Friday, July 20, 2007

faith lift fridays

Encourage others and yourself. Share a favorite scripture, devotional, quote, hymn...whatever has strengthened your faith and encouraged your heart.

Don't forget to grab the button and link back to this post.


I ordered this 'daily bread' a while back from dayspring. After reading stories of people having these for 50 years and how much it was a part of their evening meal I thought it was really a special thing. We have already been enjoying reading a verse before our meal. Matt and I will pull a scripture out and leave it sideways in front for each other to look at.
Scripture for today:
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self–control. Against such things there is no law." Galations 5:22-23


Thanks Sheryl for hosting faith lift fridays!

12 comments:

Christi said...

Good Morning, Annie! I've put up my first Faith Lift Friday - I saw yours last week & decided to join in too. I can't sign her Mr. Linky, though. :-(

Anyway, love yours this week! Hope you're having a great morning!

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Dear Annie,

Love the post! I have joined too this is such a wonderful thing to be able to uplift others in our Lord.

Smiles and Blessings,

Angel ():)

Anonymous said...

Oh I must get one of those!

Justabeachkat said...

I've never seen one of thse before. What a nice tradition to start!

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely tradition, Annie...and the card-holder is perfect!
Have a blessed weekend,
Sheryl

KC said...

That is such a cool idea and what a cute card holder.

Tori :) said...

How neat!! I think that's a really cool idea.

Anonymous said...

Annie,

I love that you and Matt pull the scriptures and share them with each other. I especially love todays scripture about the fruit of the Spirit. It is such an important reminder that we have love, joy, peace, patience, etc... in our lives as a result of what God has done in us.

Have a great weekend!

DJ

Robin Green said...

I have my mom's. It's special to me.

Susanne said...

Wow, I wish I would have known of these years ago. What a lovely way to bring up discussion of God's word around the family dinner table.

Renee said...

Wow! I had forgotten about this but we had one when I was growing up and I remember picking out versus and going over them at our dinner table. Thanks for sharing this! It brought back many good memories!

palmtreefanatic said...

these are great! I remember doing this when we were kids, my mom got them....I think I may get them
thanks for the reminder and memory:)