Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Day three

Amanda just called, they have been driving all night and are in Indiana eating breakfast. They plan to stop in NY tonight to sleep and then finish the trip to Canada. I know she is going to see so many interesting things and have such a wonderful experience. Bailey and Emelia are both at camp. Needless to say, me & Iz are having a quiet morning! It is nice. I love it to be slightly dark, cool, and quiet. But, I miss them anyway. It makes me happy to know that they are all having so much fun.

Here is the entry for day three in the dieters daily devotional for those of you who are reading them. I have listed day one and two the last two days.

For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness. I Thessalonians 4:7

When we try to figure out what it means to be holy, we think of many things that we do which we shouldn't. Our minds fill with "thou shalt nots" and we promise ourselves that we will do better. Our minds should not be so filled by the bad things we have done; we should focus on the good things we can do. Certainly, dieting requires sacrifice, but the benefits involved far out weigh the costs. Our focus must be on what we receive rather than what we must do without. Dieting is not turning from what we shouldn't do. Dieting is doing what God calls us to do.

Today's Thought: God will not leave us when we respond to His call!

14 comments:

Sandra said...

I'm so glad they're all doing great, but I know what you mean, it's nice to have quiet but I usually miss the chaos and noise of my kids.

Hope you have a wonderful day,
♥Sandra

Constance said...

Sounds liie everyone is having a very good week, Annie !

Constance said...

typo - like

Leni said...

They're probably coming right by me! We're 90 min from Niagara, and hardly ever get there ourselves!

Karen said...

My daughter (she's the youngest, age 10) is at camp this week. Hubby is out of town. It's nice being home with just the two boys. We saw Ocean's 13 last night. Feels odd when we're not all together, but it's nice that everyone gets their time to do something special.

Have a great week!

Irene said...

This is so nice of you posting these thoughts!
Thank you.

Jenileigh said...

{{{Big Hugs for you Annie}}} My daughter Heaven will be leaving for Peru in 19 days...they are creeping on me so fast.

Thanks for sharing your dieting devotions. They help me so much!

Haley said...

I'm home annie! Check out my post about my mom!

Haley

Marcia Francois said...

I'm glad your kids are having fun too. You and Izzy can do your own chilling thing :)

Listen, I tagged you!

http://organisingtips.blogspot.com/2007/06/ive-been-tagged-to-tell-my-quirky.html

gail@more than a song said...

What fun they'll have!
Enjoy your quiet.

Tammy and Parker said...

I have a Bailey too! And my McCall left for girl's camp this morning. She is an amazing help around here. So while I'm thrilled she gets to have some fun this week, it is very different without her around.

ann said...

I know the kids will have such a great time in Canada! It should be such an exciting trip! Staying in New York would be exciting for me! I hope you and Izzy enjoy your quiet time this week!
annb

palmtreefanatic said...

Sound nice for all! enjoy...

Mandalyn said...

Do you mind telling me the name of the diet devotional book? Thanks!

I'm glad Amanda is doing good! She is going to have such a great time and see so much!