Monday, September 17, 2007

time travel tuesday ~ special birthday


This week we will travel back to either a special birthday you have been given or a memorable birthday you have had ...

How old were you? Was it a party, or just a memorable day? Tell us all about it!






I couldn't decide which birthday to use... there was my 12th birthday, I was sick as a dog! Running a high fever but wouldn't admit to feeling terrible because I had a slumber party complete with a trip to ice skate planned. I love to go ice skating. I think I finally broke down while on ice skates, my ankles hurt from the fever and I admitted to mom that I was really sick. But that's no fun... then there was my 15th, the entire youth group came over for volleyball and a make your own french bread pizza bar. It was a huge success and lots of fun! But, that's about all I remember from that evening... not near enough for a post.

So, I will choose my most recent birthday as my favorite. I felt more love this year than I ever remember feeling on my birthday. EVER. It started with phone calls from friends and family and my very special bloggy friends... my mailbox was happy and full for days and days. You know people say, "it's the thought that counts." Well, that statement is so very true. It was so much more about the thought and the care so many took in wishing me happy birthday. Even Matt! He is notorious for almost neglecting birthdays... but he was sweet and thoughtful too.

I had a couple of funny mail experiences... first was the duplicate gifts from Jenna & Jenny. I laughed for days! My IRL bff Julie sent me the most wonderful candles and a shirt with an E on it. I couldn't figure out what the E meant! I tried and tried to figure it out, because I'm smart like that... but finally had to ask what is the E for? She was quick to remind me her new town begins with E and they wear these shirts around town! Mystery solved. I have worn that E shirt to Emelia's softball game, to show my support for my E!

It was just the best day!

20 comments:

A Captured Reflection said...

Mine is up! I enjoyed this one, as it is still so fresh in my memory and just thinking back blessed me no end!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

This one was so much fun to write! You always have good ideas Annie. I hope you have a happy day!!

Leni said...

It's birthday season around here! Three of the five of us have September birthdays.

Susan said...

I linked to you this morning with your term "good mail". Wanted to let you know!!!
Susan

Jenny said...

Good Tuesday morning to ya! Another busy day around here! :) But, I look forward to visiting with you real soon.

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I look forward to Tuesday just so I can time travel with you. Looking forward to your post.

Julie said...

So glad you like the shirt! and I am glad Emelia can benefit from it, too! :)
Great bday memories.
I am listening to Beautiful You. I have never heard these guys before. i really like them, so far!

Tori :) said...

What great birthday memories!! I would have pretended to be feeling fine if I was sick too!!

Nancy Face said...

Lauren has a shirt with a huge capital "E" on it...I wonder if it's like yours! I didn't get what it meant, then she told me the "E" is for Eagle, as in American Eagle.

My e-mail is kircheraz@hotmail.com, but silly me rarely checks it, so I'll try to remember to do so, haha! :D

Karen Hossink said...

I understand the 12 year-old thing - there is fun to be had, no time to be sick!
Although I've been out of the TTT loop for awhile, I do hope to get back in on it soon. As for this week's topic, I think my most memorable birthday is coming up. My birthday is this Saturday and my husband is taking the kids with him up north for the weekend. Things have been so busy around here for the past month, I am very much looking forward to serious time alone!

Shawna said...

I wrote about my 12th birthday party, too. And how great of your blogging buddies to join in to celebrate your birthday!

Corey~living and loving said...

I love it when I got lots of warm wishes in the real mail,and email and so on for my birthday!

Jenny said...

That's funny about the E shirt! :) I liked this past b'day for you, too, 'cause you and I got to talk ;)
And, I love the new font--thank you for all you do for me!! You ARE the greatest, have I ever told you that?!?

Haley said...

How nice about your love filled birthday! :-)

Anonymous said...

What a fun birthday you had!! Love the "E" shirt idea!


Jodi

Michele said...

Always love stopping by your blog (friend of Jodi's). You have such sweet friends and get such good mail! How fun.

Kim said...

I am so glad your birthday this year was special! My first *baby* is turning 24 today!!! Yikes! I have been swamped this week and didn't have time to play along with TTT--maybe next week.
*smiles*

Ter said...

Time Travel Tuesday, what a good idea. I didn't see this til Wednesday so maybe next time I'll join you. :) As for memorable birthdays, I guess my 7th birthday because I had the chickenpox and was so upset that I couldn't have my party ON my birthday that year.

Jessica said...

Awww that's great. It is extra special to receive birthday blessings from everyone including bloggy friends!

I usually don't do the whole time travel stuff so I'll just tell you my most memorable bday was when I was 12 weeks pregnant with ME and I was telling the extended family for the first time. Bday cake said Happy Birthday Mom-to-be. They looked at it once, twice, then SCREAMED!

:)

Michelle said...

I remember you were very spoiled on this most recent bday LOL

That make your own pizza bar sounds like a fun idea to do for a bday party!