Friday, July 13, 2007

off to dallas~

Well, we're off to Dallas this afternoon. I should be packing as I type (I'm a multi-tasker, but don't think even I could pull that off)... I am taking the laptop with us, but it's dial up so I'll probably just be checking email. We plan to return on Sunday evening.

I don't know if I mentioned that the other day (Wednesday I think) I ran errands and was specifically looking for a new bedding set for my room. I went to several places including Kohls. At Kohls I saw (while walking briskly by) a shirt/top that I passed on because it wasn't part of my shopping plan. But, I needed wanted something to wear while we are away... and I couldn't get that shirt out of my mind... so I figured if I went and actually tried it on I would hate it and then would have it out of my mind. See how rational I am? **on a sidenote, I was on the cell with Judi while shopping and had my bluetooth on (yes, Corrie... I know you hate them :o) So Judi shopped with me that morning ... it was tons of fun shopping with Judi!** Anyway, I did try that top on and I did hate it! yeah! So, I found a few others on the "clearance rack" and was so inspired by Gail's altering job on her daughter's top that I bought a dress that was on sale and thought would make a perfect top! I am 6'1" so shirts can sometimes be too short, although I am mostly legs :o)... So I got the dress, cut it and hemmed it and also got two other shirts really really marked down. For the price of the one ugly shirt I got three!!! and some earrings! Exciting stuff I know you would really be missing out if I didn't share that with you!

Anyway, most of all I just want to thank you all for lifting us up in prayer as we head out of town and let you know we are expecting great things!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like some great bargains...good for you!!
Have a wonderful, blessed weekend!

Anonymous said...

It's always fun to get good deals! Have a great time in Dallas!

gail@more than a song said...

Oh and on the clearance rack, even better! Yay, I'm glad you cut it off for a top...you MUST show us pics later when you get back!
Hope you have a great weekend Annie!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Wow, great shopping trip! I'm so incredibly jealous that you're able to sew and alter things. My sister Gail is and I can't even sew a button back on. I'm so glad you found some tops, and on clearance too, that's awesome. I hope they are just what you wanted for your weekend trip, and that you guys have a great weekend. Be safe!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Have a safe and wonderful trip!!

Jodi said...

The clearance rack and I are good friends! LOL

Have a great weekend in Dallas. Stay safe!

Be blessed!
♥ Jodi

A Captured Reflection said...

Have a great weekend in Dallas. Look forward to hearing all about it.

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip! I am impressed with your sewing skills. I can't sew anything!

Michelle said...

have a good trip to Dallas - can't wait to read the report when you get back :)

Anonymous said...

Have a good trip Annie! Give everyone hugs for me. P.S. I knew you would go back for the clothes! :)

Nancy Face said...

Yay for clearance racks and sewing skills...they come in sooo handy! I am also rather fond of thrift stores! Hope you had a nice trip! :)

Tori :) said...

Clearance makes everything better. :)
Prayers and hugs to you!

Sandra said...

Glad you ended up with 3 for the price of one ugly top LOL

You know I do that all the time, especially if I have a dress that has become too short or I just don't like it anymore, I make cute tops out of them :)

HOpe you have fun in Dallas.
Hugs,
♥Sandra

In Pursuit of His Call said...

Clearance racks are the best!!!

Blessings to you on your trip to Dallas...

Justabeachkat said...

I'm thinking of you this weekend. I'm expecting great things for Miss Izzy Bear.

Thanks for my sweet package! Love it.

Hugs!
Kat

Susan said...

We've been out of pocket and I'm just now catching up on blog reading. What is the song that plays (All alone) on this page and who is it by. I just love it.

Good job on the shirts. Glad the one was "ugly".
Susan

Justabeachkat said...

Hope your trip was good. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Stop by my blog when you get a chance...I've given you an award...come by and pick it up. :-)

Hugs!
Kat