Wednesday, November 7, 2007

it's wednesday!

Hi!  Another busy day around here (still no laptop!)... I haven't had a chance to go visiting yet.  I'm hoping things will slow down enough tomorrow to have a little computer time.  Since I can't blog while multitasking other things, my time blogging is truly time I have to find.  Today Isabelle had a dentist appointment.  She had a lot of dental work last March (I blogged about it) and this was a follow up appointment.  The dentist said everything looks wonderful.  It was a quick and easy appointment, my favorite kind!  
Well, some good news... for Amanda anyway.  Matt's sister bought a new car so she is selling her honda crv.  It's red and cute... leather interior, new tires, perfectly maintained. . . we're getting it for Amanda!  She is very happy.  Amanda is such a wonderful student.  She also helps me a lot so she really deserves to have wheels :o)!  
Izzy is napping on the sofa.  We came home from the dentist and changed her into some cute snuggly warm sweats, fed her lunch... and she is out.  It is cold here today!  I am not complaining, I love it!  Emelia stayed home from school yesterday, she complained with allergies/scratchy throat, but she was fine once that bus drove by.  It is nice to spend the day with the kids one at a time.  Izzy had her late day with Camilla.  Camilla said that Izzy had a good day with Margaret (speech therapist) but I didn't get a chance to speak to her or Niecie.  Camilla is just so sweet to Izzy.  
I've been making a salad that I love.  I made a big batch Saturday when Matt's mom came down and then another yesterday.  It was my lunch yesterday and today!  
1 package dry ranch dressing mixed with 1 cup milk and one cup mayo, set aside in fridge to thicken...
1 head cauliflower
1 head brocolli
bunch of green onions
can of sliced black olives

I'm a snob about broc and caul... so I cut only the florets off the heads.  Chop up the onions and mix in with black olives... pour dressing over the top and serve or refridgerate.  It is even yummier the second (or third) day!  

It's my favorite thing this week.  That and cinnamon toast.  I buy those loaves of sliced french bread at walmart, smooth butter over the tops and mix sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and spoon it over the buttered bread... broil on low for a few minutes.  YUM.  I think I could eat a slice of it everyday for breakfast.  

I hope to visit you all soon.  Hope your day is full of blessings!

P.S.  Happy Birthday to Betty!  

27 comments:

HomeSchool Mommy said...

Good to hear things are going well. I wish my allergy/sinus stuff would go away once the bus drives by...it's driving me crazy.

Justabeachkat said...

I'm so glad to see a post from you. It just seems "weird" not seeing you post. Hope things clear up real soon. You're missed.

Your salad sounds wonderful. I love, love, love cinamon toast!

Hugs!
Kat

gail@more than a song said...

I hope it gets cleared up for you soon!
That salad sounds SO good! And what's not to love about cinnamon toast, yum.

Karen said...

I agree, it feels strange to not stop by here a couple times a day. We miss you!

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

This is getting crazy. I'm on the verge of blogging about your comptuer woes in the hopes that either the Geek Squad reads it and volunteers to come by your house to fix your laptop or some rich benefactor sees the post and gets a wild hair and donates a new laptop to you. But since I don't have that many readers to begin with, my posting about it probably wouldn't help much. lol So. I'll just stick with hoping that your computer woes are soon solved so you can get back to regular posting. I've missed reading you!

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tricia said...

Just stopped in to see how things were going.

Haley said...

The salad sounds yummy! Yay for Amanda getting the Car!

Hope your computer gets fixed soon!

xoxo

Haley

ohAmanda said...

You're making me hungry!

Michelle said...

glad to hear the dental appt went well! I've been avoiding making one for Kayla even though I know I need to!

Nancy Face said...

I miss you! I'm glad things are going so well for you and your family (other than than the laptop thing)!

I bet Amanda can hardly believe she is getting a car! And RED!!! I love all colors of cars...as long as they are red! :D

The salad sounds yummy-ful! I can't even talk about the cinnamon toast...let's just say that one slice would not be enough! ;)

Have a wonderful day!

Yvonne said...

Hooray for Amanda--how fun. I've always wanted a red car, but I have a lead foot and figure if I had a red car I might as well have a neon sign for the police that says "I'M SPEEDING COME AND GET ME!!!"

You must be a great cook. That cinnamon toast sounds amazing--I've never thought of making it on french bread. Yum!

Debi said...

How nice for Amanda! Sounds like she's a very deserving young lady!

By the way, I'm pretty much a broc/cauliflower snob, too.

Constance said...

Good Thursday morning to you, Annie !
Sounds like all is busy, but good !
Cinnamon toast is THE best !
Hugs,
Loving Annie

OKGardners said...

Thanks for the Birthday greeting. Can't believe the years are flying by so fast!

Please let us know by email IF you want us to get your laptop looked at by our friend @ Computer Zone to see if it is "fixable" or "Info Retrievable." We mean it!

Love, Betty & Ed

Irene said...

It's great to hear good news. We all miss you,but it is great we can keep in touch!

workinthatpreppy said...

yes...i received your e-mail. had some unexpected "stuff" come up. i'm on it!

Anonymous said...

Yay for Amanda. What an exciting time in her life. I remember when I was 16. My Mom bought me a brand new car, I had to make the payments, insurance and gas, though. I sure hope she enjoys her wheels!!

Susan said...

How wonderful about the car!!! Sounds great!! Glad Izzy's dental appointment went so well.
Susan

Dena said...

So busy! Congrats Amanda on the new ride! That's always fun - glad Izzy's appt went well just wish your computer was back up and running - hope Emilia feels better!

A Captured Reflection said...

You know we're missing you :-) Oh the technical joys aye? That is great about the car for Amanda too.

Anonymous said...

Annie,

I have missed my blogging time too... but not because of being short on power... I have been working the last three weeks. (Praise the Lord!).

A temporary job, but it was work! I missed all my blog fun through. I hope and pray all is well with you and the family! I have thought of you all often.

Be blessed! DJ

Nancy Face said...

Have a happy Friday, Annie! You are missed!!! :o)

Jenileigh said...

I am going to have to try that recipe it sounds yummy! I've been away too, my computer crashed, I waited for the new one and then there was big trouble with my dial up. Finally dh agreed to let me do satellite and the installer took 7 days to get here. I'm up and running and pray you will be too, very soon.

Love and miss ya,
Jenileigh

Tammy and Parker said...

Just checking in to make sure you guys are okay.

Love the Izzy update!

Jenny said...

Sounds like a great salad! I'm the same kind of snob when it comes to the florets!LOL
Hope all is well!:)

Julie said...

Yum!!