Tuesday, July 10, 2007

diet devo ~ day thirty-one!

"Evil people get rich for the moment, but the reward of the godly will last."
Proverbs 11:18

It seems too easy to cheat on a diet.
There are so many good things to eat, and it doesn't seem to hurt anything to cheat just a little. The problem is when we convince ourselves it is okay, we never seem to draw the line and a little cheating turns into a lot of cheating.
When we lie to ourselves, we find ourselves in big trouble.
It is much better to do what we know is right, and avoid the things we know will cause us trouble. When we stick to our diets, we can expect nothing but rewards.

Today's thought:
There's no such thing as cheating just a little!

2 comments:

A Captured Reflection said...

How is the dieting going Annie, are you finding your devotions a good source of encouragement and inspiration? I've been on my diet since Jan 10th, so no idea what day I am on now - all good, have lost 20kg (42lb), but this week with worrying about my Dad, saw me feel like wavering for the first time, wanting to munch away at chocolate. I have overcome many other potential triggers this year to date, but this was one where I felt that want for edible comfort. Had one day I wasn't so inspired with and am back with the programme, exercising and holding on to my 'rock', my Lord. It's surprising how deep these issues go isn't it?

Dena said...

I am loving the diet devos! And they are always so full of great lessons!