Thursday, August 2, 2007

fridays feast ... schmoozer... etc.

Appetizer

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how polite are you?

Probably a 7 or 8. I think sometimes because I am in a hurry I forget to always be polite, but I do try.

Soup
What was the last thing that made you laugh out loud?

My husband walking in from work singing, "Good morning Baltimore!" I should have never let him see Hairspray with us :o).


Salad
Who is your favorite cartoon character?

Probably Winnie the Pooh. He is just adorable. Oh bother.




Main Course

Tell about the funniest teacher you ever had.

Funniest as in haha would probably be Mrs. Calhoun who was my seventh grade english teacher. She had a short song for every instruction she taught. She was one of those teachers you think, "Is she for real?" and then you find out... yes, she is.

Dessert
Complete this sentence: I strongly believe that Izzy will walk.


My good friend Gail thought I deserved the schmoozer award. She's just the greatest gal in the words of a true schmoozer...

A schmooze award…….Schmoozing as defined by Dictionary.com is the ability to converse casually…. And I think with blogging it’s about making friends, being a friend, commenting and answering comments and having a welcoming blog. Thanks girls, y’all have all made me feel welcome.

I would definitely give this right back to Gail. She is a great bloggy friend who is quick to comment on my posts, and reply to my comments!

Her sister Stacy is quite the schmoozer as well!

Here's a few more of the best schmoozers I know...
K.C.
Kat
Nancy
Lauren
Mandalyn
Jodi
& Kim!

Thanks Gail!



Karolee is hosting the Proverbs challenge!
I love when bloggers join together to study God's word. All you have to do is read one chapter in Proverbs each day, by the end of August you will have read the whole book.



For those who have asked, Izzy's nose is fine now. I think it was just dry but it happened several times but she is nosebleed free now!

The jury is still out on the hair issue. I'm taking Bailey to get his locks trimmed next week. He has been growing out his hair all summer and thinks it is pretty cool. I am hoping a little trim will go a long way. Although I think he is cute with any hair style!

I'm so proud of the kids! Amanda has been so sweet and helpful, not even mentioning the church issue once. Bailey went out and did yard work without asking him to this afternoon. He just noticed that the yard needed to be mowed. It helps I'm sure that he is rewarded for his efforts, but still... I didn't even mention it!

I'm getting ready for our visitors tomorrow. I am making Pioneer woman's lasagna for dinner, but want to make something really good for breakfast and I did my favorite breakfast casserole the last two times I've seen them... so any ideas for something different but easy would be good. I don't want to stand in the kitchen cooking a big breakfast when we will be heading out for lunch pretty early. I may just zip over to Panera and get a bagel pack tomorrow. Good idea?

I went to bed earlier, started chapter one or lesson one of my new Beth Moore study "Believing God." Jenny suggested it was a good one and I needed something new to read. I mentioned it to Matt and he happened to be near a Mardels so he picked up a copy of the study guide and book for me. I usually just like the study books because the are so interactive, but I'm noticing this one has things left out that must be on the dvd or teacher's guide. I may have to read the book too... we'll see. I do love it so far! Thank for suggesting it Jenny. I am up now because Miss Isabelle will not go back to sleep. She was asleep and woke up so we are on the couch me blogging and her awake! I sure hope she gets sleepy soon because it is almost midnight (11:55) and I'm sleepy! So, goodnight (I hope)!

**updated**
It's 12:10 a.m. and guess who is snoring!!! So goodnight for real this time! YAY.

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love that Winnie the Pooh!

http://laurawilliamsmusings.blogspot.com/2007/08/friday-feast-154.html

Anonymous said...

My daughter works at Disneyland with ol winnie!! He is a cuddly bear!

Gattina said...

I had no funny teacher they all looked like attending a funeral !

Justabeachkat said...

Annie

I love all the Winnie The Pooh characters!

I'm glad you're doing the Proverbs Challenge too. I get all warm and fuzzy thinking about so many of us reading it together.

Congrats on getting the Schmooze Award! And thanks for passing it on to me! Wow.

I was happy to read that Izzy Bear's nosebleeds have stopped.

Let me know how Pioneer Woman's lasagne turns out. It sounded really, really good. Wish I could think of something to help you make for breakfast. It's late and I'm so sleepy now, I just can't think. Bagels always sound good to me though.

Let's both head to bed. It's late! Nighty nite!

Hugs!
Kat

Alice said...

Amen to your Dessert, Annie. Winnie IS cute! Thanks for serving a wonderful feast. Happy Friday!

Alison said...

I do like Winnie the Pooh - I had forgotten about him! I love your dessert! Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

Well, I never even thought of Winnie. I love him too! Great feast.

You are invited to my table.

Anonymous said...

Whooof!!! Interesting feastin'. Come see what I gots for food. Arf.

Melody said...

