Sunday, June 24, 2007

day fifteen ~ diet devo

"For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him. In this you have done foolishly; therefore from now on you shall have wars." II Chronicles 16:9

My grandfather always said to me, "you plant your field, you have to harvest it." We made ourselves overweight, and we either have to live with it or work to change it. It is foolishness to over indulge, but that doesn't stop us from doing it. Anyone who is overweight knows well that we have to pay for our foolishness. True wisdom comes from God. When we decide that enough is enough, that it is the time to lose weight, we can know God can help us, especially through the toughest times. All we need to do is ask. God is looking for ways to help us, but He always waits until His help is invited. Don't hesitate. Call upon the Lord, and He will hear you.

Today's thought: If we turn from our foolishness, God will bless us!

9 comments:

Marcia Francois said...

Hi Annie

That's about all I got done and now I'm off to bed - it's 10.14pm here. I typed an article tonight and it took a lot longer (Looks like I had a lot to say :) ) so I didn't even get to work on another project or do Weekend Reflection - that I will do tomorrow.

This diet devo reminds me of something Sherman Owens said once when he visited our church - if you pick up one end of the stick, you pick up the other. You eat the doughnut, you're going to get fat. Aaah yes :)

I was good today - I didn't bake anything so no sweet eating :)

I was thinking - we should make a time and chat for 5 - 10 mins in my chat room. Because I was clearing emails and found many (including THE QUESTION) that have not gone through to you! V frustrating

Lolly said...

I just read your recipe for the Breakfast Casserole and it looks so good and SO fattening. All of your recipes, especially the cheesecake are making me hungry :)

Justabeachkat said...

Wow...how very true.

I'm sooooo enjoying these devotionals. Thanks again for posting them.

Hugs!
Kat

Sonya said...

Great devotional! I need to come back and read this one often! I think you just inspired me to work harder with my dieting next week!

Kim said...

Wow! and Ouch! and Oh-So-True! But why oh why does that donut always seem to be calling my name when I walk in the store? My Alberson's now has a small donut case right in front as you walk in. Makes me angry. Thanks for posting this--I need to figure out what diet-y kind of lunch to pack for tomorrow. :)
*smiles*
Kim

Kim said...

Me again, Annie. Here is the shrimp recipe... I actually got it off of Barb, Mom's Fridge blog:

http://sfomomfridge.blogspot.com/2006/11/shrimp-fried-rice.html

I add fresh grated carrots, chopped celery, waterchestnuts, baby corn, fresh bean sprouts, and chopped up snap peas to mine instead of the frozen veggies. OH, and I used chicken because even the mention of the word shrimp causes my Sam to break down in tears and gags!:) The sesame oil really makes this recipe for me--oh and I sprinkled some cashews and roasted sesame seeds on top of ours.
Enjoy...
*smiles*
Kim

Lolly said...

Yes Annie, there is something funny about reading about diet devo and cream and cream cheese:)

I am enjoying the diet devo.

Peculiar Blogs said...

our Pastor said yesterday (talking about spiritual growth) you are ALWAYS growing. Either growing hotter or colder in the Lord. And I realized that we are always growing in another way too...healthier or more unhealthy. I have to choose which way! Thank you for posting this!

Disney for Boys said...

Great devo! I am also on a "Getting Healthy" journey! I post my wieght loss journey on tuesdays I hope you dont mind if I link to your devos for others to enjoy also!

Blessings,
Tiany