Monday, June 11, 2007

Time Travel Tuesday ~ Vacation Memories!













We are traveling back (in our minds) to vacations... either a favorite one, or most memorable.
Do you have any special vacation memories? Where did you go? Did you camp out, or stay in a hotel?



My dad loved to take us out on road trips for a week or so at a time. He just liked to get away, he still does... I just don't get to go now :o(. I have many memories of little things along the way during these road trips...

... My brothers and I were always in search of a motel to stop at with a pool.

... Once while camping at Devil's Cave, a can of biscuits exploded during the night and we thought someone was shooting at us.

... We went camping with my friend Mendy's family. Me & Mendy needed to use the potty but were afraid to walk all the way to the bathhouse, so we used the porta potty in the camper. It was so dark when we arrived we assumed that woods surrounded the area. When we woke up and looked out the window there was Mendy's dad holding up that blue bag of liquid trying to figure out what it was. We laughed so hard the camper shook. (Mendy's dad was our principle at school btw).

... Once on our way to Graceland, I think I was 14... my dad and I went to the hot tub and the man there asked if he was my husband! eeek!

... Camping at Lake Arcadia with young couples from church we made up a song (take me back to... lake arcadia) . It still comes to mind from time to time. That was one of the funnest weekends. Mendy, Jeana & Kevin were hilarious.

... Another weekend with that same group at Camp rock creek. We had the camp to ourselves and the guys decided to scare us girls (it was halloween weekend). They flipped the breaker and we screamed. We then stacked mattresses and took the funniest pictures of us all doing flips in the air. I would post them if I could remember where they are. If I find them I will add them.


Of all the places I've been, those are the things that I have remembered while traveling in my mind thinking of vacations. I can't wait to read your memories.

21 comments:

Joyful Days said...

I have so many fond memories of camping while I grew up. We need to take the boys camping. Just always seems to be something else to do.

Blessings, Annie. I've really enjoyed the Time Travel.

Julie

Anonymous said...

Had to smile about the biscuits exploding. :)

I just thought of another topic for a Time Travel Tuesday some time, if you haven't covered it yet: our first cooking experience. Somehow between the biscuits and the giggling with friends that you mentioned reminded me of one of my first cooking experiences with a friend -- it involved a lot of giggling!

Unknown said...

What a great post with great memories!!

Jodi said...

What fun camping memories! I've joined in today.

Have a great Tuesday!

Irene said...

Lovely post, Annie. Especially the biscuit can. And peeing in camp can be really tricky, I know...
Beautiful memories.Wishing you many more beautiful ones in the future.

Sue G. said...

I've been a little behind lately, but I'm so glad to hear that the passport showed up and all is well. Enjoy this time with the kids out and about. I know you miss them but it must be nice to have some down time too!!
As always, your menu looks terrific!! Thanks for your sharing...you have blessed so many with your blogging, I know because I've been one blessed by you. Thank you for giving to the Lord...I'm a life that won't be the same as a result! Blessings back to ya!!

KC said...

What great memories of your vacations. I'm so behind of reading blogs right now, but I'll get caught up soon.. Sorry I haven't commented in a while.
Great Time Travel this week, I love family vacations they are the best. Thanks for Sharing

Sara said...

Nice memories. We were never camping people, still today I am not crazy about it :p
Mine is up

Anonymous said...

What great memories! I loved the biscuit story. I bet that did scare you! Have a great Tuesday.

Karen Hossink said...

You thought it was yucky that a man thought your dad was your husband...I wonder what that man was thinking about your dad taking such a pretty YOUNG thing for his wife! LOL

Anonymous said...

What great memories... my parents and I took a lot of rode trips together too!

Renee said...

What great memories! The biscuit story is the best. Have a good rest of the week.

mamashine said...

How fun! This is my first time travel post. I used to love camping as a kid too.

Anonymous said...

Such fun memories! I always enjoy reading your posts...as someone mentioned earlier, thanks for sharing your world...you are truly a blessing!

Anonymous said...

How funny! Exploding Biscuits! I bet that gave y'all the scare of your life, LOL!

I'm skipping out this week. I didn't grow up going on many vacations. That must be in my blood now, as I'm not a real vacation lover. I get homesick so easily and would just rather stay around here. When we travel, it's to see family (mine in Virginia and David's in Arkansas).

-atomik kitten said...

I can't stand the sound of a biscuit can popping... LOL

Corrie said...

I love camping too. So funny about the biscuits and the potty bag!!! Ha ha ha.

Anonymous said...

I'm late! I loved this TTT! Thanks Annie!

gail@more than a song said...

Funny one about the biscuits!
I wish I had time this week to do this one Annie....we have traveled so much with our 4 kids over the years and have really had some experiences with it!

Jill said...

I've never been camping and I think I should at least give it a shot. Also, Graceland is on my list of places to visit. I think it would be awesome.

Kerri said...

Sounds like a lot of great trips and wonderful memories. I think that camping trips make for some of the best memories... I love them! Thanks again for hosting Time Travel Tuesday.