Friday, November 9, 2007

faith lift fridays ~ God's plan for you!


"I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my spokesman to the world." Jer. 1:5

The Lord spoke to Jeremiah that he was called before he was born.  Jeremiah wasn't the only one.  John the Baptist (luke 1:15-16); Jesus (Is. 49:1-5); and Paul (Gal. 1:15) were the same. . . and so are YOU!

Psalms 139:13-16 says that God possessed you in our mother's womb.  He knew exactly what you would look like before you were even born.  You didn't just "happen!"   You were created by a God who has a specific purpose for your creation.  He created you in a special way to fulfill His purpose in your life.  God has a plan for you.

How do I know what God wants me to do?  The answer comes in giving yourself completely to Him.  When you totally surrender to God, He begins to work circumstances in a way that will lead you to His perfect plan for your life.  Your part is to surrender.  His part is to reveal.  If you do your part, He will do His.  Then you will experience a new joy that only those in the center of His will can know!

Visit Sheryl for more faith lifts!

12 comments:

Klin said...

Great message, Annie.

ohAmanda said...

Love it! It reminds me of my new favorite phrase...God knows you by heart!

Anonymous said...

Annie--

Thanks for this reminder that we need most to surrender to what the Lord wants for us. It is also a great reminder that the Lord knows us best, He knew us even before we were born. He loved us knowing what we were going to be like. How great is that!

Be blessed!

DJ

Anonymous said...

So true! I love your animated graphic too!
We found a place to move to...praising God!! Hope to be moved by the end of next week or the beginning of the following at the latest.
PS...I am so sorry...with all the hulabaloo here, I forgot to thank you for the totally fun halloween card and candy...I love sugar daddies! :)
Thank you!!!

Justabeachkat said...

Great message Annie!

Is your computer back up and running? Hope so.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs!
Kat

Monkey Giggles said...

Amen...Great post. It is a daily surrender over to Him. To be used by Him. Thank you for the reminder.

Smiles and hugs

Corrie said...

Great Reminder, Annie.
Thanks!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
corrie

A Captured Reflection said...

A timely reminder. Annie, your faith is so deep. You have this beautiful gentle feminine air, and this awesome faith that fights evil, and enters into combat. As I typed this I could imagine you in a suit of armour (a la Xena Warrior Princess)

Nancy Face said...

Wonderful message, Annie! :)

Patriot said...

This definitely speaks to me right now. I am honestly so confused what God's will for my life is. It's hard to wait, but I am learning to "surrender" as you so eloquently put it. Thank you for the encouragement!

Susan said...

Wonderful reminder of not only who we are in Christ, but who we were meant to be!!!
Susan

Jenileigh said...

This was perfect. Thanks!