Tuesday, October 16, 2007

time travel tuesday ~ most adventurous act edition

Tell us the most adventurous thing you have ever done! What gave you the courage to do it or try it and how did you feel afterwards?
You know... I don't plan these time travels based on my experiences and this one is sure evidence of that. It has taken me hours and hours to come up with an adventure to talk about. My first thought was marriage, whew is that an adventure! Then I thought about natural childbirth (Bailey), talk about an adventure!!! I remember really being brave for that one...
I thought about interviewing for two different specific jobs and selling myself and then doing those jobs once they were mine. I always have the belief I can do anything I set my mind to.
(even teaching an adult vo-tech class in a software I'm not really experienced in... but I learned it and taught it :o)... The trip to Florida last week, boy was that an adventure!!!
Getting on a plane with four kids! The security line alone is an adventure that causes nail biting and pant wetting all in itself. All of those things caused me to be a stronger person and I look back at all of them with a feeling of completion.
BUT, I think the biggest adventure I have had to date is the move from my lifetime church to a new one. It has been a complete step out of the 'comfort' boat and has forced me to search God's word for the truth for my life and for the life of my family. Me and Matt have felt like pilgrims crossing the mountains in a wood buckboard with a sick horse a lot of times and HALLELUJAH we have arrived and gold is ours.
God is good, all the time!

I can't wait to get around to reading your adventures, please remember to sign on mr. linky!


25 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so far behind in all my computer doings it's not even funny! Trying to get ready to go to mom's this weekend (thanks for the b'day wish for her!). At any rate, I'll sure try to get mine up tomorrow...but wanted to let you know that I gave you an award...come check it out.

Sonya said...

I'm going to post TTT but it'll be later in the day. Can't wait to read what you write about!

Anonymous said...

I decided to just do it! :) I knew it would never happen tomorrow.
Have a great day!

Jenny said...

This was fun!!! Thanks for hosting it!!
:)

Jenny said...

Left you a special treat on my blog...

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie!

Thanks for stopping by my place a leaving such sweet comments. I love visiting your place and always leaving feeling encouraged.

Stop by my place to read about a give away I am doing.

Be blessed! DJ

Nancy Face said...

I loved your adventures! I thought of marriage and childbirth too, but since I'd already written about those adventures, I thought I needed to come up with something else, haha! Have a great day, Annie! :)

Theresa said...

All great adventures! I loved this topic, but it was hard to chose because life everyday is such a wonderful adventure.

I do have favor to ask you- if you have time today can you visit my sister-in-law site at
http://www.snoopmurph.blogspot.com/

today was the first time she blogged about her son having autism which was very hard for her and I feel she could use some support- and you are always so supportive and inspirational that I am sure you would have something kind to write her. Thank you.

Monkey Giggles said...

Our family also moved from our lifetime church to a new one this past year. Wow...I felt like I was in the desert. Alone...wondering about...not knowing the direction the Lord want us to go. We felt homeless. After visiting several chruchs, the Lord showed us where He wanted us to be.

Anonymous said...

Mine is up! Thank you for sharing yours. I am kind of feeling like that right now. I just moved to a new state since I got married and none of the churches feel like my church at home. I feel so out of place. :-/

Julie said...

I love the way you describe your experience i finding a new church home. I agree with you. I will have to think about mine for a while. Maybe moving to McAllen 2 months after we were married? Or adopting the twins? I'm not sure. Right now battling kids' illnesses night and day for weeks feels like an adventure I want to get out of.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful topic this week! Thanks again for hosting this!

KC said...

It is a scary adventure leaving your life long church.. I went to the same church from the time I was 5 years old until I was 31 years old.. and when we left it, It was so hard to find a church the preached the truth that felt like it could be our new church family.
Mine is up now.

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

It's hard to leave the comfort of sameness.

The Edwards said...

Wonderful topic this week! Thanks again for hosting this...

Michelle said...

All of those things you've listed sure are an adventure! but I think you're right - the last one is quite the adventure and leap in faith to switch churches like you have!

I had to think on hard on this topic too!

Anonymous said...

I'm late today -- had to think about this one! There were areas I hadn't thought about being adventurous, but they are.

Starting in a new church is definitely a challenge!

Sharijoy said...

What a great Idea!! Thanks for hosting.

Carrie said...

Annie, I am thankful of what you chose as your biggest adventure. Finding a new church is never fun or easy, but God always blesses us in our adventures. I plan on reflecting on what you've said as I look for a new church in my new town. God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie! This was my first week joining you in "Time Travel" and I really had to put my thinking cap on! Thank you for such a wonderful subject! God bless! Susie

Anonymous said...

Charlie and I can so relate to your experience...except we haven't found our landing place yet...we're still seeking. It isn't an easy adventure, but it is a blessed one...in that, as you said in your post, it has taken us out of our "comfort" zone and brought us deeper into God's word.

Shelley said...

Hi! I just found your blog and want to participate. I'm always looking for new ideas of things to write about!

Karen Hossink said...

Nail biting and pant wetting...What a great description! Makes me want to gather the kids up and head to the airport. LOL

Shawna said...

I can't beleive I missed this one. My biggest adventures certainly have been getting married and having Scamp. And the finding a new church is hard. I understand. I left my childhood church for another church, in which I embedded my heart in serving God there. Then it split, and I was devastated. But, God brought us to a new wonderful church and is blessing us tremendously. I'm glad He is doing the same with you.

Tori :) said...

You are brave for stepping out of your comfort zone with your church. Good for you and I am glad you are happy with your choice.