Wednesday, August 1, 2007

just thoughts... clearing my head...


Whew, what a day! (Is it my imagination or do I start many posts with that same phrase?)...
It started with a phone call from my high school bff Darla. I've mentioned her before, she was the one who got a brand new cutlass calais. Anyway, she is just about convinced to start blogging! I told her how wonderful you all are and how you have made my life so much more pleasant these past few months, with your sweetness & encouragement! I hooked her (I hope).
Then I drove way across town to take Emelia to spend the night with Julie's daughter at the grandparent's house. Julie lives in TX, but A is here for the week so she needed a diversion for a day or so. Came home to get chores done and my brother showed up with a carryout order of my absolute favorite "Victoria's Pasta!!!" Am I spoiled or what? YUMMO! Worked with Iz, cooked some dinner, cleaned more and then got ready for church. Amanda went with us tonight. She was okay with it and had a really good attitude about going. I was thankful for that. I know she doesn't like new situations but she didn't hate it, so we're off to a good start. Tonight was good again at the new church! Had some interesting exchanges with some people and we left feeling built up. Nice. There are so many thoughts running through my mind right now from Izzy's repeated bloody noses yesterday and today to hair cuts and should I cut my way too long hair off??? Oh Amanda and Dena both got the cutest hair cuts and I'm feeling the urge to purge (hair that is).
I got some fun goodmail from Jenny Boo! She sent some pedicure fun things.
Matt's fam is coming Friday to spend the weekend, Jane Ann is coming too from dallas and we are celebrating my birthday a little early. Jane Ann's current boyfriend is making me a chocolate cake. I got to know him a little on our last dallas trip and he is really a nice person! I think I'm going to cook Pioneer woman's lasagna for Friday night and we are going out to eat on Saturday to a favorite mexican place...
Julie and her hub are coming to town with child #7-W. I think we are going to eat and see a movie Saturday night. It should be a really fun weekend followed by a busy birthday week (love that!)...
That's all, my brain is sleepy now so goodnight! love ya'll!

p.s. Thanks Betty & Ed for emailing me such cool graphics!

24 comments:

OKGardners said...

As always, I love to keep up with your family and know that things are going well. Glad you liked the little REJOICE girl above. ;-)

No matter HOW you wear your hair, it is going to be beautiful, so suit yourself. :)

Have fun the remainder of the week and with all your weekend company.

Betty G.

Susan said...

My you are busy and going to be busy. Enjoy all the wonderful company. I still am delighted over the Writing on Bunnies!!!!
Susan

Jenny said...

Why is Izzy's nose bleeding so much? I'm so glad Amanda went with a good attitude tonight. What did she think about it when you got home?
I'm going to take my camera with me today and do my tag. Hopefully I can post that on Friday, but you know how stuff changes around here!
I'm still celebrating my b'day today with lunch w/Mandalyn and maybe JennaG. Enjoy your celebrations there!

Debi said...

I always think I'm busy until I come read about your life! Hope you all have a fun, relaxing weekend!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun, busy weekend! And what a sweetie brother you have!!
Praying that Izzy's nosebleeds stop.
(((HUGS))) to Amanda for her great attitude and for facing the changes with grace. (I'm not a fan of major life changes myself ;0)
(((HUGS))) to you my bloggy-friend!

Robin Green said...

So sorry about the nosebleeds--K has been having some too, but she usually does after having a cold. B's surgery is today--the gum one. Yuck! That is why lunch with J and M is a maybe for me. Anyway, I'm glad things went well at church, and that you have a friend who might join our little community out here on the interweb!!!

Robin Green said...

Oh--I was also going to ask you to email me your birthdate--I know it's August, but can't remember the day. Thanks so much!

Julie said...

I can't wait to see you guys! You have to cut my hair before we can go to a movie though. It is WAY TOO shaggy and it flips up all over in the humidity. Not pretty.

