail! That was really fast...I just mailed it Thursday afternoon! :0

It's great that Amanda's friend spends time with her at your home...that's what Lauren's friend always did, and we really enjoyed it! Your Sunday meal sounds SCRUMPTIOUS! :o)

Klin said...

You are amazing. I will patiently wait for you to post the church pictures. :D

Anonymous said...

That toothpick church sounds like a big job! Hope the others enjoyed the football game!

Lorie said...

Hi Annie, I have given you an award on my blog!

Corrie said...

Hi Annie,
I'll have to head to the mall and smell that lotion. I'm a peppermint junkie!!!
Hope the ham was yummy!

Michelle said...

I can't imagine building anything out of toothpicks!

Your lunch sounds delicious!

A Captured Reflection said...

I have an award for you - see post of Monday 12th Nov 'Ray of Sunshine'

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I always feel foolish because all of my friends are way into football and I am not...I just don't get it! haha

I bet that toothpick sculpture was so annoying to make! I would have gone mad.

Bath and Body Works always has such yummy smelling stuff. I love it! I just hated working there though.

Wow! That dinner you are making sounds amazing! Amanda's friend is lucky.

Justabeachkat said...

Gosh, I hope you took a picture of it anyway so you can post it once your laptop is up and running. Soon, I hope.

Your lunch sounds wonderful. I've never cooked ham in my crockpot though. Let me know how it did.

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...your ham dinner sounds so scrumptious! And the peppermint lotion sounds delicious, too!
Have a great week!

Susan said...

And also meet Susan (Penless Writer). YEAH!!!!!!!!
Susan

Anonymous said...

I missed football this weekend!! YaY!! I was gone for a girls weeked to Mall of America. I hope you figure out how to upload pics so we can see upcoming pictures!!

Yvonne said...

I bet they were sad to see OSU lose to Illinois. I think they had good reason to yell at the TV.

I bet yur toothpick church was amazing.

You sound like an amazing cook!!!

Judi said...

I can only imagine how tedious a toothpick church would be. Whew! I miss you!

Jill said...

Tell Izzy we yell for OSU at our house, too! I slather my little guy with lotion twice a day - morning and night - because I have the "smell" thing, too. His teachers at school comment about how good he smells.

Jenny said...

It's funny cuz I grew up watching football and I still ask my husband and my dad..."what's a down?" Instead of a response these days I get a glare.
I love peppermint lotion, especially the peppermint foot lotion!!!
Extra snuggles with your child is always an added blessing!!

Tori :) said...

I'm impressed with your toothpick building talent. :)

YAY for good mail. I've been so lame about it.

gail@more than a song said...

I don't usually watch much football on tv but did watch my Mississippi State beat Alabama Saturday!

Anonymous said...

best registry cleaner , A computer program application that scans the Your computer windows registry and appears for dated and ill records.
registry cleaner , [url=http://www.us.geisai.net/app.php/g12/newsblog/article/61]registry cleaner[/url]
registry cleaner , [url=http://www.zsp2wadowice.iap.pl/europa/forum/index.php?v=stopic]registry cleaner[/url]
registry cleaner , [url=http://karaoke.rg14.ru/forum/printpage.php?forum=1]registry cleaner[/url]
registry cleaner online , [url=http://www.funlabor.co.kr/sboard.php?tableName=counsel]registry cleaner online[/url]
registry cleaner , [url=http://proluckers.pr.funpic.de/gb/index.php?action=nav]registry cleaner[/url]
registry cleaner , [url=http://krsong2.ivyro.net/bbs/zboard.php?id=cmusic_a]registry cleaner[/url]
registry cleaner , [url=http://forums.mediasharesuite.com/member.php?u=21859]registry cleaner[/url]
free registry cleaner , [url=http://www.valenth.com/memberlist.php?first_char=]free registry cleaner[/url]

Programs often create Registry entries for momentary data and pointers to other files, but never remove them. In addition, if folders are by hand deleted with the user.
Registry entries may indicate files that do not exist. A Registry software can ahtvniwxnjnjnjnnjaw engage in a offer of method utilities or perhaps a stand-alone, registry cleaner freeware system

Anonymous said...

Thank you, that was extremely valuable and interesting...I will be back again to read more on this topic.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant site, I had not noticed mylifeasannie.blogspot.com previously during my searches!
Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Our business creates a occupation new year card on the basis of unexcelled and magnificent projects.
These projects are carried in default near the cards the best staff of unmistakable artists and designers in
the shop who are experts in every sense of the word. They are also very flexible, so you can
carry out barest compelling dealing file card designs, depending on the characteristic needs of each client.
We do not own a masterful printing machines undertaking the highest quality of each lone card.
Broad selection of dossier allows you to upon the expectations of parallel with the most demanding customers
from every conceivable industry. We guarantee the copy and amenities of huge quantities of business
cards in the shortest doable time. In our what really happened, the highest attribute is the payment of the proposed
price and safe amenities from people receiving and carrying into public notice an order notwithstanding business cards.
With access to the services offered as a consequence our website, you can with dispatch and without undue
formalities state an sect object of goods, over again the concoct and approved it and ordered some job
cards. Elect our company as a righteous trade window-card is often a oath fitting for success.
Greet
Merio [url=http://www.kalendarze.dogory.pl]Kalendarze[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

This is a message for the webmaster/admin here at mylifeasannie.blogspot.com.

May I use part of the information from your blog post above if I provide a backlink back to your site?

Thanks,
Thomas

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this link, but argg it seems to be down... Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please answer to my post if you do!

I would appreciate if a staff member here at mylifeasannie.blogspot.com could post it.

Thanks,
Alex

Anonymous said...

Fellow, I am searching the internet and bump into uncover some passable communications make good as forums, [url=http://www.canoscanlide20.com/]blogs[/url]. Could you uncover me some suggestion?