Sunday, July 8, 2007

diet devo ~ day twenty-nine

"Get rid of your sins and leave all iniquity behind you. Then your face will brighten in innocence. You will be strong and free of fear."
Job 11:14-15

A vegetarian friend of mine went to a party and was handed a plate filled with wonderful appetizers. He selected one, took a bite, and then - to everyone's surprise he threw the remainder across the room with all his might. He stood with a stunned and bewildered look on his face. The appetizer had been filled with meat and his immediate reaction was to throw it as far away as possible. I think of that whenever I am tempted to grab something to eat that I shouldn't have. In my mind I have to throw it far away acting like it is something terrible so I won't give into the temptation.

Today's thought:
I will put far away anything that tempts me today.

Sorry this is late tonight...
Here's Izzy in her jammies (& sozo sleep shirt) ready for bed! Goodnight!

8 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

I had to chuckle over this devotional. I'll try to remember that one. LOL

Love the photo is Izzy Bear. So sweet.

BTW...hope you don't mind. I tagged you for a restaurant meme.

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

That Izzy is so precious. I just want to love on her.

Kim said...

Good night sweet Izzy and sweet Annie
*smiles*
Kim

Arlene said...

I love those pj pants!! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Throwing the food...it's like Joseph & Potiphar's wife! You could try running away from food and get your exercise in, too! :)

Barb said...

Oh Amanda's comment cracked me up. Good point! I love Izzy's shiny pj pants. She's so precious.

Becca said...

Definitely sounded like fleeing from temptation. The vegetarian response must have been a real party-stopper. Wow.

Tori :) said...

I crave things for sure, but I just don't bring it into the home. Keep the temptations OUT!