Sunday, July 15, 2007

We're home!!!

Whew, it sure is good to be home! I'm pooped, and not really in a 'bloggy' mood, but I want to share our weekend with my friends so...

We got to Dallas Friday evening. Jane Ann (matt's sister) and her boyfriend Clay were waiting to go to dinner with us. Matt & Iz stayed back to rest up from the drive and me & Emelia went with them to Snuffers. Wow, can I just say they have the BEST cheddar fries on the planet? So good! We made a quick Target stop on our way back and then came home to get Iz to bed and then... I highlighted, colored, and cut Jane Ann's hair and put together the breakfast casserole for the morning. Guess what time I laid my head down on the pillow? 1:30 a.m.

Saturday morning we had casserole for bfast, it was yummy... then we started getting ready for the healing school. It was a really good day, the teaching by Thurman Scrivner was great as usual... maybe even better. When he first started teaching, Izzy does this 'thing' where she turns left and then laughs. We're not sure why. Anyway, she did... right after he started teaching/preaching. We were sitting on the back row and his wife was standing behind us organizing cd's etc. Well, she just kept on and was kinda loud. I don't know if I got embarrassed or what. (I didn't really feel embarrassed) but I noticed everyone turned to look at us and thurman said a short prayer and his wife was too. I was bawling... which is VERY uncharacteristic of me. I rarely cry. So, Matt is looking at me like, "what's wrong?" I pulled it together :o).
Then I left to feed Iz (went back to JA's house) and came back to find out that many people had come in and tried to sit by Matt because it was filling up but Thurman's wife (Sheryl) wouldn't let anyone have my seat. We stayed until it was over... 5:00 pm and then this woman came over and asked if I was from Florida. She said her daughter met someone on the internet that was bringing her child and wondered if I was that person. I quickly said that I wasn't from Florida. We went over to pray with Eldon (one on the ministry team) and I talked to her and her daughter again. The daughter's baby is in the hospital in Dallas and her other daughter had seen the healing school on my blog and suggested they go. They came! We finally put it all together and I even remembered the new blogger friend mentioning a sister in Dallas hospital. So, my first IRL blog encounter. So sweet, and I was so glad they were ministered to. We then prayed with Thurman and Sheryl. We came away strengthened in our faith and ready to fight the fight and stand on His word.

We were at the healing school until about 7:30 p.m. As soon as we got back JA, her bf, and Emelia were ready for mexican food! yay!
So we went to dinner. It was a great ending to a super day.

So, we're home! I didn't get a chance to do much but read emails yesterday and then today when Matt opened my laptop to read his devos he showed me that it was so easy to use JA's wireless dsl! ugh. Well, I'll know next time, although it was so busy I didn't get to play on the computer anyway.

Thanks guys, all your prayers really surrounded us this weekend and I appreciate it so much. Sorry Kat, no pics! I took a few with my phone at the healing school because Iz was sitting up like a big girl but haven't sent them over to the computer yet... and I forgot to take the digital camera. ugh :o).


Well, since Jenna already has her menu posted... I guess I'm off to excel to plan out my week's meals.

Love you guys~

16 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

So glad you're back safe and sound. Looking forward to hearing about the trip. Photos too, I hope.

Hugs!
Kat

Monkey Giggles said...

welcome back. Hope you had great time

Barb said...

How sweet that IRL meeting was, Annie. And I can tell by your excitement this was just a great weekend. I'm so glad. Glad you're back, too. :-)

-atomik kitten said...

Dallas every weekend??

Hey, how do you change the wording under Leave your comment? I'd like to change mine. Thanks. :) I started working about three weeks ago...hence why my TTT participation is spotty right now at best.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back! Sounds like it was a great, if hectic, weekend! Hope you get some good rest tonight before hitting the week running.

gail@more than a song said...

Glad y'all are back and had a good weekend! Sounds like you packed a lot into a short time, and doing hair again too!

Barb said...

I'm back to confess. I totally stole your Eva Cassidy song, Songbird. It brings tears to my eyes every time I come over here so I found it on YouTube and posted it. I'm bad. But you have to come over and see it - it's hysterical - there's not really a video but the music is there. LOL

By the way, I'm NOT that bad. I totally also you the credit. :-)

Joyful Days said...

I finally fell in the house tonight too. Glad your trip was good.

Still believing!

Julie

-atomik kitten said...

I am working at OU.

Sonya said...

Glad you are back safely and that you had a pleasant time. The encounter with the blogging person is pretty cool!

Marcia Francois said...

Annie, I'm so glad you had a great weekend! How cool that you got to meet a blogger in real life.

Your menu looks great by the way. You have it planned out in Excel???!!!! :-)

Michelle said...

what a busy weekend it sounds like you had! How fun that you had an IRL after all - and when you least expected it!

Rachel said...

Hey, Annie, It sounds like you had a great week with Family. I'm going to post sometime but today is CRAZY! Typical MONDAY house, which means a big cleaning day, and Babysitting 2 different times and an appointment to make in between times. And originaly I thought I planned things pretty good....what a laugh!?
Talk to you soon
From,
Cyber Shorty ;-p

Anonymous said...

Glad you're home again and that your trip went well. :o)

Robin Green said...

I'm glad you had such a nice weekend. How cool that you had an irl encounter. I've yet to have one of those--but am looking forward to it! I hope your week is a good one.

Becca said...

I came in from hanging clothes to an answering machine message from my Mom. She was thanking me for telling them about the school. They were so ministered to and blessed at the school. When I think of the strange road from Oklahoma to Florida to Dallas that got them there...I just think of how good God is!