Great feast! Hey, I love Pooh too! :)

Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

I have not seen the movie Hairspray. If you husband is singing songs from it, maybe it is worth seeing. :-) Winnie the Pooh is cool. My cartoon character is a Disney character too. :-)

Jodi said...

Great Feast! Your soup was entertaining (and now I have that song in my head *wink*), we have the same salad, and I believe your salad will come true!!

A schmoozers eh? Thanks, got to get mine up now!

I'm going to join in on the Proverbs challenge as well.

Have a great Friday and weekend Annie!
♥ Jodi

Nancy Face said...

Dear Annie,
Here's a "novel" for you, tee hee! I loved everything on your feast, especially the soup and the wonderful dessert! And I would have loved having a teacher who would break into song...that's something I do all the time! :D

Before Lauren's boyfriend went on his mission to Madagascar, they used to love watching "The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh" together, and singing the songs and cracking up! :D

About Bailey's hair...some girls like longer hair on boys (whether it looks good on them or not!) and they make sure and tell them how cool they look! So the boys are pretty hesitant to trim off any of their coolness! Good luck, haha! I love that he mowed WITHOUT BEING ASKED! Something about boys pushing lawn mowers does my ♥ good! Zach is the lawn boy at our house, and he's very willing...when we ask! ;)

I'm so glad Izzy's nose is all better, and that she went back to sleep! Yay! :)

Have fun with your visitors! I'm off this morning for church GIRL'S CAMP! Yay, I'm excited! Have a great week! :)

Nancy Face said...

About the schmooze...was that ME you were talking about? If so, thanks so much! ♥

Susanna said...

Oh yes, I do like Winnie the Pooh. Is hair spray a good movie?
Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

"Good morning Baltimore" was one of the highlights of that movie for me. I played in for my hubby and told him to sing it to his passengers next time he landed in Baltimore...I wonder if he did...he was there yesterday :)

Anonymous said...

Pioneer Woman has some of the best recipes! I've got her bread pudding, tiramisu, and brisket on my menu this month. The lasagna looks awesome - my family just doesn't eat it, besides me.

Great feast!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Annie - Great feast and thanks for the schmoozer nod :) Hope you have a great time this weekend with your company. That lasagna looks good, let us know how it goes :)

Take care and have a wonderful weekend!!!

gail@more than a song said...

Good morning Annie, I hope you slept well!
Thanks for the shout out, you're so sweet.
I really want to see Hairspray, that's too funny that Matt is singing something from it!

I LOVED Believing God study of Beth Moore's! One of my favorites and the dvd's are really good too if you have access to them...I did it with my girls bible study group at church. But my daughter just read the book and she loved it, it might have some of the things that seem to be missing for you. It's a great one, can't say enough about it!

Anonymous said...

what a great Friday Feast. I believe Izzy will walk too :)

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about picking up a Beth Moore book. I've been reading her blog but have never done a study of/with her. I don't get into women's ministry much, so I've never known anything about her. But I love her blog!

HomeSchool Mommy said...

I didn't do the study guide, but I read that book. Very good, of course.

Glad Izzy's nose is better.

Knit-Wit said...

Thanks, Annie, for plugging the challenge. It's been fun to see people signing up. I'm glad you joined in.

jenny said...

I did a Beth Moore study a few years back. It was very good. I ought to get with that August challenge!! I was just remarking I am not in the Bible enough.

enjoyed your feast and writings about ahir and such. I am trying to figure out what i should guide my 11-y.o. into getting done to his very grown-out hair----before school starts! ;-)

Anonymous said...

LOL at your husband singing! Too funny!

Renee said...

Wonderful feast! I completely forgot Winnie the Pooh; he's one of the best. Your desert is wonderful too! Have a great weekend.

Kim said...

Gotta love Winnie the Pooh. Love him!

Great feast!

Mine is up...come on over.

Susan said...

You definately deserve the Schmoozer Award and all others too!!! I'm still laughing over the bunnies!!!!
Susan

Mitchypoo said...

Great feast! I love Winnie the Pooh too! I love your blog, it's so calming and soothing.

Robin Green said...

I need a good lasagna recipe--I may have to check that out. I have B's mom's recipe, but it takes forever and a day to make. I also need to buy a big lasagna pan. Ok--this is making me hungry--moving on...Believing God was an excellent study, you will enjoy it so much.. Anything by Beth is wonderful. Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

Great feast! Sure glad Izzy's nose is better.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your company!
BTW...if you think of it, maybe you can give a review of the Believing God Bible study when you've finished it.

KC said...

Great friday feast Annie.
Pooh is so cute. I'm so glad that Izzy is nobleed free and that Amanda is dealing with the church move better. How sweet of Baily to go out and mow the grass.
Thank you so much for the blogging award.. I would pass it right back to you if I could.