Friday, July 6, 2007

diet devo day twenty-seven

"For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace."
Romans 8:6

Sometimes we use scare tactics to get children to do what they should do
and avoid things that are bad for them.
By the time we're adults, we have forgotten the lessons we were taught as children.
There is nothing of any lasting good to be gained from overeating.
We need to turn away from what we know is bad, to something better.
We need to take seriously the consequences of gluttony, and turn toward God,
who will help change our ways.

Today's thought:
I must set my mind on more important things than food.


7 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Another good one! Thanks!

BTW...love your new photo. I'm wanting to update mine too, but I'm having trouble doing it :-(

Hugs!
Kat

Mandalyn said...

I love your new profile picture! It is a beautiful picture of you!

Overwhelmed! said...

Great post! I love the part about "turn away from what we know is bad, to something better". Perfect!

I love your new profile picture too!

Melanie said...

How true! I just finished snacking and I ate way too much. I wasn't even hungry before I decided to have a snack. Now I feel guilty for stuffing my face and sick to my stomach.

Gattina said...

Most of the adults have forgotten that they had been children before and yes food is not everything in life it's just a mean to survive.
Thanks for your comment !

Susan said...

Love your new side bar picture!!
Susan

Karen said...

This is very straight-forward. I needed to hear this today! I will set my mind on more important things than food.

Love your new pic!