Alex called this morning at 7! She was up watching the HSM2 cast on Good Morning America. I asked her if Emmy was up. She said, "No, Emelia is sound asleep!"
There is no telling how late they stayed up. ha ha

Karen Hossink said...

Hi Annie,
Just wanted to let you know you and Izzy are on my heart this morning, and I had a great time praying for you!
Much love,
Karen

gail@more than a song said...

I'm glad Amanda went to church with you and that y'all left feeling built up!
What a sweet brother! Is he the one you talk about going to lunch with, sounds fun.
If you cut your hair, be sure to get pics!
You sound like you have a busy weekend coming up...I hope it's a great one for y'all! Have a good Thursday.

Corrie said...

Hello, Annie, my fellow run-oner! You are right...it's just the way we think!!! Thank you for explainig myself to me! Your day does like it was a full one! Glad the church search still seems fruitful. It is hard to find a good church.
Have a wonderful Thursday!!

Nancy Face said...

I'm so happy to hear that your experience at church was such a positive one, and especially Amanda's great attitude! I hope Izzy's nosebleeds are over, and that all is well with her. Sounds like fun for Emelia! If you decide to go for the haircut, have fun with it! You'll be beautiful either way! :)

Anonymous said...

Girl, once you go short (hair) you won't go back!

ps--glad Amanda had a good attitude!

Anonymous said...

Sounds busy. I hope Izzy is okay. I know Amanda will come around. You know how teens are! I am in desperate need of a hair cut myself. Mine is WAY too long.

Anonymous said...

I just got my haircut and it was to my bra in the back. Check out my blog!

Jessica said...

Phew, tired from reading your blog. You sure are busy, sorta reminds me that I'm not alone in this busy world! Glad things are generally going well with church and some fun stuff too.
I just hope Izzy's bloody noses are over.

Janis Rodgers said...

Wow! You are going to be busy the rest of the week and into the weekend. It sounds like you will have fun, though! Thanks for sharing! Blessings to you!

Marcia Francois said...

Hi!!!!

Long time no speak - I've been so busy so was forced to focus and just post to the blog and read Google Reader, no commenting.

Why is Izzy's nose bleeding such a lot?

I say cut your hair. You will feel like a new woman - they say a change is as good as a holiday :)

And Amanda - so proud of her for going with you and having a good attitude! She is very special.

Thanks also for commenting on my new clutter control blog!

Organising Queen and
Take Charge blogs

Barb said...

Just reading this makes me feel like I need a long nap. I have no idea where you find all this energy, Annie. My word, did I have this much energy when I was your age? Sounds like you have a lot of fun things lined up for the next few days.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Wow, busyness abounds! :) Sounds mostly good though and I am glad to hear that the new church is working out. Hope you guys have a great weekend with all of the family coming in. Happy Early Birthday!!! :)

Rachel said...

Hey, Shorty
I just thought I would turn the tables on ya....lol!
I hope you have a very long and happy birthday on the ninth (or whenever). HOw's little Izzy's Bloody nose?
Jay and I are going to Duncan , OK to visit a friend the first week of September (are you close?). Then we'll head up to Belle Plan , KS.
You are one busy woman...sigh...you make me tired just thinking of it. ;-)
About the hair, if you got on my blog soon enough then you know I'm all for some new cut, color, or whatever...GO for it! I'm always for hair changes!!! How fun. Tell us what you decide
Rach

Constance said...

Long hair is so pretty, Annie ! I hope that you only maybe trim the ends !

Glad Church went well again, and that Amanda had a good attitude about going.

Is Izzy's nose still bleeding today ?

I love mexican food ! Enjoy Saturday night !

I posted a picture of me to see like you asked !

Sleep good tonight, and sweet dreams !

KC said...

you do have a busy weekend ahead of you, but it sounds like fun.

Enjoy your early birthday celebration.

Tori :) said...

I'm glad Amanda's attitude towards the new church changed somewhat!
And yes- you are spoiled. ;)