Saturday, June 23, 2007

diet devo ~ day fourteen

Good Saturday morning! Matt's mother and aunt Jane Ellen spent the night last night. I had breakfast casserole ready this morning and mom's famous cinnamon rolls - YUMMY stuff.
The whole gang (minus me :o) just went for a swim and I had time to shower ... It's going to be a busy day with the visitors and then church after they leave. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

"For the righteous Lord loveth righteousness; His countenance doth behold the upright."
Psalm 11:7

Don't let self-pity become part of your diet. It's very easy to feel sorry for yourself when you diet. First, you feel bad because you're overweight. Then you feel bad because of all you have given up. You feel badly because other people don't seem to understand what you're going through. They get to eat as they please. All of these things can make dieters feel extremely sorry for themselves. Take heart. God knows what you're going through, and He is delighted that you care so much about yourself. It is right and good to want to lose weight. Whenever we try to do what we think is right, God supports us completely. Replace self-pity with the blessed assurance that God is on your side.

Today's thought: Dieting is no reason for self-pity!

8 comments:

Peculiar Blogs said...

Uh Oh, does the writer KNOW me? I love "God is delighted that you care so much about yourself."

Thanks again!

Justabeachkat said...

Wow...your breakfast sounds soooo yummy, but hey I'm trying to stick to my low carb diet. You're giving me mixed messages - yummy stuff and then a diet devotional. LOL!

Just kidding, I know when you have company in the house, you gotta fix something good.

I hope you're enjoying their visit and you're all having fun.

I really liked the devotional today. Very true!

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

and I am on a high protein diet! what luck to find such a wonderful breakfast dish! I will have to make it; but not this weekend as my vegon granddaughter will be around and I wouldn't want her to get sick just thinking about it!

Robin Green said...

We're really trying! We just got back from seeing Nancy Drew. Very cute. We broke from the "no spending", because desperate times call for desperate measures. We had to get out of the house. My dad ended up paying for over half of it. Now my dad has his wife out riding B's four-wheeler. I thought I would say "hi" back at you. You are funny!

Mandalyn said...

Wow! Cinnamon rolls--those sounds great!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the devotional book! I really needed a "happy" in the mail and there it was! Also, thank you for the beautiful keychain and bookmark! It was very sweet of you to think of me!

The devotional you just posted hit me like a ton of bricks! I have been in such a "pity party" lately. I hate feeling so bad and insecure! So, this devotional was "just for me"!

I hope you continue to have a wonderful weekend!

Love,
Mandalyn

Anonymous said...

Are you, by any chance, going to share Mom's yummy cinnamon rolls recipe??? :)
Have fun with your company!

In Pursuit of His Call said...

Ooh, I'm with sheryl about sharing the cinnamon roll recipe :)

Jenny said...

That is me, too. I do have self-pity about what I'm giving up, and sometimes I think I ought to be given a pat on the back for doing it by people who have no idea that I'm even giving stuff up! Crazy! It's just amazing how our minds work on us!
I'm trying to catch up from the weekend; I hear through the grapevine I have a happy coming to me ;) I'll get to that post in just a few....