Friday, June 22, 2007

diet devo ~ day thirteen


"He who follows righteousness and mercy finds life, righteousness and honor." Proverbs 21:21

Long distance runners train themselves to think of the finish line. They visualize it just ahead. They say this keeps them from wanting to give up somewhere along the way. The reward of crossing the finish line is worth more than any pain or discomfort on the way. Dieters can learn from this. Instead of dwelling on how hungry we are, or how much we long for rich foods, we should continually think in terms of the rewards that await us at the end. Christians follow Christ with hope of a heavenly reward. Faith means we await something yet to come. Dieting means we live in the hope of trimming down and looking fit.

Today's Thought: The reward of our diet is greater than the sacrifice!



Oh girls! I have so much to do today... but because I love you so much I am typing this devo out first. We have guests coming tonight (matt's mom & aunt) to stay until tomorrow. Since Amanda got home from Canada yesterday she has so much laundry and stuff to put away. I need you to send some energy prayers my way :o)...

I talked to Judi on the phone for a bit this morning. I wish I could hear everyone's voice... I sound like a little girl. Telemarketers always ask to speak to my mama or daddy. I say, "they are not here." Judi sounds like a southern girl for sure. I don't think I have an accent. I did have a little of the Okie slang and when I was in college I took a voice and articulation class that pointed out all the Okie sounds I make so I try not to, it might creep up every once in a while though. It was cool to put a voice to her though and fun to talk to her IRL kinda.

Have a great Friday!

12 comments:

Susan said...

Thoughts and prayers with you today, Annie. Afraid I have the Okie twant, even though I wasn't raised here. Been here too long!!
Susan

Constance said...

Energy prayers on their way to you today and through the weekend, Annie !

Mandalyn said...

I know you are so glad to have Amanda home! I'm glad she is home safe!

I will be sending "energy" prayers up for you! Thank you for your "restful" prayers for me. I do feel better today!

Love,
Mandalyn

Anonymous said...

Aww....I really enjoyed talking to you this morning! It was very uplifting for me! I could have gone on for another hour. Sigh....maybe some time when you don't have company coming!

Jodi said...

I hope you get caught up on the laundry. Looking forward to hearing about Amanda's trip.

Have a great weekend!

Be blesses
♥ Jodi

Corrie said...

Hey Annie,
Sending energy prayers your way...
Thanks for considering me a Rockin' Girl Blogger! I would definetely say you are, too. I enjoyed looking through Amanda's pictures. She looks just like her mother. I'm sure you hear that all the time. She is BEAUTIFUL!!! And sounds like such a sweetie, beautiful on the inside too! I hope you get everything done today that you need to do and have a nice weekend with your fam.
Cool that you talked to Judi. I bet we all have different voices than we picture while reading blogs. Ha ha.

Michelle said...

the same thing happens w/me too when telemarketers call! and I give them the same answer, "they're not home right now" LOL

Peculiar Blogs said...

That's funny, I cultivate my "okie twang." I've never had an accent and I think my hubby's accent is so wonderful! In fact, it's one of the things that attracted me to him!

Your devo reminds me of a quote I have on the frig "Don't exchange what you want most for what you want at the moment."

hope you had a wonderful day yesterday and a blessed weekend!

gail@more than a song said...

So fun for you and Judi to "hear" each other and get to talk!

Tammy said...

I love anything with a southern or Okie slang. My beloved grandmother and all her sisters were from Oklahoma...they all still had a touch of the slang no matter how many years they lived in Oregon.

And I sound like a little girl, too- both in person and on the phone! :)

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I totally sound like a little girl on the phone! I actually get bugged by people's comments so I have stopped answering the house phone...it's usually not for me anyway!

I loved the quote about the long distance runners. I used to run cross country...I can totally relate.

Jenny said...

While sometimes the diet finish line overwhelms me, the faith finish line does NOT! I can rest in the mercy and grace that lines the road. Maybe I need to line my diet race with a little grace and not get too down on myself.
And, wouldn't a blogosphere girls spend the night be fun?? I'm having me some thoughts.....