Monday, September 17, 2007

TGIM!!! & marilyn & calendar ...

Yikes! It's Monday! That's good because everyone is off to work or school except for me & Izzy so it's nice and quiet in the house! BUT, that means lots of catch up from a busy weekend too! I didn't get to do much on the computer this weekend, I didn't even do weekend reflection/review.

Guess what I got yesterday??? A NAP! Seriously, a glorious, long nap! IT was the highlight of my weekend. I had a little trouble fully waking up for evening services, but it was ministries night which is equal to kind of a women's meeting in the kitchen area... so I took my coke w/sonic ice (rude huh?) and woke up there. I visited with some really sweet ladies I hadn't had the opportunity to meet yet. A widow named Charlotte who was really really nice and Erica who has a cute little baby named Faith. I have actually visited with Erica before, she is extremely friendly.

As promised, here is a picture of the almost completed Marilyn...
She had a great time and I think the Silver Server banquet was a success.










Kim over at Mom's Musings had the fun idea of posting her calendar yesterday so Kim, here's my calendar! I bought this calendar holder at a craft show many years ago and each year enjoy looking for a perfect calendar to put in it... I love calendars too!





My menu... another yikes. I haven't really made a menu or shopped for groceries... I did cook this weekend. (5 bonus pts.) I'll be back later with a menu!

23 comments:

Nancy Face said...

Your Amanda/Marilyn looks just GORGEOUS!!! Yay for a good Sunday nap and Coke with Sonic ice! :D

Your calendar and holder are Cute! :)

Anonymous said...

amanda is beautiful!yay for a nap that i cant even get so you are lucky.
have a great monday

Anonymous said...

Happy Monday!! I love afternoon naps. Thank goodness I get one now and then with my son who will only take one if we lay down with him. It is rare but I love those snuggly days

Justabeachkat said...

Well, doesn't she look like Marilyn...but even better! Just gorgeous! I bet it was a fun evening for her.

Naps...awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Hugs!
Kat

Joyful Days said...

Wow!! Amanda looks wonderful.

Jealous over that nap.

Have a great week.

Blessings,

Julie

Anne said...

Beautiful picture! Have a wonderful week! :)

Anonymous said...

Your Amanda is beautiful. (I saw a MM & Audrey Hepburn black & white pics at Target TODAY and thought of her!) Anyway, was this at your new church? And she was involved? So is she liking it there now?

Dena said...

Wow! Amanda looks JUST like Marilyn (that's gonna be trouble!) I hope she had a great time and kudos on the NAP - they are completely underrated as far as I am concerned! We should totally have Siestas!

Debi said...

Oh my...isn't she just absolutely darling! WOW.

gail@more than a song said...

Sounds like you had a busy and fun weekend with your crew, yay for the nap! And glad it's quiet there now.
WOW, Amanda looks awesome! She looks a lot like Marilyn in this shot, I bet they had a blast.

Susanne said...

Great Marilyn look! She's gorgeous!

cute calendar.

A Captured Reflection said...

Wow, I looked at Amanda and really did think Marilyn! Glad to hear you had a nap, you come across as someone who has awesome energy and a great capacity for others. I feel like someone's Great Grandma at the mo :-)

Anonymous said...

Your calendar is so cute!

http://tonsofsons.wordpress.com/

Susan said...

She looks so cute. I'm sure that was fun for her and the other teens.
Susan

Barb said...

Yay! You got a nice long nap! I can't think of anyone who deserves one more, Annie. LOL

Don't even ask me about my week, or weekend or the way this one's starting out. Sighhhhhhhhh.

Jenn said...

Late is better than never, I've done that before! ;-)

Cute calander, too!

JEnn

Momma Roar said...

'Marilyn' looks great!

Your comment about the cheesecake had me ROFLOL, seriously! I couldn't stop laughing!!

Michelle said...

you did a great job making her over as Marilyn! wow! Naps are such a wondering indulgence aren't they?!

Jenny said...

Oh, wow! Look at your girl! Y'all did a great job transforming her into Marilyn. :)
We were so busy this past weekend, too, that I so understand not being able to get on the computer!
I hope your Tuesday is quiet, too, and that you can catch up.

Anonymous said...

So glad you finally got a nap! As for waking up, yep, the Coke'll do it! LOL! :o)

Corrie said...

Amanda looks just like Marilyn! Great job (and she's such a doll!)

Have a great day Annie!

Tori :) said...

You did great transforming Amanda into Marilyn! Wow!!

Sonic ice... *makes* the drink.

Jessica said...

Ok your daughter looks amazing!!! Great job on the hair!