Saturday, July 7, 2007

diet devo ~ day twenty-eight

"He will send help from heaven to save me, rescuing me from those who are out to get me. Interlude My God will send forth his unfailing love and faithfulness."
Psalm 57:3

There are going to be days when we feel like we just can't do it.
Everywhere we turn there's another temptation,
another chance to blow it.
Occasionally we might even give in, but that's no reason to give up.
Part of being human means we won't succeed every time we try something. That's okay.
When we find ourselves in situations where we give in,
that is when we need to call on God,
asking for forgiveness, strength, and determination.
God will send forth His mercy & truth, and we will be able to pick up
where we left off and do even better the next time.

Today's thought:
Losing one battle doesn't mean I've lost the war.

8 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

I love these devotionals, but miss "hearing" from you personally these last few days. Is all well? Hope so.

Hugs!
Kat

Jenny said...

I'm with Kat up there. Doing some battle up/over there, my friend? I'm praying on this special day.

Karen said...

It does seem a bit quiet over here. Hope you're just busy, busy with summer stuff like the rest of us.

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Thanks for the devo. I feel like I'm losing the battle, but thanks for the reminder that I haven't lost the war :) My heart just into it lately. Maybe after my sons birthday hoopla is over I can get my mind back into it.

Susan said...

Trust all is well both generally and with the diet. Been missing your words.
Susan

Special K ~Toni said...

Losing one battle doesn't mean I've lost the war~ I need to remember that more!

Thought I would stop by and say hello since we both signed up for Tori's Good Mail!

Special K Family

Melanie said...

I need to remember that- "Losing the battle doesn't mean I've lost the war." So often when I mess up, I think I should just give up.

In Pursuit of His Call said...

Great post...Not just for the eating battle, but for any battle or temptation we face in life...