Saturday, July 7, 2007

weekend reflection~








Family~

  • I finally updated Izzy's blog :o).
  • We enjoyed the fourth of July!
  • Matt's best friend from high school (& his family) showed up unannounced today and spent the afternoon visiting and catching up. They hadn't spoken in four years... they didn't know about Izzy's accident.
  • We are expecting GREAT things for Izzy! EXPECTING.

…he [Jesus] was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.

Isaiah 53:5

  • We've been working Izzy really hard this week, lots of therapy, lots of standing, she's a trooper! Swimming is great for her, so after our visitors left...

Bailey & Emelia
Emelia & Izzy
Bailey

Izzy with Emelia

Matt helping Izzy float
Amanda (she didn't swim with the group) she went to a work day at church...
Kitchen~
  • I made the BEST fettucine alfredo with artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms and grilled chicken (and garlic) I have ever had in my life! YUM. It wasn't diet food, but I didn't eat a lot of it!
  • I posted my recipe for spinach dip that I made for the fourth of July here.
  • Cleaned out the new fridge today! It still looks new, yea!
Blogville~
  • Thank you Jenna and Karen for the blogger reflection award! You two are such an encouragement to me!
  • Thank you Dena for the rockin' girl blogger nomination!
  • Speaking of Jenna, I got to talk to her IRL on the phone on the fourth of July!
  • I got good mail!!! Thanks Jenny for the cd, goodies & the sweetest card!
  • I also got this great soap (lemongrass) and a awesome smelling candle from an unannounced contest on Sheryl's blog! Thanks Sheryl!
  • AND I got the recipe cards from Barb's daughter's wedding favors that I kinda won.
    Thanks Barb!
Blessings~
  • forgivness
  • sunshine
  • family
  • health
  • fun mail
  • phone calls from friends
  • YOU!

Thanks Judi for hosting weekend reflections!

29 comments:

Tori :) said...

I always enjoy your weekend reflections. :( LOVE the swimming pics. You have a beautiful family. :)

Jodi said...

She will be healed indeed!! Your family is beautiful Annie!

Be blessed!
♥ Jodi

Mandalyn said...

I'm glad you had such a great week! I wish we lived closer so I could have tried your alfredo! I absolutely love pasta--especially alfredo!

I love the pictures of your family swimming--especially Izzy!

How fun to get "happies" in the mail! I love that! Coach Jenny is a great girl! Jenna is too! I'm glad ya'll got to talk on the phone--I know that was fun!

I hope your next week is as good as the last!!

Love,
Mandalyn

Mandalyn said...

BTW, Amanda looks so much like you. I'm sure you've heard that before! She's beautiful like her mom!

Justabeachkat said...

I'm so glad I came back tonight. It's great to hear what's been going on.

Oh wow...love the photos of your family. Beauitiful...the family and the photos!

Hugs!
Kat

Sonya said...

What a wonderful week you had! I love reading about your weekends because they are always so full of family, God, and love! I love the picture of Emelia and Izzy and also your hubby and Izzy. You have a beautiful family!

Kim said...

What a beautiful post, Annie. The pictures are just lovely--especially the ones of Izzy. What a beautiful and well loved little girl!
*smiles*
Kim

Anonymous said...

Such great pics!! Thanks for sharing!
I always enjoy your weekend reflections...thanks for sharing those, too :)
Have another blessed week!

Nancy Face said...

Your pictures were so precious! :)

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Sounds like a wonderful week! Hope you're planning on posting the fettucine recipe :) The pictures are gorgeous. I love the one of Izzy and Emelia. That one is so precious! You have a special family, Annie! I hope you have a blessed week ahead.

Robin Green said...

Wonderful pictures, Annie! You posted a picture of Matt. You are blessed with a terrific family.
I was looking real hard at the picture of the cd that Jenny sent to see which one it was--I think I know though. Have a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

I love your weekly recaps! And the pics of the kids in the pool are great!

OKGardners said...

Great pictures and update on your week. Izzy seems to really love being in the water with family. She is so much improved. Praise the Lord!

Betty & Ed

Marcia Francois said...

Hi Annie

You do publish a full feed! It’s somewhere in the blogger settings under feeds.

Your pictures are GORGEOUS!!!! Love all the pool pics but my favourite is the first one of Izzy & Emelia. Beautiful - every time I go back and look it makes me smile. She is healed!!!

Fettucine alfredo is my favourite pasta!!! Please post your recipe so I can try. I try to do a weigh-less one with fat-free milk & cottage cheese and it is good but I'm always looking for good (easy) recipes which I adapt to make healthy.

And YOU are one of my highlights of the week!

Constance said...

Wonderful pictures, Annie ! What a beautiful family you have !

Susanne said...

Love the pool pictures, especially the one of the two girls. Precious.

Okay, now how can you make my mouth water with the alfredo mention with artichokes and then NOT post a recipe?!! Share, girl, share!

Anonymous said...

Oh Annie! The pictures are beautiful, just beautiful! :o) Glad y'all ahd a nice week!

Anonymous said...

I am sure they have their moments, but your kids obviously love each other so much!

Susan said...

You have lovely children. Enjoyed the swimming pictures.

Anonymous said...

Great week! I finally posted and put up the Mr. Linky. :)

I love the pictures. Your little family is so beautiful and precious!

By the way, let me say again, Izzy IS healed. Just waiting on that manifestation. ;)

Call me!

KC said...

I love your weekend refecttions. The pics in the pool are wonderful. Looks like a great time was had by all.

nancy said...

What a great week. Your family is so sweet.... Happy weekend

dquiggles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Haley said...

The pictures of your family are just gorgeous! I really like your new picture too!

I'm glad you had a wonderful week!

Haley

Michelle said...

what a great recap of your week! I love the pics of Izzy and Emelia in the pool - how sweet!

Nesting Momma said...

so sweet! Thanks for sharing your week with us. Our family did a lot of swimming too this week! Fun, fun

gail@more than a song said...

Great weekend recap Annie! I love the pics; I think it's the first one I've seen of Matt, you have a beautiful family. And I think maybe Amanda looks like you too.

Jenny said...

Well, you've got a handsome man!! :) I don't think I've ever seen a recent pic of Matt. Hope you've gotten to listen to that cd--it's awesome--at least I think so, and you get to hear some southern slang! :) That triangle thing is a book mark for the corner of your page, in case you were wondering, but you're really smart, and probably already figured that one out. It took me awhile! :)
I am agreeing with you! Izzy is healed and have been praying with the expectation of seeing pics on your blog :) I love you!

In Pursuit of His Call said...

"I made the BEST fettucine alfredo with artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms and grilled chicken (and garlic) I have ever had in my life! YUM. It wasn't diet food, but I didn't eat a lot of it!"

Good practice of self-control :)

Thanks for sharing your spinach dip recipe. I love spinach dip and so I'm headed there now to check it out and save it to my faves!