Saturday, June 23, 2007

weekend reflection~










Family~

  • Amanda is home! She had a wonderful trip and took lots of pictures... you can see a few of them here.
  • It's been a good week, everyone is healthy & happy!
  • Izzy had bear on Monday and summer school on Wednesday.
  • I enjoyed our visit with Matt's mom and aunt this weekend. They spent the night Friday night.
  • I have been planning to get in Emelia's room and really organize it ... we made some headway this week which is wonderful and have plans to organize some little things this week. It feels great to have this almost finished.
  • Izzy continues to use the potty for #2, I know tmi, but it is big news and it is two weeks now!
kitchen~
  • I stuck to my menu this week. The chicken spaghetti worked well for our guests Friday night. Have I mentioned lately that I love my crockpot?
  • I made the breakfast casserole for breakfast Saturday morning. It is great for company too. I use jalapeƱo cheese bread from the bakery at walmart and canadian bacon. It literally takes five minutes to put together the night before and then you just pop it in the oven and voila... breakfast!
  • Mom also surprised me by making a big batch of cinnamon rolls, she has been given many awards for her cinnamon rolls. Matt's family jokingly suggest that she puts some kind of drug in them because they are too good to pass up. (Mom would never drug her rolls btw)...
  • Dad brought me a bucket full of new potatoes from his garden that we have really been enjoying. I love little new potatoes!
blogville~
  • Debi and I are trying to figure out how to have a bloggy baby shower for Carrie...
  • I got to talk to Judi on the phone, that girl is a southern girl for sure... it was so much fun to visit with her!
  • I got some goodmail off again. It's fun to send things out.
  • I also found more diet devo books. Kahri, Jenileigh, Kim and Jenny (coachj) I have a book for each of you!
blessings~
  • The blessing of walking in divine health.
  • bubble yum
  • uplifting spiritual teachings
  • izzy's toothless grin
  • family
  • friends
  • I sit here typing this list... and I have to pause and say that Izzy has been pretty high maintenance today. With company here, running around trying to keep everything in order etc. she let me know all day that my attention was needed by her and her alone. I got a little frustrated by this evening. I just glanced over at her... sitting right beside me, she has drifted to sleep. She is so precious and beautiful and all those feelings of frustration are instantly washed away and I'm left with deep thanksgiving for her life and love for her. We came so close to losing her forever just three short years ago, God gave us another chance with her and I thank God for her precious life.
  • prayers of faith
  • YOU!

My southern belle friend Judi is our host for weekend reflections, you can visit her to participate and to see others...

On another note... any suggestions for ttt?

20 comments:

Robin Green said...

I'm so glad that Amanda made it safely home, and that she had a great time. I'm also very proud for you of Izzy--that is wonderful--and nice for you too, I'm sure. I am going to make your breakfast casserole sometime--maybe the next time I have company. I hope that's down the road a bit!!! I'm tired. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Anonymous said...

You always make me so happy. I am so glad DD had fun on her trip. I need to do the good mail. I need the upbeat and to feel like I am doing nice things. You are such a inspiration.

palmtreefanatic said...

you are so blessed! enjoy your day!

Susan said...

Annie - You absolutely have to be one of the sweetest, most gentle bloggers. I am glad I found you.
((hugs))
Susan

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Sounds like a wonderful week! I'm hungry for cinnamon rolls now :)

Constance said...

Good Sunday morning Annie !

All this talk of chicken spaghetti and crock pots and cinnamon rolls is making me hungry !

Even the best of babies/kids can be high maintenance sometimes -- it's not easy being a Mom, no matter how much you love them.

That is a sweet idea to throw a cyber-shower for Carrie and newborn Levi !

*Hugs*

Mandalyn said...

Yours sounds like a good week and weekend! Izzy sounds so wonderful and sweet! I love the picture of her toothless grin!

Have a great Sunday!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had such a nice week, Annie. Sounds like your kiddos have had a good summer so far and that everyone returned home just fine! :o)

Those cinnamon rolls sound super good! Mmmmmmmmm!

Your last little note about your frustrating day with Izzy was just beautiful! You are just the sweetest soul and a wonderful mommy!

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy your weekend reflections!
Like everyone else, those cinnamon rolls sound yummy...but so do the new potatoes! :)
Sounds like your weekend was hectic, hope you are blessed with a little "mom down-time" this week.
(((HUGS)))

Marcia Francois said...

Oh, forgot to say... I thought of you too (for the rockin' girl thing) and then I saw you were given it too, so better to spread the love elsewhere.

I'm so glad Amanda had a good time. What did she say about the boys hitting on her????

I also like what you said about Izzy and that you're grateful for divine health! I am too! My husband was grumpy today and I said, please just go volunteer with underprivileged people so you can start getting cheerful again :)

Now, when are you going to post the recipe for those cinnamon rolls? you know I love anything cinnamon - I am crazy... I saw a nice recipe on Pioneer Woman but it makes a gazillion and we're only 2 here so that is crazy.

Kim said...

What a great post Annie. I agree--you seem so gentle in spirit and you are so encouraging. I am menu planning right now and came on 'over' to look for your chicken spaghetti recipe. :) More to you later--
Kim

Anonymous said...

Great reflection. I know you get frustrated but it's so wonderful how all that gets "washed away". What a precious gift you have in Izzy. :) Uh...tell me where to order that diet devo book girl!

Love ya!

KC said...

I'm glad Amanda is home safe and sound and that she had a great time. I"m heading over to see some of her pics, right after I post this comment. Sounds like over all you had a great week and this is a wonderful relection.

Sara said...

Idea for TTT, our very first concert. Our first trip without parents ( as in holiday ) The first time we fell in love...
I am not sure if you have done any of these already tho.

Peculiar Blogs said...

oh I love reading your weekend reflections. You are so blessed and such a blessing! You have such a sweetness about you. And thank you so much for the diet devo book!! :-)

Debi said...

Just had to say how you left me in tears. You have a way of exuding love and joy, Annie!

Michelle said...

I liked how you described your blessings and talked about getting frustrated w/Izzy wanting attention and then watching her sleep later. I've felt like that many a time with Kayla!

In Pursuit of His Call said...

Aren't children such precious gifts from the Lord? Yet, I can relate to your frustration when they need so much from Mommy in a day and you just don't have the patience (or strength anymore). I thank God for His forgiveness because I fail in patience so many times, but He is gracious to remind me of His patience in us and also gracious to remind me of the forgiveness we have because of the sacrifice He made for us. I'm so glad that we can look upon our children as such precious gifts and what a wonderful way to remind us that we ought to love them because they are gifts from God!

Jenny said...

Wha-hoo!!! Here's a post where my name is mentioned in the same sentence with that good devo book!! I know this is a year where God is breaking some strongholds off my life, and food is one of them. Thank you so much for posting these devos and sending one to me. I pray extra blessings on you for the Truth you are pouring into my life!

Jenny said...

Oh, and hurry up and figure up how to do a baby shower for Carrie!