Friday, August 10, 2007

faith lift fridays













This is the day the Lord has made.
We will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24

I was driving my daughter Emelia who is nine years old to the Omniplex the other day. She had missed the church van because she overslept. She had been really looking forward to this church outing. I told her not to worry, I would drive her and find the group. She questioned me the entire drive to the city. "What if they won't let us in?, What if we can't find the group?" I heard these questions repeatedly and I replied, "It's going to be fine, I will take care of it."
After I said this the first time I smiled and immediately thought about God.
I imagine He thinks the same thing when He looks down at His children and sees us worry and question things, but He's got it covered!
That gave me a really peaceful feeling. Thank you God for that sweet reminder.
Encourage others and yourself!

Share a scripture, quote, devotional, lyrics, or anything that has blessed you and strengthened you in your faith. Visit Sheryl to sign up and share your faith!


12 comments:

Irene said...

Hello Annie,
This verse is one of my favorites in the Easter service.
Lovely parable. Yes, think of God when He sees us worrying. Or even when we question His love, or His very existence...I have published some excerpts from the Having a Mary Heart book on my post. Come on over!
Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Wishing you a year filled with joy.

Justabeachkat said...

Annie

Love this post. And I needed it today. I've been worrying myself over an issue and this is a very good reminder. Thanks.

Happy Friday.

Hugs!
Kat

Corrie said...

I'm glad your birthday was so wonderful! I love coconut cream pie too!
I think you are right about God...he must get so tired of us worrying on things that he's already done.
Good thought!
Have a great day, Annie!
Love,
Corrie

Jenny said...

Thanks for confirming the message in my quiet time this morning!

Anonymous said...

What a great post and perfect timing. I have alot on my *emotional* plate right now. I worry myself sick over things and keep hearing hurtful things from that past ... I need to remember to not let the worry overcome me. He has never failed me in the past, and I know He won't now.

Susan said...

This was a great post. We truly are His children!!
Susan

Dena said...

Ok - I LOVE FRIDAYS - That was JUST what I needed!!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post! I love how God uses our parental experiences to show us/remind us of His great love for us!
Have a blessed weekend!

palmtreefanatic said...

Beautiful Annie! Amen to that!

KC said...

Thanks for that beautiful reminder

A Captured Reflection said...

I nearly missed this post. I always check in on Saturday and miss the Friday encourager - I need to up my game! This was lovely though, I felt that sense of peace reading it too.

ZAM said...

thanks for the reminder..you're such a great mom.