Friday, August 17, 2007

a little rant

I just thought I would pop in to post about my horrible terrible very bad no good mood. We went to the doctor today for Izzy's immunizations. We sat and waited and waited and waited and waited... ugh. Anyway, she had her five year old well child check. The pediatrician was impressed with her great health. You can't beat God for good health... anyway, she weighs 43 pounds. Which began my bad mood btw. I had to weigh for the nurse and then holding izzy to get her weight. That was fun, not! I won't mention my weight but let's just say that it called for a stop by chili's for carryout to celebrate my pudginess. Izzy was good patient, she hadn't seen the dr. since her last child check... a whole year ago! That alone is a miracle. Anyway, she had to get three shots. She cried and cried. It was pitiful. Next we were sent to the lab for a blood count. When the lady pricked Izzy's little finger two things happened... 1) blood went everywhere! and 2) Izzy cried worse than when she had the shots! So, we were off with a pretty but tight silvery bandaid.
I had to run by the credit union and since I had Iz we hit the drive through. BIG MISTAKE!!! I promise you we were behind one white minivan for at least 30 minutes while they sent and received stuff in that little capsule! HELLO!!!! If you need to do major banking business, GO INTO THE LOBBY!!!!! The drive through is for quick banking and when you do finally finish your extended bank visit, PULL UP SO THE REST OF THE LINE CAN HAVE A TURN. I dropped off my check and was out in maybe 30 seconds.. sheesh. Can you tell I wasn't lying in the first line of this post. I think it is important to give you a glimpse of the darker side of Annie. What do you think of me now? (I can see the joker in batman when I am typing that btw).
So I called in some fat food from Chili's, drove home, fed my face & Izzy too. I had to get cheesecake from Chili's for poor little Izzy 'cause she just had shots ya'll! I'm sure you understand my logic and she was much too tired to eat the whole piece so I, being the good mama I am... ATE THE REST!!! I'm enjoying cap lock, can you tell?
This is therapeutic, I should rant more often.
So, I go pick Amanda up from the place where no one knows how to drive high school and we are literally in line for 20 more minutes and I am plumb sick of my suburban by this point. Even though it is very very clean, I want to be home blogging for goodness sakes...
Then an ambulance and firetruck come by and really mess up the flow. WHEW, we are finally home.
Since being home the only negative thing so far was when Amanda was trying to put a plate with popcorn chicken (after school snack) in the microwave, Bailey made a ninja move to get the microwave first and so the kitchen floor was showered with little popcorn chickens, ick. Then I had to keep them from a physical altercation... everyone is just tired, it's the first week of school. They are all in their spaces with sunshiny faces, and the doctor just called and told me that little Jose's blood work was all normal. JOSE WHO??? Oh, yes, Isabelle's is too.
All's well that ends well right?

36 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew! I'm tired from just reading all that! I hope you have a restful evening.

Thanks for mentioning cheesecake, now I want some! I wouldn't have shared I would have ate the whole thing *giggle*


Jodi

Anonymous said...

This sounds like my everyday lately! Glad you got it off your chest! :)

HomeSchool Mommy said...

Okay I know it was a rough day for you, but can I just say "thank you" for that good laugh? The way you described it all was hysterical!

And, the stopping by Chili's to celebrate how good you felt about your weight. Yeah. I can so relate!

Anyway...I'm glad you're better now!

Susan said...

You failed to mention our 100+ degree heat here in Oklahoma which makes all and any of these situations 10 times worse!!! I HATE sitting in a car, it running, and in the heat and you had several of those.

Wish I was there to give you a big hug....except my tears might get on you :o(

So glad Izzy got a good report!!!
((hugs))
Susan

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Okay, first of all...I'm laughing WITH you, not AT you. lol The "darker" side of Annie! I don't know you at all and I'm laughing at THAT!! You have a darker side? What, is it like "orange" compared to your normally sunny yellow colored spirit?? I'm just teasing - I know that even wonderful happy people such as yourself can be grumpy sometimes. :( I'm just so self-centered that I sometimes forget that I haven't cornered the market on grumpy. lol Hope everything is going much more smoothly now and hey, I'm so glad to hear that little Jose' is doing well. ha,ha (And I'm VERY glad that Izzy's blook work was normal!).

Anonymous said...

*whew* I'm stressed for you! Rant away, girlfriend!

Mandalyn said...

I feel sorry for you just reading about your day! I'm so sorry that everything was so difficult for you!!

I hate shot days. I always get my oldest a milkshake or something after shots to cheer her up!! I'm with you on the comfort food!

Glad to know that Jose and Izzy's blood is all normal!!:)

Rochelle said...

Oh... you SO deserve to be in a bad mood after a day like that! I actually felt a bit guilty laughing as I read it!! Tomorrow will be a better day!!

Nancy Face said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry! Such crazy ridiculous annoyances! So glad you could let off steam...it feels good, huh? ;)

JOSE? What are they thinking? LOL!

Nancy Face said...

Oops! I forgot! Are you SURE all that cheesecake is gone? Cuz I sure do want some! :)

Kerri said...

