Friday, July 13, 2007

diet devo ~ days thirty four & thirty five

for friday
And now, all glory to God, who is able to keep you from stumbling, and who will bring you into his glorious presence innocent of sin and with great joy. Jude 24

There was a girl named Jennifer who was always getting into trouble because she couldn't say no. She had no resistance to any temptation. Then she met Beth. Beth was able to be a voice of reason and common sense for Jennifer. Jennifer knew that if she was tempted, Beth would get her through. Jesus Christ can be to us what Beth was to Jennifer; He can be our voice of reason. Whenever we feel ourselves being tempted, we need to turn toward Him. He is able to keep us from falling. When we find ourselves too weak to handle a situation, we can rest assured that Jesus is indeed strong enough.

Today's thought: Jesus can keep me on the right track!


_______________________________________________________
for Saturday

Though our hearts are filled with sins, you forgive them all. Psalm 65:3

I remember trying to fly a kite at the beach once. I would run as hard as I could in the sand, and it felt like I wasn't getting anywhere. I couldn't run fast enough to keep the kite in the air. Often dieting feels the same way. The harder we try, the farther we seem from our goal. It really doesn't seem worth all the effort it takes. However, we need to hold on. When I tried to fly my kite, a sudden gust of wind came and took it high in the sky. The Holy Spirit of God comes to us just like a gust of wind, helping us reach our goals and making the result worth the effort.

Today's thought: Jesus will give us the extra lift we need to lose weight!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good morning fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I was digging as far as something that singular brand. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers are about 210 bucks everwhere. But definitively I set this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order them. what is your opinion?