Friday, July 13, 2007

faith lift friday ~ You Are Only As Big As Your Dreams


• Fear only sees the mountain. Faith sees the mountain mover.

• Fear always sees the problem. Faith only sees the promise.

• Fear says, "Your dreams will never come true." Faith says, "My God is the Dream Maker, and my dreams will come true."

• Fear always says, "No." Faith says, "Yes."

• Fear always sees God's fist clenched tightly. Faith always sees God's hand open.

• Fear always sees God's hand withdrawn. Faith always sees God's hand extended.

• Fear always says, "Give up." Faith says, "Never give up."

• Fear says, "Quit." Faith says, "Don't quit."

• Fear says, "You can't make it." But Faith says, "You're going to make it!"

• Fear says, "You're sick, your dream of being healed will never come to pass." Faith says, "By His stripes I am healed."

Fear cannot exist in the presence of faith. The greatest antagonist that fear has is faith.

Encourage others and yourself! Share a scripture, quote, devotional, lyrics, or anything that has blessed you and strengthened you in your faith. Then head over to Sheryl's and sign up &/or see more!

15 comments:

ann said...

What a great comparison! I'm thankful that I live in faith!
annb

KC said...

Thanks for sharing this, I shared a bit on fear and faith today also.
Happy Friday.. Have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

LOVED this post! Hope you have a fantastic trip missy!

Justabeachkat said...

Love this post. So true. We need to build up our Faith so Fear can't take over.

Have a safe and wonderful trip.
Thinking and praying for you.

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

Annie,

This is so good! Thanks for sharing with us. It is so true that when we are faced with fear we can not truly see the one who can deliver from the fear. It is so important to keep our eyes focused on Jesus!

Many blessings!

DJ

KarenW said...

This is the second Faith Lift I've read on fear. I think the Lord is saying something to me! Thanks so much for sharin.

Anonymous said...

Oh! The Lord has sooo been speaking to me through all these beautiful posts for FLF's! This is another one I'm sharing with my guys...thanks, Annie!!
Have a blessed trip!

A Captured Reflection said...

Yes, yes, brilliant!

Jenileigh said...

Annie this meant alot to me. I was once a prisoner to fear. How true this is. And how gorgeous, thank-you!

gail@more than a song said...

Good stuff Annie! It reminds me of something Don has taught and told us in sunday school several times before....Fear is having greater faith in your enemy than in God.

Tori :) said...

Great post Annie! Thanks!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I loved this! It is so optimistic.

In Pursuit of His Call said...

Thanks for the encouraging post!!!

Susanne said...

I loved this Annie. Do you mind if I print it out for myself to tuck into my bible?

ZAM said...

thanks ...it seems i've been visiting your blog a lot these past few days.

God bless