Friday, July 20, 2007

a tag ~ 5 questions

Oh Amanda has tagged me for the 5 questions meme! I looked at the friday's feast questions this morning and decided to go ahead and do the tag rather than the feast questions... While I'm talking about Amanda, she also talks about igoogle on her blog. I worked on mine... you can add all kinds of things like daily scripture, dictionary, ebible, todo list, clock... and it has the google search bar at the top. You can also create a igadget.

I'm so sleepy this morning (If Matt is reading this he is saying, you are sleepy... I'm agreeing with you... thanks in advance Matt :o). He got two call outs during the night, one at midnight and one at three am. He was able to remotely handle the problems via the computer thank goodness but it was still a disruptive night's sleep.

We got our dates for Disneyworld... We leave Oct. 3, have a layover in st. louis, and then come home the 9th, with a layover in houston. I'm excited! It's really only about two months away.

Okay, here are my answers to Oh Amanda's questions:

1. What’s your favorite piece of furniture in your house & why?
This is easy! My bed. I love to sleep first of all, and my bed is a king sized big comfy bed. I had a tall four poster queen bed and we decided we needed a bigger bed... so I got the bed frame at ikea. It is pretty contemporary. But, I got the puffiest, prettiest, most cottagy bedding that makes it like a cloud. I love it.

2. Why does X stand for a kiss?
Okay Amanda... here in Oklahoma I think the X is the hug? XO is hugs & kisses... I have no idea who thought of this!


3. What’s your guilty pleasure website? You know, the one you might be embarrassed to tell us you visit every day!
I can't think of any! I used to check in about once a week on the show I mentioned in my other post spoilers... but not anymore. I've been known to play a few rounds of solitare or goldminer... or neopets for the kids if I am just sitting and getting iz to sleep or something... I wish I had something more interesting to embarrass myself with :o)

4. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to do hair ... I always played with everyone's hair and had lines of girls ready for their braids or whatever at camp. I still play hair, but now don't think that's all I want to do :o)

5. What did you do for your 16th birthday?
I had a party, at my house. I am amazed at these parties they have on MTV's sweet 16! What's up with that? I had a nice (special) party for Amanda, but nothing like those parties! Mine was (if I remember right) a make your own pizza bar, with the youth group from church and games outside like volleyball etc. Amanda is about to celebrate her 17th birthday! She has planned a really fun party... I'll tell ya'll about it later including pics of the invitations we made using hair spray bottles!


Fun questions! I've written five already or I would do it... I would probably do it again if I didn't just hear Izzy (awake now) and ready for her breakfast! Happy Friday!

18 comments:

Mandalyn said...

Good answers! We loved Disneyworld! I hope you have the best time. I didn't have a 16th party. My parents took me out to a fancy restaurant in Memphis(you have to be a member to get it--my dad's office had a membership). It was fun. They splurged on me. They had balloons tied to my chair. They brought out a dessert with "Happy Birthday 'Mandalyn'" written in chocolate and the pianist played Happy Birthday when they brought it out! It was special and I remember it vividly to this day! My mom was always into making memories! I can't wait to hear about Amanda's party plans!

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I am sure I didn't have a party on my 16th. My parents weren't very good about making things special like that. I just realized how sad that is. Anyway...no worries...I have my kids to look forward to doing many special things with! Good answers miss Annie.

Thanks for calling! I had just gotten of the phone with my sister having the "cancer talk" like for the millionth time so your call really lifted my spirits!

Justabeachkat said...

I love meme's 'cause we get to know more about each other. I enjoyed reading your answers.

I'm sleepy today too. I haven't been sleeping well lately....just another part of the fun besides the hot flashes :-)

Have a wonderful day.

Hugs!
Kat

Dena said...

Disney World is soooo fun - y'all are gonna have a BLAST!

And you are a hair guru - so everyone that knows you is blessed cause you are making them so pretty!

I can't wait to see Amanda's party stuff!

Anonymous said...

Fun! Thanks for playing! The X is the hug? Oh, you Okies! ;)

And you're going to Disneyworld? Oh, it's my absolute favorite! Have you been before? I'm a self-proclaimed Disney World guru.

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I'm all confused on the hugs and kisses :) How exciting about Disney!! My sweet 16 was a sleep over at my house with some girlfriends. Totally b.o.r.i.n.g. but my mom thought that it would be fun and my parents weren't into boy/girl parties. They tried and that's all that matters. I did get a car. But a Chevy Cavalier not a Benz like on those MTV shows (lol).

Barb said...

What a fun group of questions, Annie. Here in Colorado the X is the kiss. Boy, is it really the hug in OK? LOL

I'd be excited about Disney World too. Do you know, I've never been there. You'd think I'd spent my life in a cave or something. Sigh.

Can't wait to see the photos from THAT trip!

Robin Green said...

I'm afraid the X is the kiss around here too, Annie.
If I weren't going to be in Gatlinburg when you are going to be in Orlando, I would go to St Louis, and meet you during your layover. We enjoyed Disney.
I like your bed a lot--it looks a lot like my friend's.
I'm headed North for a week. Talk to you soon.

My Trendy Tykes said...

X is kiss here also!
I don't know what I would do without my KING size bed either!

going to check out igadget now.

Linda

Anonymous said...

We are going in September. I wondered if we might overlap at all, but I guess not. You all are going to have such a wonderful time!

~Pam~ said...

Hi Annie!
I think the x is a kiss here as well. I always get mixed up on that x and o stuff. lol
Disneyworld is so much fun! I know you will have a a blast.
Take care, have a super blessed weekend.

Constance said...

Annie,
You took me of of your blogroll.
Ouch.
I wish you well.
Loving Annie

Susanne said...

A king size bed sounds like heaven. Unfortunately, I'd have to either get rid of nightstands which is storage, or build out my bedroom. So for now I have to live with my little dog who hogs the whole darn bed! ;vD

Isn't that funny how you loved to play with hair from way back when you were little?

Looking forward to Amanda's party pics.

KC said...

Great Answers.. I loved reading this.. how fun
I hope you get to sleep though the night tonight and not have to get up with phone calls.

Stop by my blog I have given you two awards. :)

Susan said...

Great read Annie. How exciting about Disneyworld!!!
Susan

Haley said...

How exciting about Disneyworld! I think it's also cool that you have a layover in Houston, I guess only b/c I'm an hour from there! :-) I agree with you about the bed thing also, it is my very favorite place, especially after my cold this week!

Haley

Jenny said...

My fave furniture in our house is my king size bed, too!! :) And we'll be at the beach when you're headed to DW! I'm glad we're vacationing together, so I won't miss anything!
And X has always meant a kiss to me ??!!

Anonymous said...

X is the Kiss everywhere I've been, LOL. I always remember because the O is like arms wrapping around you. :o)