I have to admit that I am laughing at your day. Not because I think it's funny... but because I can completely sympathize. We all have days like that (or at least similar to it)... but doesn't it feel good to get it off your chest?!? :-) Hope you have a relaxing evening and weekend... you deserve it!

Haley said...

Wow! I'm hoping things are better now. What a crumby day...mine wasn't that great either, I had to load and unload the groceries in the pouring rain. *sighs*

I feel your pain. :P

Angela Baylis said...

I'm so sorry you had a terrible, no good very bad day! My Mom always said some days are like that! Hope tomorrow is better!

Prayers and Love from a siesta in Michigan!
Angie

Monkey Kisses said...

Yeah from your pictures you look really chubby!! NOT>>>>> what are you talking about.. :-)

me and hubby did have an awesome date night even though we wound up missing the movie, we went to the mall and picked up a few things..

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had a bad day...but I have to admit to being THANKFUL you are normal! :) Hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't know...you still sound pretty sunny for the supposed "dark" side ;)
I can't imagine holding up a line in the drive-thru for that long...some people!! *rolling eyes*
Glad Izzy's report was good!
Hope the rest of your weekend is smooth and sweet as cheesecake!
:()

Susanne said...

Ya, for Chili's. I wish we had one in my city.

I was feeling exhausted reading about your day. I do not handle line ups well at all. Especially the person in the drive thru bank. That would have done me in. You deserved that cheesecake. In fact, you deserved a piece all to yourself in my humble opinion. ;v)

Jose's blood work cracked me up. But I'm glad Izzy's is fine too!

Justabeachkat said...

You Go Girl! Rant away! It does feel good to get it off your chest, right? I know it does for me. I actually think you handled it MUCH better than I would have. Oh yes ma'am!

Poor Izzy Bear...I just hate to think of them "abusing" her with those mean needles, but I'm glad her results are good.

Here's to a better tomorrow. I've now got the Annie song in my head "The sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar it will....."

Extra hugs sweet friend,
Kat

Nancy Face said...

Oh no! They totally polluted your cheesecake!!! I love fruit of all kinds, but NEVER on my cheesecake! Nope, glorious cheesecake can stand on its own! So sorry! :(

A Captured Reflection said...

What is it about days like these that one thing after another happens in succession, you start to think - hey, what's going on here? Good for you to let it out. I do know that feeling well! May there be incredible and awesome peace in your household and the most fabulous, smooth day ahead for you!

Christi said...

Oh, Annie - I just hate days like that! I'm glad to hear that Izzy got a good check-up (other than the shots).

Hope today is better!

Anonymous said...

Ack!!!!! What a day! You deserved that cheesecake! I'm so sorry Izzy has to have bloodowrk. Even after getting it done every 3 months, Sadie still screams, LOL. Hope this weekend is better!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Mmmm...Cheesecake! You definately did a service finishing it for her.

What a hard day! I am sorry!!!

Justabeachkat said...

Just thinking about you and hoping your day is better than yesterday.

Hugs!
Kat

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

If it makes you feel any better I've gained 5 pounds this summer. Why is it so easy to take bags of chips every where we go and why is it so hard to keep my hand out of those chips? I need to get my head back on straight.
I'm sorry the Dr. appointment was so horrible. I hope the cheesecake made Izzy feel better. Hugs to you both!! XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

So sorry you had such a bad day! I hope things have gotten better. That cheesecake sounds wonderful!

Michelle said...

Rant away! I would have ranted after a day like that too! I was also wondering who Jose was in this story LOL Glad to hear Izzy's bloodwork was normal!

Anonymous said...

whew! to think you're a mother to 4 kids...i get episodes such as, i mean in term of emotion elicited, this even with 1 kid.. sometimes life is so very like this...but when we try to look back, it still makes us smile...

Marcia Francois said...

Oh Annie. I loved the rant. Makes you more "human" :)

I get you on the weight thing - this last week I've stopped all eating after supper. And I went to gym twice so I'm on the way to recovery.

So glad Izzy's blood tests are all normal. And Jose! whoever he is :)

Debi said...

Oh you poor, sweet thing! And it's funny...even as you "rant" you still come across as just the sweetest thing on Earth! Hope that's the last of "that kind of day" for a long time!

Julie said...

This is hilarious! I am glad that day is over and you are happy again.

Jenny said...

Ha,ha! I love that about the dr's office!! That just make you feel like they're so organized, and on top of things, letting you know that Jose and Izzy's bloodwork were normal. :)
I hope the weekend was kinder to you :) I will read about it next!

Constance said...

It feels really good to get a rant going and out there once in a while ! You go, Annie, you go !

gail@more than a song said...

You go girl! We all have days like that and maybe we should all try writing it out, maybe it makes it better.
Hope the weekend was good for ya!

Jessica said...

Gotta love the blog rants. I'm so glad Jose's bloodwork was all normal.... oh and Izzy's too. I want some cheesecake now!!!
Get some rest!

Tori :) said...

TAD Award for the white mini van.
And of course you needed to help Izzy eat her cheesecake!
I hope Jose got a call too.